PDA

View Full Version : History

LEK
02-07-2008, 04:39 PM
From my daughter's world history book talking about the ECONOMIC CONDITIONS before the French Revolution:

France's economic problems prior to the Revolution were caused not only by massive taxation and government spending, but also by an irresponsible reliance on fiat money (currency backed by nothing of value - gold, silver, or any other precious metal-but instead by the government's command). The inflation in France before and during the French Revolution showed how wildly prices could rise in a short time when the issuing of unbacked paper money was not controlled.

Not advocating anything like the French Revolution (it was a disaster and ushered in Napoleon, a dictator). Just found the above so familiar, who does it sound like?

theczar1776
02-07-2008, 04:43 PM
wow, what book is that, al the books i have read alway give the party line of "the king spend too much on Verssiale (whatever), there were years and years of famine" garbage, but i never knew that awesome

LEK
02-07-2008, 04:50 PM
Isn't it interesting how people keep complaining that RP only talks about the economy BUT it the root cause of all problems. He sounds like a broken record to the uninformed but to those who have any economic background you will see that they support him AND add that he is our only hope to turning this mess around.

History doesn't always have to repeat itself...

theczar1776
02-07-2008, 05:17 PM
Oh yeah.
Abortion- economic issue
Iraq war-Economic issue
Trade/unemployment/free trade
ect.
ect.