PDA

View Full Version : Think about the delegates from AK, MT and ND =They will go to Paul

Apauled
02-07-2008, 01:51 PM
All you have to is look at where those delegates will go since Mitt dropped out. Not tomention Maine and Louisiana. Remember the primaries are only a popularity contest. You will see the conservative base come out of nowhere and support Paul I promise you that. What hannity and Rush going to say Huck is a conservative. The more this narrows there will only be one choice for the conservatives= Ron Paul

blakjak
02-07-2008, 01:58 PM
Mitt did not "drop out". He suspended his campaign which means he still keeps his delegates.

slantedview
02-07-2008, 01:59 PM
AND utah, AND nevada :D

he can only leave it suspended for so long.

Sarge
02-07-2008, 02:02 PM
He only keeps the delegates he has to date.

Mitt voters switching and voting for Dr. Paul in the rest of the election would be delegates for Dr. Paul and not Mitt.

SteveMartin
02-07-2008, 02:04 PM
WE will WIN Maine!!! I promise you that (absent major GOP shennanigans). The same is true of most the caucus states who have conventions later. Ours is May 3rd, and we know have the majority of the delegates!

azminuteman
02-07-2008, 02:04 PM
Mitt did not "drop out". He suspended his campaign which means he still keeps his delegates.

NO, he dropped out.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/02/07/romney-quits-race-shocks-supporters-at-cpac/

ConstitutionGal
02-07-2008, 02:08 PM
Mitt said in his speech that he was 'ending his campaign'. He never mentioned suspending it.

amonasro
02-07-2008, 02:12 PM
Edwards "suspended" also and he's definitely not coming back. Mitt is gone gone gone.

All political speculation aside, do you think Romney was just fed up with spending his own money, only to have the GOP anoint McCain right in front of his face? The man's a Mormon with family values, I think he probably said "enough is enough" for the sake of his wife and kids and decided to call it quits. That's not too hard to swallow is it?

hawks4ronpaul
02-07-2008, 02:12 PM
I believe Edwards initially announced a suspension too.

http://hawks4ronpaul.blogspot.com/

ItsTime
02-07-2008, 02:14 PM
wait if you drop out you lose the delegates?

slantedview
02-07-2008, 02:16 PM
Edwards "suspended" also and he's definitely not coming back. Mitt is gone gone gone.

All political speculation aside, do you think Romney was just fed up with spending his own money, only to have the GOP anoint McCain right in front of his face? The man's a Mormon with family values, I think he probably said "enough is enough" for the sake of his wife and kids and decided to call it quits. That's not too hard to swallow is it?
yes, i think that's why he called it quits. tough shit though. what happened to him is NOTHING compared to what dr. paul has had to put up with.

ItsTime
02-07-2008, 02:36 PM
someone please confirm what happens to Romneys delegates if he drops out. Thank you.

Peaceful dove
02-07-2008, 02:46 PM
NO, he dropped out.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...rters-at-cpac/

I went to this page on right side it says suspended.
I was more upset when I saw Hilary raised $ million and Obama 7.2 million we need money bomb quick........

seapilot
02-07-2008, 02:48 PM
someone please confirm what happens to Romneys delegates if he drops out. Thank you.

Si Senor. That is correct. They become Unbound delegates like wandering dogs with no home. They will have a choice of whoever remains, which is McCain:(, Huckabee:confused: or Ron Paul:D.

literatim
02-07-2008, 02:49 PM
Every caucus state but Montana only has state delegates elected. Almost all of the caucus states have unbound state delegates that can be swayed to vote for Ron Paul national delegates.

In Montana, the national delegates were elected and these are bound to Mitt Romney. If Romney drops out, these becomes unbound and can vote for anyone.

TurtleBurger
02-07-2008, 02:49 PM
Probably most of the delegates haven't been actually assigned yet, and won't be until state conventions. If Mitt's out of the race, no one will vote for him at the state convention and those delegates are lost to him anyway.

Apauled
02-07-2008, 02:55 PM
The battle now is to directly contact those delegates that can now swing their vote. We need to persuade them that paul is the true coservative. Especially for those that are of the "True base".

manny
02-07-2008, 03:23 PM
It's academic - every news agency says he has dropped out, his voters won't bother turning out for him etc. whether they call it suspending or ending.

The odds are against us but I think Texas is our best bet for a last stand. I know lots there are depserate to hurt McCain for his work with Kennedy for amnesty. Huckabee has an appalling record on illegal immigration.

Pease Texas members, it's time to go all out. Every gun rights group and anti-illegal group must be brought in and pushed into overdrive. We need to show conservatives - who are feeling lost, make no mistake - that RP is the way they can fight back. Fight!

Perry
02-07-2008, 03:35 PM
All you have to is look at where those delegates will go since Mitt dropped out. Not tomention Maine and Louisiana. Remember the primaries are only a popularity contest. You will see the conservative base come out of nowhere and support Paul I promise you that. What hannity and Rush going to say Huck is a conservative. The more this narrows there will only be one choice for the conservatives= Ron Paul

Imo the war issue takes precedent over all other things. Ron Paul is anti war and because of this other republicans will never support him.
They will support Hillary first.

sratiug
02-07-2008, 03:47 PM
Imo the war issue takes precedent over all other things. Ron Paul is anti war and because of this other republicans will never support him.
They will support Hillary first.

And yet he keeps winning his republican house seat in Texas.