PDA

View Full Version : LET's hear YOUR *crazy* ideas to get Ron Paul into the white house!

dvictr
02-07-2008, 02:51 PM
1) FUNDRAISING.... dec. 16th money bomb = ~$6m
We must not let this record stand... i can picture an "Independence day money bomb of +20m

2) Media Coverage... current blackout is unfortunately warranted... RP is polling around 6%
Do you think just because RP anounces an independent run.. the media will start to report on him??? no way...A radical change in direction must be implemented to get moderate voters and have a MSM story.... and the only way I see this happening is a BIG NAME Vice President.. possibly someone with different views but could unite the ticket..

3)Literature... How many slim jims have been printed in this country... 1m 5m??? thats not enough...
The Grassroots need materials to hand out... have the official campaign send these out for free.. or have a group that manufactures and sends them out for free... The summer time can be a great time to canvass.. its funny how seasons change a country's mood[/B]

colecrowe
02-07-2008, 02:52 PM
Here's one...

www.ronpaulwhitehouse.com (http://www.ronpaulwhitehouse.com/) <--pledge here.

Face it, the GOP has rejected us. There is no plausible path to the nomination after today, none. The next stage in our ideological struggle to save this country is to undertake an Independent run for the White House. I realize there are a lot of naysayers on this issue. Some people think it's insanely hard to do and that it cannot be done. I submit the following points to argue otherwise. If you agree, please help me spread word about the site and make sure to signup today. :D

Ballot Signatures:
We need to gather about 800,000 signatures nationwide to get on the ballots. We have a wonderful precinct captain system to help accomplish this, and I've read reports that to hire collectors to do the job would cost about 3 million dollars. It's absolutely ridiculous to suggest that we cannot collect these signatures.

Sore Loser Laws:
Only four states in the country present possible issues with Sore Loser laws: Texas, Ohio, South Dakota, and Mississippi. There may be legal grounds to dispute these laws. More information here (http://www.ballot-access.org/2007/01/12/sore-loser-laws-dont-generally-apply-to-presidential-candidates/) and here (http://www.ballot-access.org/2007/07/20/do-sore-loser-laws-apply-to-presidential-candidates/)

Votes:
Polling done by Rasmussen a week ago showed that Ron Paul would garner between 7-11% of the vote in four-way matchups that included Bloomberg, Paul, and the GOP/Dem nominees. More info here. (http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/election_20082/2008_presidential_election/will_michael_bloomberg_ron_paul_run_third_party_ca mpaigns_in_2008)

Debates:
Perot got in them before, no reason we cant pull it off as well. If the polling above is true, then the media might actually let us in. Double digit support is the key, and it looks like we might be able to manage that.

A New Era:
We've learned some important lessons and made some mistakes, but the campaign activities have improved at the official level, and the grassroots got their much needed wakeup call that our attention starved methods are not very effective. We still have powerful weapons at our disposal, namely the 24 hour news cycle, new media, high name recognition, record high voter dissatisfaction, etc... Most importantly, we have the winning message and the dedication to spread it. Educating people takes time, we shouldn't give up yet.

Deborah K
02-07-2008, 02:54 PM
Go after McCain's anger issues with a vengeance.
Expose his ties with the CFR - which is paving the way for the NAU
Get the VietNam Vets involved - they hate him

The best way to do all this is as individuals not RP supporters by going to the media venues with it.

Sauron
02-07-2008, 02:56 PM
Brokered convention. Itz coming.

colecrowe
02-07-2008, 02:58 PM
declare iNDY, then run a couple nationwide infomercials, stay positive because we have the most amazing candidate, capitalize on the military donations, run anti-war stuff, capitalize way more on the obstetrician delivered 4,000 babies, healthcare professional who never turned anyone away and knows how to fix healthcare,

then 25 million dollar money bomb on Independence Day

Be able to canvass in all the states--get 200,000 plus precinct captains, have 8 months to do it

the country can declare its independence from the horrible parties and their hated candidates, the Bush war, the Bush and McCain shamnesty, the tax and spend Dems, the lobbyists and special interests--BY VOTING FOR iNDEPENDENT candidate Ron Paul

--Canvassing is done for in half the states as of now, unless he goes iNDY. If he goes iNDY, on the other hand, we would have 8 months to canvass and get 200,000 plus precinct captains.

--my dad said he'd donate another 500 to Paul (IF he announces 3rd party) (he donated 200 on Dec. 16th--but that was when it seemed like he REALLY could maybe, possibly win the Nom. I would donate 500 the day he declares (even though it will hurt financially), whereas I can't afford to give anymore (I gave just over a 1,100 in Q4 to the cause--so shut up) for his Republican run; and gramps would probably wager another 1776.00

The 2nd and 3rd tier, broader-base of supporters aren't (many or most of them) going to donate MORE--if they already have once--because TO THEM it is obvious or at least nearly certain that he's not going to get the Nom from the Republican party (I'm not saying I believe that--but they DO). However, they would be very willing and enthusiastic about supporting him in an iNDEPENDENT run.

colecrowe
02-07-2008, 02:58 PM
Brokered convention. Itz coming.

lol

joelmatton
02-07-2008, 04:27 PM
Ron Paul takes a tour of the white house as a guest. He asks if he can see the oval office. He sits down at the desk, where he whips out his packet of super glue! He superglues the chair to the ground and his ass to the chair! BAM! GREAT SUCCESS!

TurtleBurger
02-07-2008, 04:56 PM
We have a HUGE moneybomb and buy up all the MSM outlets. Then we have the talking heads announce that everyone from both parties except Ron Paul has dropped out and a vote for anyone else is a wasted vote.

Elwar
02-08-2008, 10:09 AM
Ron Paul as the Libertarian Party candidate...

Ron Paul as the Constitution Party candidate....

Ron Paul as the Unity08 candidate....

Ron Paul as the Reform Party candidate...

Long shot...Ron Paul as the Republican Party candidate as well...