PDA

View Full Version : Should We Expect Huckabee to Drop Very Soon?

VoteForRonPaul
02-07-2008, 02:52 PM
Should We Expect Huckabee to Drop Very Soon?

wstrucke
02-07-2008, 02:53 PM
no

AlexMerced
02-07-2008, 02:54 PM
If he does... we're fucked, now that Romney is out he should be ableto sweep the rest of the state gauranteeing a brokered convention

Ex Post Facto
02-07-2008, 02:54 PM
I would think, yes. His money is down to nothing and he is pulling attention away from McCain votes. However, there is a strategy for him to not drop out as he can capture some additional delegates to put him in a spot for VP.

Jobarra
02-07-2008, 02:55 PM
Should We Expect Huckabee to Drop Very Soon?
That would be the stupidest mistake ever, paving the way for a Ron Paul clinch at the convention. Huck is in it for VP. He'll stay in to take votes from Dr. Paul.

VoteForRonPaul
02-07-2008, 02:56 PM
Listening to mccain speech, gives me a feeling that there is a deal. He was was talking very good about Huck. And I think Huck might think that it will be a waste of money if he continues.

JordanQ72
02-07-2008, 03:07 PM
Depends how the next few primaries go. Romney didn't drop out, just suspend activities. That means people might very well keep voting for him in future primaries. If it turns out that he's pulling 25+% without even running, Huck stays in to pull votes away. If he drops to <5% polling, Huck has no reason to be there anymore. It'll be a solid yes/no by this time next week, probably sooner, after the weekend voting.

seapilot
02-07-2008, 03:09 PM
Huckabee said he wanted to go all the way and commented that McCain might end up being his VP. From his stand point he thinks he might catch more votes than McCain now that Romney the default candidate is gone, as McCain is despised by many conservatives as a traitor to his partys principals. Also he knows he could split delegates with RP in some states thus leaving McCain with none. Then again he could drop out tommorow being broke and salivating for a VP spot.

Jobarra
02-07-2008, 03:12 PM
After thinking about it some more, I think Huck may just lock his son in a room with McCain and go play guitar for awhile. :p

rmholla
02-07-2008, 04:00 PM
If Huck does drop soon there will be no doubt that the GOP has had very long talks with him and Romney. Romney said he was suspending his campaign for the good of the party, I can't see him saying that without help.

-