PDA

View Full Version : Media Calls McCain the Nominee Resulting in Low Voter Turn Out?

NoPants
02-07-2008, 03:12 PM
Is it possible that since the media will be selling McCain as the nominee, as they have somewhat declared since Feb. 5th, but now are saying as an absolute given Romney's "suspension", will this cause lower turnout in the remaining primary states? I ask because low turnout is something we've needed. If McCain voters (primarily the sheeple) think that McCain has already won, they'll stay home right?

Thoughts?

dvictr
02-07-2008, 03:14 PM
is it possible that the MSM has planned to elect McCain as the nominee since last year?

-

Give me liberty
02-07-2008, 03:22 PM
You mean since he lost to bush back in 2000?
And not mention McCain has a strong support from NATO since he loves them so much:rolleyes:

NoPants
02-07-2008, 03:25 PM
is it possible that the MSM has planned to elect McCain as the nominee since last year?

That's not exactly what I'm asking.

My real question is will the voters believe that the primary is over, John McCain has won, and not bother voting at this point. I don't mean Dr. Paul's supporters, I'm mainly speaking about the people who show up to vote because they feel like bad Americans if they didn't vote, even thought they don't know anything about the candidates so they just choose whoever they perceive to be the popular choice. A.K.A "Sheeple".

J Free
02-07-2008, 03:27 PM
Is it possible that since the media will be selling McCain as the nominee, as they have somewhat declared since Feb. 5th, but now are saying as an absolute given Romney's "suspension", will this cause lower turnout in the remaining primary states? I ask because low turnout is something we've needed. If McCain voters (primarily the sheeple) think that McCain has already won, they'll stay home right?

Thoughts?

Absolutely. Indeed, many other Republicans will also stay home.

McCain will get the votes of his activists and most of those who view "primary voting" as a civic duty.

It is up to Ron Paul supporters to ensure that all the visceral anti-McCain vote pulls the lever for Ron Paul.

Based on past history, turnout will drop by half. Maybe more.

J Free
02-07-2008, 03:31 PM

Thoughts?

Absolutely. Indeed, many other Republicans will also stay home.

McCain will get the votes of his activists and most of those who view "primary voting" as a civic duty.

It is up to Ron Paul supporters to ensure that all the visceral anti-McCain vote pulls the lever for Ron Paul.

Based on past history, turnout will drop by half. Maybe more. However, one thing is for certain. The ONLY way remaining for RP supporters to do that is one-on-one. For the media, the race is over and so no more coverage of anything Republican. NOW we can see how much of McCain's support is really solid and how much was media-created "frontrunner"/"bandwagon" stuff.

acptulsa
02-07-2008, 03:33 PM
Let us hope so. The media will have shot themselves in the foot. We get out. So does Huck's Army. This last is no bad thing, people. There aren't enough delegates yet up for grabs in the remaining primaries for Huck to cinch it without help.

Huck's people walked through tornadoes to vote for him on Super Tuesday. I really, really don't think they'll let the media stop them any more than we do. Meanwhile, there are few true conservatives willing to cross the street for McCain!

Slam McCain! Stop his march! On to a brokered convention!

DahuiHeeNalu
02-07-2008, 03:35 PM
Im voting May.6th for Ron Paul no matter what if i have to right it on the die bold machine!

NoPants
02-07-2008, 07:13 PM
Huck's people walked through tornadoes to vote for him on Super Tuesday.

They walked through them?