PDA

View Full Version : Should we let them think McCain is the nom?

Agent CSL
02-07-2008, 04:54 PM
Think about it. The last few states are crucial. If people know this race is still wide open, they will go out and vote - probably for McCain. But if they think McCain has the nom sealed then they will stay home, lulled in by a false sense of confidence thinking the mainstream candidate has it.

On the other hand, Ron Paul supporters are massive. Without a big turnout it's possible we could seal some states easily.

We should raise our foot troop's morale and lull the would-be-McCain voters back to sleep.

What do you think?

billjarrett
02-07-2008, 04:57 PM
I'm for raising troop morale and forgetting the MSM.

Everytime something comes up around here, it seems everyone wants to get it on the MSM. I think it's obvious they are not, and will not ever be on our side. If you do the same thing over and over again expecting different results.......

LiveToWin
02-07-2008, 04:58 PM
Im seeing anti-aircraft guns all over the R[evol]ution firing Every gun they have at McCain. I honestly dont know whats gonna happen now.

dblee
02-07-2008, 04:58 PM
YES! Let the MSM tell the sheep they've already won/lost. This can only work to our huge advantage. Anyone else who gives a crap about politics will be part of the huge conservative backlash against McCain. All we need to do is fuel the fire!

We have to make sure he does NOT WIN ONE SINGLE MORE STATE.

dsentell
02-07-2008, 05:01 PM
Agent CSL, I like your style.

But it is all out of our hands. The MSM will act like it is over no matter what we do. Hopefully, most McCain sheeple will be lulled into thinking its all a done deal.

Meanwhile, RP troops, mount up and swarm the polls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

enjerth
02-07-2008, 05:17 PM
Absolutely. Ron Paul doesn't exist. This can work to our advantage.... IF YOU GET OUT AND CANVASS YOUR PRECINCT FOR RON PAUL.

A lot of work to do. Walk your precinct and get to know your neighbors.

Become a precinct captain. (https://voters.ronpaul2008.com/grassroots/)

Sign up, even if your state has already had a primary/caucus. This thing isn't over yet.

GoldStan
02-07-2008, 09:32 PM
If our supporters are so "massive" why don't they vote beyond ~10%?

Go ahead and pretend that you are "letting" the GOP think McCain is the nominee. Right on through the point where he *is* the nominee and the "secret plan" hasn't done squat.

billjarrett
02-07-2008, 09:42 PM

Go ahead and pretend that you are "letting" the GOP think McCain is the nominee. Right on through the point where he *is* the nominee and the "secret plan" hasn't done squat.

Why hello Mr. 14 posts, all of them today and none of them positive.

Nothing good on fox news?

GoldStan
02-08-2008, 11:56 AM
Why hello Mr. 14 posts, all of them today and none of them positive.

Nothing good on fox news?

Hello smarmy typical board guy who likes to chase off anyone who isn't wholesale buyign into delusion.

I cam here looking to see if there was anyway that RP's campaign might be helped (since my local meetups were poisoned by conspiracy people) but instead found that the entrie movement has been co-opted by folks who prefer "magical thinking" to actual campaigning.

No wonder we lost so huge.

thegr8drronpaul
02-08-2008, 12:00 PM

We have to remember that not EVERY Ron Paul supporter is as die-hard as most of us on the forums! A lot of you are living in this bizarro world of the forums and are not considering the view of the average Ron supporter.

Eponym_mi
02-08-2008, 12:04 PM

Part of the problem has been massive overall turnout. If the overall turnout diminishes, RP supporters still turnout, AND he gets a large number of Romney converts, it could be a new ballgame. The odds are not in RP's favor, but I hope people will still turn out to vote for him regardless.

GoldStan
02-08-2008, 12:04 PM
We have to remember that not EVERY Ron Paul supporter is as die-hard as most of us on the forums! A lot of you are living in this bizarro world of the forums and are not considering the view of the average Ron supporter.

True, but I don't think we can call someone a "supporter" if their support won't even consist of a vote.

Where are they drawing the effort line? Thinking nice thoughts about RP?

GoldStan
02-08-2008, 12:08 PM
Part of the problem has been massive overall turnout. If the overall turnout diminishes, RP supporters still turnout, AND he gets a large number of Romney converts, it could be a new ballgame. The odds are not in RP's favor, but I hope people will still turn out to vote for him regardless.

That is a nice thought but it would take a whopper of a redution in turnout to make that ~10% average into anything meaningful post Super Tuesday.

Taking a sample of 100,000 voters with 10,000 for RP to get above 50% the turnout would have to plunge to 20,000 or less even if we picked up another 5% from Romney turnout would have to drop to around 25,000 to get a majority in any remaining state.

We *might* see a 50% drop in turnout if we are amazingly lucky but that still wouldn't be enough at the current proportions (or even nearly doubling our proportionate support).

We can't count on low turnout for much of anything.

acptulsa
02-08-2008, 12:10 PM
I don't have a lot of faith that enough of the good dog G.O.P. faithful will stay home. Many are retired and have nothing else to do. Many take it as a matter of faith that voting is their duty, even though they don't consider doing actual research so they can vote intelligently to be equally their duty.

No, we need to slam liberal, amnesty, anti-gun, fake war hero McCain as hard as we can and beat the drums to get everyone who will vote against him out to those polls!

familydog
02-08-2008, 12:10 PM
Think about it. The last few states are crucial. If people know this race is still wide open, they will go out and vote - probably for McCain. But if they think McCain has the nom sealed then they will stay home, lulled in by a false sense of confidence thinking the mainstream candidate has it.

On the other hand, Ron Paul supporters are massive. Without a big turnout it's possible we could seal some states easily.

We should raise our foot troop's morale and lull the would-be-McCain voters back to sleep.

What do you think?

I like it.

Eponym_mi
02-08-2008, 12:20 PM
That is a nice thought

Well, one of the points that I made was that RP would need to convert a large number of Romney followers. If that were to happen along with lower overall turn, 10% could become 40%+....he'd be a serious contender. A solid win in any of the upcoming states would definitely help, although that could cause overall turnout to increase again. But I admit the odds are terrible, even if he won every remaining state.

pacelli
02-08-2008, 12:28 PM
Can you imagine another 9 months of the media talking about nothing but John McCain? Please. They will lose ratings fast.