PDA

View Full Version : *New Strategy* Focus ALL efforts on ONE state

dblee
02-07-2008, 04:34 PM
I'm the last one to be foolishly optimistic, and I'm as down as the rest of you with the results from super tuesday. However, with events in recent days, it seems as if the perfect confluence of variables has conspired to give us a chance at a HUGE comeback.

- Romney has dropped out.

- MSM has crowned McCain the Nominee

- Talk radio still hates him

- Huck is running on fumes financially

- The republican party is fractured and desperate for a REAL conservative to back.

This means we have a few advantages:

- Romney's supporters are up for grabs. They blame Huck for Romney's loss. They HATE McCain.

- Most casual voters who follow the news will assume that McCain has already won, thus they will be less eager to get out the vote. This is one thing we're strong at.

- Our main competition in CAUCUS states has flown the coop. This is our STRENGTH.

- Talk radio is doing much of our negative campaigning for us. They HATE McCain.

- We now have a respectable amount of experience amongst ourselves from the previous primaries and caucuses. We know what works, and what doesn't.

Even barring a comeback we will be laying the foundation for a successful third party run. (for you naysayers) If you want Ron Paul to succeed if he doesn't get the nomination, you can't stop fighting now. Waiting until he announces a 3rd party run will sabotage his chances, and may send the message that he doesn't have the support, and thus he may just drop out.

We should augment all of the above with negative grassroots TV ads through a PAC that doesn't mention Ron Paul's name. Then, we have to present an alternative.

This leads me to believe we should focus on one state at a time for maximum chance at a win. Right now our best chance is WASHINGTON. It's a caucus state, we have a strong base of support there, and... it's next.
This can be the springboard off which we say to the general public 'See? Dr. Paul CAN win!' If we can follow this up with a win in Texas, we'll have effectively sparked a conservative backlash to the very liberal McCain. Everyone knows Huck is just as liberal and has designs on a VP slot. There are 21 states left to go, this fight is far from over.

SO! HOW DO WE WIN???

I'm assuming the grassroots in the target states have the canvassing and sign waving covered. This is not to downplay the importance of it but we'll focus on what we can do nationally. We can not afford to leave this up to Campaign HQ, trust them as we might.

1. Everyone on board for this plan needs to dedicate 100 dollars to the cause. 50 to donate to the official campaign, and 50 to donate to various grassroots efforts. This forum has about 10,000 active members. There are many many more supporters in meetup groups and all over the web.

2. Promote a money bomb outside of this forum ie.. Youtube, digg, etc. This is important to a.) keep Paul in the race and let him know he has our support. b.) The 10,000 members on this forum where we can communicate directly with each other need to focus our money on grassroots efforts.

3. Call4Paul. One state at a time. Lots of volunteers.

4. Ron Paul newspapers or literature on every driveway in the state. (dunno if they're deliverable by this time. Slimjims will do in a pinch.)

5. Grassroots attack ads through a PAC not affiliated with Paul.

6. Grassroots Ron Paul commercials.

7. Newspaper ads galore.

In order for this to work, each one of us has to commit to promoting and executing ONE of the above. If we can do this, we can fill the vacuum that Romney has left behind, and take advantage of the apathy of McCain supporters in the wake of his "inevitability." Of course this has to happen fast to avoid losing even more momentum. We can't succeed if people insist on being defeatists. Join with me in a redoubled effort!

Everyone pick a task! Lets do it!

dblee
02-07-2008, 04:50 PM
read this you bastards.

JSCHAFER1337
02-07-2008, 04:51 PM
bump...i like this idea.

itshappening
02-07-2008, 04:52 PM
bump I like this renewed energy... !!!

burningfur
02-07-2008, 05:01 PM
Now we're talking!

JasonM
02-07-2008, 05:07 PM
bump. Worth a shot, although I'm only somewhat cautiously optimistic.

dblee
02-07-2008, 05:09 PM
I'm only ever cautiously optimistic.

I pledge to donate 50 to the RP campaign, 50 to one grassroots TV campaign, and volunteer at Call4Paul this week.

What are YOU going to do?

Joe3113
02-07-2008, 05:10 PM
I love this idea!

All Seeing Eye
02-07-2008, 05:11 PM
blimp

jointhefightforfreedom
02-07-2008, 05:12 PM
Bump!

squandertime
02-07-2008, 05:12 PM
oh, i thought you were going to say TEXAS where there is a butt load of delegates here............

allyinoh
02-07-2008, 05:14 PM
What about Ohio?? I have seen mainly Ron Paul signs here (even in some reeeeeeeal rural places).

I think we could win Ohio if we concentrated our efforts...

TurtleBurger
02-07-2008, 05:15 PM
Is RP going to spend any time in Washington? There's not much time but at least he could get a couple days in.

dblee
02-07-2008, 05:21 PM
He's already been in Washington. We will have to focus on Ohio and Texas as well.

But for now, Feb 9th quickly approaches, and caucus states are our best bet!

This will ensure we have some serious momentum going into the later states

Mark37snj
02-07-2008, 05:32 PM
oh, i thought you were going to say TEXAS where there is a butt load of delegates here............

Check out the Remember The ALAMO Money Bomb here:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=114392

manny
02-07-2008, 05:46 PM
Good call.

Romney had been the supposed conservative vote, especially on fiscal matters.

Now they can vote for Ron or else they're voting for RINOs like McAmnesty and Huck.

Stop illegal immigration, support the 2nd amendment, lower taxes and spending, states rights - got to push these all the way in texas - Ron is the conservative vote to show the GOP you dislike McCain's amnesty plans.

dblee
02-07-2008, 05:47 PM
bizzump

tangent4ronpaul
02-07-2008, 05:47 PM
What state do we have the best chance of winning - poll:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=114731

arctica2
02-07-2008, 05:48 PM
buuump

Mordan
02-07-2008, 05:50 PM
Washington!!!!!!!!!

goldismoney
02-07-2008, 05:53 PM
We can never stop believing and working our butts off on what Ron Paul and the movement stands for!

See this professionally produced song and video for some inspiration (written and sung by my amazing wife Cynthia):
http://youtube.com/watch?v=iItigsCf7Ps

We'll both be meeting with RP NV people tonight as we're both NV delegates (we won two out of 3 spots in our pricinct; we can WIN NV with Romney out now!).

justatrey
02-07-2008, 05:53 PM
Texas!!!

It seems so damn obvious!

jahazii
02-07-2008, 05:54 PM
Texas... ronpaulbillboards.com

seapilot
02-07-2008, 05:56 PM
This is true, talk radio is doing a number on McCain and Huckabee. Conservatives are so confused right now they want to run and hide under a rock. They need to punish McCains liberalism and that the best way is to protest vote for Ron Paul. A protest vote might actually work as a lot of people think RP cant win anyway so they have nothing to gain by voting for McCain. That makes a good slogan for campaigning No GAIN by voting MCCAIN.

recess
02-07-2008, 05:57 PM
Washington all the way, its a caucus and there is a ton of support for him in the Northwest. Its caucus is also coming up very soon. no brainer really

Zak
02-07-2008, 06:08 PM
We have a good shot in WA to win the caucus, especially if the other candidates' supporters think that the race is over. The problem is that the caucus only gives 19 of our 40 delegates. The primary gives 18 and 3 go to GOP officials. Also, to get any delegates from the primary, we need 20%. Therefore if we want a majority of delegates we need 20% in the primary.

dblee
02-07-2008, 06:21 PM
Win Washington, it's only 2 days away, THEN we focus on texas.

terlinguatx
02-07-2008, 06:22 PM

dblee
02-07-2008, 06:23 PM
Oops.

We have 12 days until Washington and a MONTH until Texas.

Focus your energies where you think it's best, but the sooner we get a win, the more momentum we will have. Right now the grassroots is having to pick itself up by its bootstraps without a win.

HippyChimp
02-07-2008, 06:31 PM
If the campaign has hopes to convince the nay-sayers that he does have a chance, we need a win. I'm not saying that the delegate strategy is wrong, just that a win would help.

Mark37snj
02-07-2008, 07:12 PM
HOW ABOUT A MONEY BOMB TO SUPPORT BOTH Texas and Washington :o :o :o :o :D

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=115397

EDIT: Come on, people will have their INCOME TAX CHECKS!!!!!

colecrowe
02-07-2008, 07:16 PM
stupidest strategy in the world. nobody in the other states will care if he loses 25 and then wins one. besides, it ain't gonna happen

NoPants
02-07-2008, 07:18 PM
This reminds me of the Rudy-Florida debacle. But we have the grassroots system so maybe it's different.

dblee
02-07-2008, 08:13 PM
stupidest strategy in the world. nobody in the other states will care if he loses 25 and then wins one. besides, it ain't gonna happen

I beg to differ, the question up till now has been: Can he win?

If we show that he can win at least one state, that will be validation to the rest of the republican party and the states that haven't voted yet who are STRONGLY DISATISFIED with their current choices.

Teenforpaul08
02-07-2008, 08:17 PM
Texas?

jpa
02-07-2008, 08:19 PM
We should go back in time and focus on NH. This state was won by Buccanan 12 years ago, and it will stop McCain from picking up momentum.

dblee
02-07-2008, 08:34 PM
Texas, yes, we must win texas. But not only is the Campaign HQ going to be very focused there, WASHINGTON comes almost a MONTH before Texas. So lets take it one at a time.

mcvac
02-07-2008, 08:45 PM
Great idea...Thanks for using your noodle!