PDA

View Full Version : I was once a McCain supporter

ItsTime
02-07-2008, 04:35 PM
Thats right I was once a McCain supporter. When he announced his candidacy I was happy. I signed up for his email list, (still getting emails) I put him on my friends list on Myspace. I planned on donating. But then I started to listen to what he saying. And I quickly realized that his ideas are not Republican at all.

So I started to look for candidates that had true Republican values. Romney, ha, saw him when he was the gov. Huckabee, I like what he says about the Constitution but nah he has a very liberal background. Then I heard Ron Paul at the debates. WOW! I said he is my man! The first time in a long time I realized it is ok to be Republican and be anti-war. It felt good, and still feels good.

Sorry just some rambling.. thought I would share.

benhaskins
02-07-2008, 04:37 PM
nice

anewvoice
Hey I voted for Bush in 2000. We all wear our own scarlet letter.

Ex Post Facto
Thanks for sharing, so it is possible to convert a McCain supporter. Good to know.

justatrey
02-07-2008, 04:38 PM
Well, I was once an Obama supporter - mostly because I heard he spoke out against the war. Not sure which is worse.

BreakYourChains
02-07-2008, 04:39 PM
I voted for Bush in 2000 too. Thanks for sharing! Ron Paul all the way!

AlbemarleNC0003
02-07-2008, 04:39 PM
I voted for John Kerry. But we're all here now.

theczar1776
02-07-2008, 04:40 PM
ah there is hope at last

nullvalu
02-07-2008, 04:41 PM
I'm safe, I voted Badnarick. :p

Jae0
I've never voted before this election, and I was thinking about voting for Obama before I heard about Paul.

We all make mistakes.

jd603
Don't feel bad, I was for Hillary to get Bill back in office before I researched politics and history more, foreign policy etc.

Thats right I was once a McCain supporter. When he announced his candidacy I was happy. I signed up for his email list, (still getting emails) I put him on my friends list on Myspace. I planned on donating. But then I started to listen to what he saying. And I quickly realized that his ideas are not Republican at all.

So I started to look for candidates that had true Republican values. Romney, ha, saw him when he was the gov. Huckabee, I like what he says about the Constitution but nah he has a very liberal background. Then I heard Ron Paul at the debates. WOW! I said he is my man! The first time in a long time I realized it is ok to be Republican and be anti-war. It felt good, and still feels good.

AnalogDan
02-07-2008, 04:42 PM
McCain was never the tortured POW that he stakes his rep on.

http://prisonplanet.com/articles/february2008/020708_never_tortured.htm

Mandrik
02-07-2008, 04:42 PM
I was a McCain fan up until a few years ago. He used to come on The Daily Show all the time and made a lot of sense when he talked. Then this war really "changed" what he was saying (or maybe I was changed). Even John Stewart recognized that he wasn't the same guy he himself used to love.

LibertyEagle
02-07-2008, 04:44 PM

Glad you did. :)

MsDoodahs
02-07-2008, 04:44 PM

I loved reading this today! Thank you!

BuddyRey
02-07-2008, 04:45 PM

GREAT story! I used to like McCain a lot too, which makes me wonder if the people currently voting for him are really voting for the McCain of '08 who wants to nuke the entire solar system, or if they think he's still the McCain of 2000, the maverick who refused to be a toady for the GOP establishment. He's changed a lot.

Now, if we can only convince current McCain supporters that Ron Paul CAN win!