PDA

View Full Version : Huckabee's dilemma

Original_Intent
02-07-2008, 04:55 PM
I find Huckabee in an interesting dillemma, it will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Romney got out of the race "for the good of the party" so that support can get behind McCain.

If Huckabee does not drop out now, he will look like he is willing to hurt the party to stay in. This will put him in disfavor with the party. And we know what a suck up he is.

If he does drop out now, it will become clear that he was just acting as a spoiler for McCain's benefit to sink Romney's ship.

Also, if he drops out now does the media say "Oops, we actually still have another candidate running." (doubtful)

If he drops out and McCain has a heart attack, does that mean Ron Paul is the nominee as he is the only candidate running? Or does Romney saying he is "suspending" his campaign give him wiggle room that he can unsuspend it?

I would love to know what Ron Paul is thinking right now.

virginiakid
02-07-2008, 05:16 PM
It will be interesting to see how Huckabee plays it now. He was kissing McCain's butt this whole time and now what is he going to do? Does he go the attack or does he drop out. Something tells me that he is going to either drop out after Saturday or after Tuesday. But we'll see.

frasu
02-07-2008, 05:21 PM
interesting how thinks are looking now... I always wished for Romney to drop out, but now I see how bad of an idea that is... McCain collecting delegates from all over the place... The GOP is slapping candidates to the national campaign on already...

mahopaul
02-07-2008, 05:25 PM
I love how those jokers over at huck's army think they still have a chance. Everyone knows that Ron is now the clear frontrunner.

Thomas Paine
02-07-2008, 05:26 PM
Huckabee is going to continue kissing John McCain's traitorous ass so that he can get the nod for VP.

Redcard
02-07-2008, 05:27 PM
I love how those jokers over at huck's army think they still have a chance. Everyone knows that Ron is now the clear frontrunner.

Okay.

That's just a delusional statement.

We're NOT the clear front runner.

Please, please, stop deluding yourself. This delusion has gone on long enough, and it does more harm than good.

Original_Intent
02-07-2008, 05:28 PM
Huckabee is going to continue kissing John McCain's traitorous ass so that he can get the nod for VP.

+1 huck was in this to serve only one purpose - pull support from McCain's opposition. He won't drop unlesss Paul does.

mahopaul
02-07-2008, 05:32 PM
Okay.

That's just a delusional statement.

We're NOT the clear front runner.

Please, please, stop deluding yourself. This delusion has gone on long enough, and it does more harm than good.

Me delusional?!

With Romney out of the way, we have effectively won Nevada, Louisiana, Maine,
Montana, Alaska, Colorado, and North Dakota. And Minnesota.

Crickett
02-07-2008, 07:16 PM

He is an ass..he was just on some show reported in another thread where he said "It is a 2 man race now". He could kiss my XXX.

itshappening
02-07-2008, 07:20 PM
he's going to Kansas tomorrow to make 4 stops, RP is in congress :(

sgrooms
02-07-2008, 07:21 PM
I would love to know what Ron Paul is thinking right now.

youll get to know what hes thinking in about 38 minutes....

smtwngrl
02-07-2008, 07:29 PM
youll get to know what hes thinking in about 38 minutes....

Explain. :) What is in 38 minutes?

freedmfytr
02-07-2008, 07:30 PM
Huckabee can SUCK A ME!!!

sgrooms
02-07-2008, 07:31 PM
Explain. :) What is in 38 minutes?

just sent you a pm

sgrooms
02-07-2008, 07:33 PM
also, i think it will be on ronpaulradio

Scott Wilson
02-07-2008, 07:33 PM

:eek:

Good grief, your being serious?

Everyone knows that Ron is now the clear frontrunner?

I don't know what to say except perhaps you would like to buy some lakeside property on the surface of the sun?

polexi
02-07-2008, 07:35 PM
just sent you a pm

I would like to know too, I'm sure everyone would. :confused:

GunnyFreedom
02-07-2008, 07:35 PM
OK, I have to know this too

mahopaul
02-07-2008, 07:36 PM
he's going to Kansas tomorrow to make 4 stops, RP is in congress :(

Don't worry, Lew Moore knows we have this one in the bag. Why waste Ron's time campaigning?

MikeStanart
02-07-2008, 07:37 PM
I have a suspicion that Huckabee has only been in this to leech voters from Romney.

sgrooms
02-07-2008, 07:37 PM
Special coverage on February 7th, 2008

Ron Paul Radio will feature special coverage February 7th including discussion and analysis of Romney's suspension of campaigning and coverage of a conference call at 21:00 EST. As always, thank you for tuning in and supporting Ron Paul Radio - the first international grassroots live radio station devoted to a candidate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

The conference call referenced above is a call with Ron Paul and all meetup groups. Ronpaulradio.com will stream that conference call live at 9PM ET

freedmfytr
02-07-2008, 07:39 PM
I would like to know too, I'm sure everyone would. :confused:

Dr. Paul is having a conference call that will be broadcast on ronpaulradio.com at 9:00 pm EST tonight.

sgrooms
02-07-2008, 07:45 PM
i wasn't aware if i could post this or not, but i guess theyll be muting everyone except for three people, so it won't matter

When
Thursday, February 7, 2008 at 8:00 PM
Where
Your Home or Business!
Austin Area
Austin , TX 78701
Organized by
Lisa

Details

RON PAUL will be participating in a Ron Paul National Meetup Call tonight!

Thursday February 7, 2008 at 8:00 PM CST

Telephone 605-475-8500 Code - 5092984

fuzzybekool
02-07-2008, 07:45 PM
Huck's Army must be dissapointed in their candidate. They did all that work and raised money for him, and the whole time, the Huckster was shilling for his boss, McCain.

"Sellout" is too nice a term.

virginiakid
02-07-2008, 07:52 PM
I bet Huckabee drops out either after Saturday or after Tuesday. Just a gut feeling.

Thanehand
02-07-2008, 08:09 PM
Me delusional?!

With Romney out of the way, we have effectively won Nevada, Louisiana, Maine,
Montana, Alaska, Colorado, and North Dakota. And Minnesota.

Uh, no. Because he didn't drop out. He still retains those delegates... and is obviously "suspending" vs "dropping out" to keep them from Ron.

Interesting thought - should we start calling national to force them to assign the delegates to the next runner up claiming that Romney is withholding them unfairly?

mahopaul
02-07-2008, 08:13 PM
Uh, no. Because he didn't drop out. He still retains those delegates... and is obviously "suspending" vs "dropping out" to keep them from Ron.

Interesting thought - should we start calling national to force them to assign the delegates to the next runner up claiming that Romney is withholding them unfairly?

Don't worry, the campaign has a plan.

seeker1
02-07-2008, 08:49 PM

Anyway Huckleberry will probably offered a post with Homeland Security as a chaplain or something.:cool: