PDA

View Full Version : Does a suspended campiagn mean not in debates?

Jeremy
02-07-2008, 05:27 PM
Or will Romney still be in the debates...

LiveToWin
02-07-2008, 05:34 PM
OOOoohhhhh Very intresting. Unless they are just going to let McCain parade around the stage with a crown on, or debate himself, Ron will HAVE to get more time.

And we all know what happens when he gets more time :D

Alawn
02-07-2008, 05:40 PM
It would make no sense for him to be at the debates. Plus what makes everyone else think that suspending means anything different than dropping out?

Son of Detroit
02-07-2008, 05:42 PM
There's not going to be more any debates.

ambiguousscion
02-07-2008, 05:43 PM
There's not going to be more any debates.

MSNBC on the 28th it looks like...

Lord Xar
02-07-2008, 05:44 PM
There is suppose to be a debate February 28th (around that time, I think). I think we need to make sure that they INCLUDE RON PAUL. There is a very real concern that Ron will blast McCain and they might not want that.... look for them to make it about McCain and Huckabee.

joshdvm
02-07-2008, 05:59 PM
???

Common sense tells me there won't be any more GOP debates (assuming Romney really is out).

The 2/28 debate was probably scheduled back when the nomination still looked up for grabs. (I’m not saying the nomination still isn’t up for grabs, but that’s not how the MSM will spin it).

Think about it: Would it make any sense at this point for the MSM to stage a McCain/Huckabee debate?

And even if there were somehow another debate which included Huckabee, the MSM now has practically a license not to invite RP (as has been their intention all along) due to his arguably poor primary showings.

The only other scenario is Huckabee withdraws, leaving McCain and Paul as the two GOP candidates.

Now, would I really need to go into why the MSM would not stage a McCain/Paul GOP debate?

Mogwai
02-07-2008, 06:00 PM
There is suppose to be a debate February 28th (around that time, I think). I think we need to make sure that they INCLUDE RON PAUL. There is a very real concern that Ron will blast McCain and they might not want that.... look for them to make it about McCain and Huckabee.

I think he is invited, because it's listed as an upcoming event on ronpaul2008.com . Only thing we can face is that msnbc will suspend it, because the media thinks the Republican nomination is over/secured. Especially if Huckabee gets the VP spot.

Paul10
02-07-2008, 06:01 PM

Alawn
02-07-2008, 06:05 PM
Why would it make no sense? It'd actually would be a debate if there's only 2 or 3.

Not if it was Paul v. McCain though. I agree on that. lol

It would make no sense for Romney to be there.

joshdvm
02-07-2008, 06:06 PM
Why would it make no sense? It'd actually would be a debate if there's only 2 or 3.

Not if it was Paul v. McCain though. I agree on that. lol

In a just world it makes sense. Our situation is not just hence it makes perfect sense for the MSM to exclude Paul from any McCain/Huckabee confrontation.

RPDelegate
It would be just like it is with Edwards. Edwards didn't actually drop out. He suspended as well. And you don't see anything about Edwards any more. I think most people and especially MSM look at these suspensions the same as dropping out. You shouldn't hear or see anything about Romney any more. At least that's my take on it, but I would be wrong.

Ethek
McCain will just decline to attend any more debates. Thus they will be canceled. Nothing anyone can do about that now.

Paul10
02-07-2008, 06:09 PM