PDA

View Full Version : They just can't kill Socrates

BohemiansforStPaul
02-07-2008, 02:11 PM
So this semester at school I have been reading alot of Greek philosophy. For once the words retracing the wisdom of Socrates have impacted me heavily. Am I the only one who sees the similarity between our beloved Ron Paul and the great Greek, Socrates? The more I read the more I feel that if Socrates was alive he would endorse Dr. Paul. So basically I say this because the MSM of Athens refused to listen to the words of Socrates and instead of adhering his words of wisdom they killed him. They accused him of corrupting the youth of the day. Socrates saw himself as a patriot and refused to leave the nation, but spent his whole life to preserving the truths and adhering to the basic democratic ideals of pity, wisdom, and truth.
Sound familiar
Our Dr. Paul has only spoken truth, he has lived the life of a philosopher. Refusing to leave this country no matter how much we have strayed from the original foundation of this nation. He will spend his dying breath to the preservation of this once great nation.
I will be his Crito and be at his right hand side. These are trying times, but there is stil hope...
I really think that spring will come soon and with it will come a renewed vigor for the truth that Ron Paul stands for. Let us band together and stay by Ron Paul's side. We are the REvolution!!!!!!!!!!!
They will not take our Socrates. We have a chance to change the future for everyone. We will fight the war mongerers vying for personal gain, but will restore this nation to the glory our forefathers dreamed of.
I WILL NOT LET THEIR DREAM DIE
Let us not grow weary, but stay strong together
Peace to all and let us retake what is rightfully ours