PDA

View Full Version : Instead of attack ads...

Evazan
02-07-2008, 01:44 PM
I've been seeing a lot of advocates for running attack adds on not just McCain, but on all the candidates. While I would love to see all the dirt on these people get out I feel like this is course of action would be doing much more to help us feel good rather then helping our cause. We also have to realize that if McCain gets the nomination all the dirt will come out on him anyway.

I have a different proposal for where our resources could go instead of attack ads. Many people were turned onto our movement from the brilliant documentary From Freedom to Fascism. If there could be anyway to get this documentary onto network tv channels I think that would do more to wake up people in America then any attack ads could.

I will be the first to admit that I have no idea how this would be possible. I remember in the billionaire thread there was mention of him running a mini series on national tv about RP. Even if we could get this to run on PBS or something else like that I believe it would be a success.

I am not by any means giving up on Ron Paul but we also have to remember that that this is just as much about spreading the message as it is about getting Ron Paul elected. I don't think it is a good idea to waste resources that we could be using to get out our message on attack ads on our opponents.

RonRules
02-07-2008, 01:51 PM
I've been seeing a lot of advocates for running attack adds on not just McCain, but on all the candidates. While I would love to see all the dirt on these people get out I feel like this is course of action would be doing much more to help us feel good rather then helping our cause. We also have to realize that if McCain gets the nomination all the dirt will come out on him anyway.

I have a different proposal for where our resources could go instead of attack ads. Many people were turned onto our movement from the brilliant documentary From Freedom to Fascism. If there could be anyway to get this documentary onto network tv channels I think that would do more to wake up people in America then any attack ads could.

Even if we could get this to run on PBS or something else like that I believe it would be a success.

PBS is always pleading for money and they've covered Ron Paul the best. (Check Bill Moyer's interview).

That's a good idea. PBS may want to edit Freedom to Fascism, but if they keep 80% of it, I'd help support PBS for this particular airing.

PBS needs a younger audience.

Evazan
02-07-2008, 01:53 PM
I also remember from the last election that some weird channel was running attack documentaries on Kerry. As far as I know it wasn't a very popular channel but the MSM pundits talked about the fact that it was running so we could get a wider audience through the pundits discussing it. Anything we can do to open up debate is a huge victory.

colecrowe
02-07-2008, 01:55 PM
No need for this desperate attack crap. Stay positive and win by going iNDY (see my sig and pledge). The only reason people are talking about stupid stuff like attacks is because of this insane, impossible, irrational, blind-faith idea of a brokered convention

We have the most amazing candidate. If he runs some infomercials and we get 200,000 plus precinct captains (only possible if he goes iNDY--because that will give us 25 states back and 8 more months)

Evazan
02-07-2008, 02:00 PM
Getting more people to "wake up" as we have by watching this documentary will aid in either an Indy run or the brokered convention.

parocks
02-07-2008, 02:17 PM
If McCain isn't stopped, and soon, we'll lose. I'd prefer that no dirt on McCain gets out, but in order for us to win, we're going to have to do something like negative ads. But, a lot of this "negative ads" buzz was created when Romney was in.
The likelihood of a brokered convention now is even more slim. Romney is not going to beat McCain in any state, so driving down McCain's numbers in a state that Romney was stronger than Huckabee is less likely to be effective. In truth, the negative ads strategy was combined with a situational voting strategy, where our entire goal, pretty much, was to keep McCain from getting the 1191.

Right now, I think we need to throw a hail mary. We are going to have to pick up
a lot of votes. We have to win states, and 30% won't win any state in a 3 way race.

The message of From Freedom to Fascism is what brought a lot of people in, intitially. Next debate, if there is another debate, fire away.

Abolish the Federal Reserve. Let's print our own money, let's not have a banking cartel do it. That kind of stuff. Enough with the "inflation", more with the "greedy bankers". Talking about inflation doesn't make people say "Holy Shit I can't believe he's saying that" You know, quote Rothschild "as long as I control the money supply I don't care who makes the laws" Something like "the New world order is being brought to you by the bankers, and we don't want it" Maybe call McCain and/or Huckabee a Communist.

Maybe I'm missing something, but McCain is very close to wrapping it up, and with Romney out, he's even closer. At some point, we're gonna have to get more than 10% in a primary state. I don't think the "secret plan" was to not win any state.

I will be the first to admit that I have no idea how this would be possible. I remember in the billionaire thread there was mention of him running a mini series on national tv about RP. Even if we could get this to run on PBS or something else like that I believe it would be a success.

I am not by any means giving up on Ron Paul but we also have to remember that that this is just as much about spreading the message as it is about getting Ron Paul elected. I don't think it is a good idea to waste resources that we could be using to get out our message on attack ads on our opponents.

Evazan
02-07-2008, 07:45 PM
Shameless bump.

I posted this when all the Romney discussion was going on. I figure I'll give it one last chance to gain traction. If it doesn't I'll let it die.