PDA

View Full Version : Concert Webcast Raises Censorship Issues

CurtisLow
08-09-2007, 01:20 PM
When rock band Pearl Jam sung the lyrics “George Bush, leave this world alone” at a music festival over the weekend, fans following along online didn’t hear the message chanted from a Chicago stage.

AT&T Inc., which broadcast the performance on its Blue Room Web site edited the lyrics from its live Webcast of the Sunday performance at Lollapalooza, leaving the musicians to cry censorship. AT&T blames a contract agency that it hires to use a two-minute delay to edit out profanity between songs and “questionable actions” such as on-stage nudity for its all-ages Web site. AT&T said an employee of the agency mistakenly removed the lyrics that included, “George Bush find yourself another home,” that were sung to the tune of Pink Floyd’s “Another Brick in the Wall.”

More on the story..

http://www.freepress.net/news/25296

constituent
08-09-2007, 04:14 PM
yea... i have at&t and i'm pretty sure they'll mess w/ me while accessing certain sites... this one included.

my other option for a provider here in town got in trouble for selectively blocking sites as well, craigslist among others.