PDA

View Full Version : Clint Eastwood almost endorsed Ron Paul!!

Deborah K
02-07-2008, 03:07 PM
He's on Cavuto right now. Pleeeeeez someone utube thisssss....

Bruno
02-07-2008, 03:08 PM
That's awesome!! I kept waiting for Cavuto to ask him the question! It was like the entire conversation was baited for it!!

He added, "I'll probably jump help support somebody soon" :D

Lord Xar
02-07-2008, 03:09 PM
If he doesn't mention the name, its useless. IT DOES NOT matter if they talk around it. It doesn't.

Unless he says the name, nobody will know.

the_bee
02-07-2008, 03:09 PM
bump

Lord Xar
02-07-2008, 03:10 PM
Unless we can get someone from the campaign to GET clint on the phone and PERHAPS do a commercial with him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A clint commercial in texas - hmmm, might do wonders.

But that would mean the campaign has to do something unique and creative.

Ninja Homer
If he doesn't mention the name, its useless. IT DOES NOT matter if they talk around it. It doesn't.

He DID mention Ron Paul, but didn't endorse.

Mystile
He DID mention Ron Paul, but didn't endorse.

woot! Acknowledgment of our existence!

Deborah K
02-07-2008, 03:11 PM

They did say his name. I'll try and transcribe it.

enjerth
02-07-2008, 03:12 PM
This country was almost saved, by a candidate who almost won the nomination for president, who was almost endorsed by Clint Eastwood.

Don't almost endorse. Endorse.

<This is a public service announcement.>

ClayTrainor
02-07-2008, 03:14 PM
Cant wait to see this!

madRazor
02-07-2008, 03:15 PM
Cavuto was TRYING to get him to say something endorsing RP. I almost shat myself that after stuff like "you're a Libertarian....against the war....for smaller government" Cavuto actually said what we are all thinking!! Holy Toledo!!

Come on Mr. Eastwood!! It feels so good to get on board with the Revolution!!

LibertyBrews
02-07-2008, 03:17 PM
If he doesn't endorse, i don't care.

ord33
Clint said Ron Paul was a fiscal conservative after being prompted by Cavuto. Cavuto asked something along the lines of - you being a libertarian a lot of your views are in line with Ron Paul. Clint answered with Ron Paul being a fiscal conservative BUT also said that McCain was a fiscal conservative. I really like Clint Eastwood, but I've got a bad feeling he will endorse McCain. He said a lot of things positive toward McCain and nothing negative

ConstitutionGal
I think I was either the first or one of the first here on the forums to advocate going after a Clint Eastwood endorsement. Sadly, I think a lot of these celebrities wait around to be asked for endorsements by the OFFICIAL campaigns......

jonhowe
02-07-2008, 03:19 PM
Looks like I posted this too late.

Screw Clint, tough guy is too afraid to come out and say what he believes in.

And this guy seriously used to by my hero.

BohemiansforStPaul
02-07-2008, 03:20 PM
Here's looking at you kid

Andrew76
02-07-2008, 03:21 PM
Hell, can't we track down some Clint Eastwood contact info on our own? Even a p.o. box that his agent checks, we could fedex letters to? I know his film company is called Malpaso. Maybe get in touch with them? We must do this. All in a sane, respectful and loving way of course.

Joe3113
02-07-2008, 03:23 PM
I thought Eastwood was a globalist. ???

ClayTrainor
Man if clint eastwood does indeed agree with Dr. Paul on many levels, then he really needs to endorse.

I wish all celebrities with these kinds of views (drew carey, John Mayer, Eastwood) would realize how sheople may very well vote for someone because they are.

They really could give us a significant boost!

Deborah K
Cavuto: I was thinking, knowing a little bit about your libertarian roots where kinda like Ron Paul. You shouldn't tell people what to do in the privacy of their lives...

Eastwood: Right....

Cavuto: ....the government shouldn't be entangling itself in foreign affairs...as much as you've argued about Iraq, he would seem to be of your liking.

Eastwood: Yeah I think ...uh...uh...I've...I've .....always advocated just leaving everybody alone instead of trying to manipulate everyone elses life. I know it's easier said than done and the temptation is to get in there politically and involve yourself with every last minutia....but it's not going to be that way for the time being....the pedulum is going to have to go all the way. (motions his hand in a swing) Ron Paul is talking about fiscal responsibilty....but so is McCain....let's not spend more than we have.

__________________________________________________ ________________________

He looked really nervous to me, like he was trying to conceal his support for Ron Paul. People still have this fear of ridicule if they support him. This really needs to change. We need to figure out how to get them out of the closet.

FreedomProsperityPeace
02-07-2008, 03:25 PM

Agreed. Where are his balls? You are a worthless coward if you don't stand up for what you believe in when the time comes.

Deborah K
02-07-2008, 03:26 PM
Looks like I posted this too late.

And this guy seriously used to by my hero.

Be patient. I used to be a closet supporter too so I know how he feels. We have to coax them out. Be patient. Let's figure this out. We can do this.

Deborah K
02-07-2008, 03:28 PM
Agreed. Where are his balls? You are a worthless coward if you don't stand up for what you believe in when the time comes.

Take a chill pill. We can't out the closet supporters using your tactics. Do you want to win? Or do you just care about righteous indignation?

PC_for_Paul
02-07-2008, 03:30 PM
Take a chill pill. We can't out the closet supporters using your tactics. Do you want to win? Or do you just care about righteous indignation?

That's the problem with America today, Everyone I talk to likes Ron Paul, everyone is scared to get behind him.

Who's a punk now Clint?

Deborah K
02-07-2008, 03:30 PM
Hell, can't we track down some Clint Eastwood contact info on our own? Even a p.o. box that his agent checks, we could fedex letters to? I know his film company is called Malpaso. Maybe get in touch with them? We must do this. All in a sane, respectful and loving way of course.

I think we need to contact HQ first. ALL of us need to do it. See if they can make some headway. If they can't, then we'll cross that bridge....

RonPauledbyYoutube
02-07-2008, 03:31 PM
utube anyone?

Deborah K
02-07-2008, 03:32 PM
That's the problem with America today, Everyone I talk to likes Ron Paul, everyone is scared to get behind him.

Who's a punk now Clint?

Then I guess your job is to help them find the courage. Or....you can be an ass and wallow in your self righteousness and watch us lose our country.

Who's the real coward, I wonder....

Deborah K
02-07-2008, 03:33 PM
utube anyone?

I transcribed it in an earlier post.

Deborah K
02-07-2008, 03:34 PM
Ya know, I gotta say, I really think Cavuto is a closet supporter too. I woulda never thunk it.

Lord Xar
02-07-2008, 03:37 PM
What the FRIG are your deals?

If you wouldn't of mentioned Ron Paul, you'd be saying "he is an ass....blah blah blah.." YET, when he does mention him - YOU ALL SAY "HE ain't got no balls!!!' Phuk that. Right now, he did enough. NOW, its up to us in a VERY POSITIVE AND PRODUCTIVE way ask for his endorsement.

Better yet... Email/contact HQ to tell them to get on it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Drknows
02-07-2008, 03:47 PM
I predict this thread will end with "youtube or it didnt happen" and produce a new thread with the title" Clint Eastwood for VP?".

anewvoice
02-07-2008, 03:49 PM
This country was almost saved, by a candidate who almost won the nomination for president, who was almost endorsed by Clint Eastwood.

<This is a public service announcement.>

How good is almost? About as good as almost being able to walk. (commercial reference)

Deborah K
02-07-2008, 03:51 PM
How good is almost? About as good as almost being able to walk. (commercial reference)

Read the thread. He apparently needs a little coaxing.

Grandson of Liberty
02-07-2008, 03:52 PM
I predict this thread will end with "youtube or it didnt happen" and produce a new thread with the title" Clint Eastwood for VP?".

Haha.

I endorse this post. :D

Carole
02-07-2008, 03:55 PM
In the meantime while he blabs with Clint, there is no coverage of Dr. Paul's speech o any channel.

Go ahead Neil and Clint--make my day!!! :mad:

beachmaster
02-07-2008, 04:06 PM
I thought Eastwood was a globalist. ???

I'd heard that too, that he's in league with some CFR types or something. Can't youtube it however, so it didn't happen.

joelmatton
02-07-2008, 04:09 PM
It would be awesome if Clint Eastwood made an ad where he's standing in the wild west with his trademark accessories - a cigarillo in his mouth and a revolver hanging from his belt, and then saying something to the camera like "Ron Paul is the only candidate that wants this cigar, and this gun, to stay legal" :cool:

KevinR
02-07-2008, 04:12 PM
It would be awesome if Clint Eastwood made an ad where he's standing in the wild with his trademark accessories - a cigarillo in his mouth and a revolver hanging from his belt, and then saying something to the camera like "Ron Paul is the only candidate that wants this cigar, and this gun, to stay legal" :cool:

then he shoots mccain :D

joelmatton
02-07-2008, 04:12 PM

There is a famous saying in Swedish - nära skjuter ingen hare - it means "Close doesn't shoot the rabbit". The saying basically means that if you don't achieve your goal (shooting the rabbit), then it doesn't really matter how close you were.

enjerth
02-07-2008, 04:26 PM

Right, I forgot that part. LOL.

How good is almost endorsing? It's the same as not endorsing at all.

Dylbro
02-07-2008, 04:49 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVuie49Vjvo

Best I could find...

HippyChimp
02-07-2008, 04:55 PM
bump for youtubage...

HippyChimp
02-07-2008, 04:56 PM

Best I could find...
cool, thanks!

Dylbro
02-07-2008, 04:56 PM
bump for youtubage...

Look up I posted one....

Deborah K
02-07-2008, 04:58 PM
Right, I forgot that part. LOL.

How good is almost endorsing? It's the same as not endorsing at all.

Would it have made you whiners feel better if I had named the thread " Clint Eastwood talks about Ron Paul" ? Or would you just be nit picking about something else instead...

geeeeez :rolleyes:

Deborah K
02-07-2008, 05:01 PM

Best I could find...

Thank you Dybro.

newmedia4ron
02-07-2008, 05:04 PM
send a nice letter to clint eastwood
might as well try

http://www.fanmail.biz/2729.html (http://www.fanmail.biz/2729.html)

FreedomProsperityPeace
02-07-2008, 05:08 PM

No, I don't want to win. I just want to waste my time here. :rolleyes:

Clint was given the chance to come out for Ron Paul and he didn't do it. He waved him off and brought up McCain as a fiscal conservative. You're barking up the wrong tree. Clint isn't going to give the doctor an endorsement. He won't even give him positive comments when prodded to do so.

Maltheus
02-07-2008, 05:15 PM
So much for making my day, I guess.

enjerth
02-07-2008, 05:16 PM
Would it have made you whiners feel better if I had named the thread " Clint Eastwood talks about Ron Paul" ? Or would you just be nit picking about something else instead...

geeeeez :rolleyes:

Apparently you have never heard the commercials about giving? (Don't almost give. Give.)

I was writing a parody post, not whining. Come on, laugh with me.

Deborah K
02-07-2008, 05:17 PM
Apparently you have never heard the commercials about giving? (Don't almost give. Give.)

I was writing a parody post, not whining. Come on, laugh with me.

:D

newmedia4ron
02-07-2008, 05:17 PM
Would it have made you whiners feel better if I had named the thread " Clint Eastwood talks about Ron Paul" ?

YES
accurate thread names is appreciated

Deborah K
02-07-2008, 05:23 PM
No, I don't want to win. I just want to waste my time here. :rolleyes:

Clint was given the chance to come out for Ron Paul and he didn't do it. He waved him off and brought up McCain as a fiscal conservative. You're barking up the wrong tree. Clint isn't going to give the doctor an endorsement. He won't even give him positive comments when prodded to do so.

And just where did you buy your crystal ball? As I said, at this point in time, public figures seem to fear ridicule for supporting Ron Paul. Instead of writing them off, we should be helping them find their courage.

I think we should email HQ and ask them to suggest the Good Doctor have a conversation with him. There are others too, you know. As this race continues on, there will be many new developments. We need to take every opportunity to bring in more supporters. Not blow them off.

Whatever. You're entitled to see it whatever way you wish....

Deborah K
02-07-2008, 05:25 PM
YES
accurate thread names is appreciated

Perhaps you should find more important things to complain about. This just seems really petty.

Bruno
02-07-2008, 05:28 PM
In the meantime while he blabs with Clint, there is no coverage of Dr. Paul's speech o any channel.

Go ahead Neil and Clint--make my day!!! :mad:

It was a plant, then. At first, I hoped that he woud back him. Now, it appears they used the time that Ron Paul was supposed to be giving his speech to instead cover the Libertarian Clint Eastwood NOT endorsing Ron Paul.

newmedia4ron
02-07-2008, 05:30 PM
Perhaps you should find more important things to complain about. This just seems really petty.

sensationalism gets us distracted.
do you know how much time we wasted on howard stern discussion, when he never actually endorsed ron.
misleading shit.

Deborah K
02-07-2008, 05:45 PM
sensationalism gets us distracted.
do you know how much time we wasted on howard stern discussion, when he never actually endorsed ron.
misleading shit.

Distracted from what, pray tell? LOL!

sharedvoice
02-07-2008, 05:55 PM
Almost isn't good enough. Ron Paul should give him a buzz for a nod in my opinion. That would be significant. I'd prefer Eastwood over Chuck anyday. Another "Toughman" endorsement to get would be Charles Bronson! :p

attackkatt
02-07-2008, 06:01 PM
Cavuto was TRYING to get him to say something endorsing RP. I almost shat myself that after stuff like "you're a Libertarian....against the war....for smaller government" Cavuto actually said what we are all thinking!! Holy Toledo!!

Come on Mr. Eastwood!! It feels so good to get on board with the Revolution!!

Huck has been stealing those same quotes for over a week:eek:

jcarcinogen
02-07-2008, 06:03 PM
Is this like when "Sly Stallone" basically endorses RP then in the next debate McCain announces that Stallone endorsed him?

attackkatt
02-07-2008, 06:07 PM
Is this like when "Sly Stallone" basically endorses RP then in the next debate McCain announces that Stallone endorsed him?

Both Sly and John have taken allot of blows to the head and they can't remember.

BigFatRock
02-07-2008, 06:50 PM
Another "Toughman" endorsement to get would be Charles Bronson!

I'll add that to the "Reagan's corpse" endorsement list. Bronson's been dead a couple of years.

Would've been sweet, though.

lx43
02-07-2008, 07:29 PM
Why clint? why? lol Why don't you just endorse Paul? We know you really wanna.

fufurios
02-07-2008, 08:33 PM
I would love to hear that, and I'm prepared::D

http://a147.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/110/l_d64e6933634b5a4d1c7e4c8ee008517a.jpg

Philmanoman
02-07-2008, 09:02 PM
the Charles Bronson thing just absolutley killed me...classic lol.

Should we all send Clint fan mail saying something to the effect of...

"Go ahead punk,make Ron Pauls day."
or
"Unforgiven(if you dont vote Ron Paul)"

lastnymleft
02-07-2008, 11:25 PM
I seem to recall a thread like this about three months back. From memory, it fizzled after it was found out he was for the war. Or something like that.

My memory's not wholly reliable though. We did discuss it at great length though.

CrazyRonPaulSupporter
02-07-2008, 11:34 PM
http://a147.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/110/l_d64e6933634b5a4d1c7e4c8ee008517a.jpg

Lol! I love that picture!

Clint Eastwood will come around sooner or later...............