PDA

View Full Version : All Nevada delegates are free to change

robertwerden
02-07-2008, 01:30 PM
28 delegates total
Paul already has 4
Romney out so his 18 delegates are ripe for the picking

The delegate list from the Nevada GOP will be a public record and the names of the delegates will be published soon

Tdcci
02-07-2008, 01:37 PM
Didn't he say 'suspend', so he gets to keep his delegates?

Elle
02-07-2008, 01:43 PM
We need to contact all Romney supporters in states that have not yet voted.

hotbrownsauce
02-07-2008, 08:11 PM
Suspended is the same thing that John edwards did... they can continue to receive federal funds. And or most likely it is to see who they want to throw their support behind and maybe ask for vice president or a special job. Etc etc...
So yes, if Mitt "suspended" his campaign he still gets delegates.

GoDrNo
02-07-2008, 10:02 PM
CNN and others are reporting that the GOP rules for suspending a campaign are different than the Dem rules. In the GOP once a candidate suspends his campaign the state GOP party decides how to deal with the delegates that were his.

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/02/07/romney.campaign/index.html

Info on suspending campaigns is at the very bottom of the article.

hotbrownsauce
02-08-2008, 12:47 PM
CNN and others are reporting that the GOP rules for suspending a campaign are different than the Dem rules. In the GOP once a candidate suspends his campaign the state GOP party decides how to deal with the delegates that were his.

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/02/07/romney.campaign/index.html

Info on suspending campaigns is at the very bottom of the article.

thank you for that info

GoDrNo
02-08-2008, 03:28 PM
NP...the easiest way in MI to find out what was happening was to check the state GOP website, there was a statement from the state GOP Chairman stating what had happened and the delegate situation. MI seemed very upfront with the info, but some of the other states GOP sites I checked were pretty bad overall, and had no pertanant info. State GOP website are usually the 2 letter abreviation for your state followed by GOP.org.....for example Michigan was MIGOP.org

morerocklesstalk
02-08-2008, 07:27 PM
The Clark County, NV GOP convention is March 8th, here in Vegas. I am going but I'm wondering what will happen if some of the other delegates elected in my precinct don't show up. Do I get control of their votes or are they cast away?