PDA

View Full Version : Romney Quits, Ron Paul Fights On

Stallion
02-07-2008, 04:04 PM
Mitt Romney has announced his withdrawal from the race.
As predicted, they are falling off like flies - and the most amazing thing is that it's the GOP's cream of the crap (er ..., sorry, I meant "cream of the crop") that keeps falling off the cliff.

Think about that for a moment.

The "Rudy McRomney" trio was the press-crowned successors-in-waiting for the country's highest office for most of 2007. Now that Romney is out, only the "Mc" remains of that old triumvirate.

Just to make sure Ron Paul doesn't get the votes of the disenchanted Christian base, the country's behind-the-scene string-pullers leaned on Evangelical "leaders" to turn their base into the direction the string-pullers favored: Mike Huckabee, a total unknown who had even less name recognition than Ron Paul in the first two debates of the season. (Naturally, any references to "string-pullers" and "the CFR" in this article are purely fictitious and are not intended to impugn the reputation or motives of any actually existing individuals or organizations.)

The groomed him and groomed him, with CFR president Richard Haass at the helm of his team of advisers, until he became the establishment's overnight sensation who was able to run in third place behind "McRomney" - after Rudy jumped the sinking ship.

Huck's role was that of spoiler, to draw votes away from both Romney and Paul so that McCain, the most pliable of the candidates who toed the "stay in Iraq forever" line, could become the front runner.

But, the equation didn't quite work out that way

In the aftermath of the Super-Tuesday carnage, there remained a distinct possibility of a brokered convention that would have left the back door open for Ron Paul to emerge as the exclusive winner.

That could not be tolerated!

It now became imperative to make Romney withdraw and present all of his delegates to McCain so that McCain can become the undisputed winner of the required 1191 delegates needed to cinch the nomination for him. That means, of course, that Huckabee will have to give his delegates up as well, just to make sure. Accordingly, expect a similar withdrawal announcement from Huckabee in the near future.

Naturally, that will leave only Ron Paul on the ticket to oppose McCain. The "Last Man Standing" scenario described in the previous article on that topic definitely appears to be coming true.

The Big Question is: What Does that Mean?

Does it necessarily mean that McCain (the man who blocked all efforts to get our POW/MIA soldiers out of Vietnam so they wouldn't reveal that he ratted them out to the communists), will "cinch" the GOP nomination?

No. It doesn't.

The reason is that delegates who were, by their state's GOP party rules, forced to cast their vote for Romney as the candidate who won the popular vote in that state are now free agents. Their contract of servitude has just been canceled. They now can vote for whoever they want at the convention.

To "cinch" the nomination, McCain will still have to win enough delegates in future primaries to gain his total of 1191 delegates that he needs to win.

If Huck indeed jumps ship, future voters will have to make a stark choice: Vote for McCain, the GOP candidate whom most conservative heavyweights like Rush Limbaugh and Ann Coulter detest for his liberal Democrat-leaning votes during his Senate career - or for Ron Paul, who from the beginning was the only candidate with true, sterling, and unassailable conservative credentials?

In essence, their dilemma will be this: Elect a liberal war monger - or a hard-core conservative non-interventionist and impeccable constitutionalist?

It will be the first time in this and the last century that American conservatives will have the chance to make a real choice in a presidential election.

God does work in funny ways, as they say.

But let's say Huck stays in the race, just to make sure that conservatives will not be confronted with that stark choice, just so they can still fool themselves into believing that there is a "third alternative." In that case, Huck will continue to draw votes - but this time he will draw them away form McCain instead of Romney.

If Huckabee is really running for McCain's veep position, that will make McCain a bit uncomfortable about this possible choice. Not ideal, to say the least - and fraught with big dangers. Meanwhile, Ron Paul's volunteer army can quietly do their precinct walks and whatever else they do so well to get their candidate enough votes to get him to their brokered convention.

Tough choice for the folks at the CFR. Very tough. You almost feel bad for them.

Their problem is that Ron Paul doesn't take marching orders. Not from them, not from anyone else. Never has, never will. That's precisely why he must not win - at least in the book of those who think they (still) run this country.

History, however, may well be in the process of rewriting that 'book' for them.

It is utterly revealing that Romney expressly bowed out for the purpose of making sure that the nominee will be one of the other war mongers of the CFR-trained GOP. He said:

"If I fight on in my campaign, all the way to the convention, I would forestall the launch of a national campaign and make it more likely that Senator Clinton or Obama would win. And in this time of war, I simply cannot let my campaign be a part of aiding a surrender to terror," (Emphasis mine)

Naturally, Romney knows that, in spite of their rhetoric of late, neither of the two Democrats will withdraw from Iraq once he or she gets elected. They are as beholden to the CFR's internationalist agenda as McCain and Huckabee are - so at whom was that remark really directed?

You guessed it. None other than Ron Paul. And that shows how utterly panicked the establishment is by the mere thought of a possible brokered convention. Romney obediently agreed to waste all of the millions and millions of his own dollars he blew on his campaign, just to make sure that this elitist nightmare called "Ron Paul" and his constitutionalist "revolution" will never see even the sliver of a chance to make it to the GOP convention.

Patriot
02-07-2008, 04:05 PM
Bump for Ron Paul. He now just has to wait for McCain and Huck to drop out.:D

Just Come Home
02-07-2008, 04:37 PM
Is there a link on this?

Stallion
02-07-2008, 04:58 PM
Yes, sorry, here it is:
http://www.nolanchart.com/article2556.html

cheese
02-07-2008, 06:37 PM
http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/4923/rp3go1.th.jpg (http://img292.imageshack.us/my.php?image=rp3go1.jpg)

http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/4923/rp3go1.jpg

Mopsus
02-07-2008, 07:51 PM
I love this friggen guy!!!!

Opulen
02-07-2008, 09:08 PM
bump all the way baby!!!