PDA

View Full Version : Canadian pot dealer campaigning for RP

Bradley in DC
08-09-2007, 10:51 AM
http://seattleweekly.com/2007-08-08/news/why-is-this-canadian-pot-dealer-campaigning-for-ron-paul.php

DjLoTi
08-09-2007, 10:52 AM
Marc Emery of Cannabis Culture magazine.. I think he could be a big boost to the movement.

kickzman
08-09-2007, 11:06 AM
Its funny how pot is outlawed yet drugs like Avandia, Viox, etc. That are actually causing deaths and diseases go untested and even constantly advertised until enuff ppl die...Mmmm nothing like good ol' double standards in the morning.:)

Perry
08-09-2007, 01:02 PM
Canadian pot dealer campaigning for RP

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/gfx_RedWhiteBlue/icons/icon13.gif

trispear
08-09-2007, 01:11 PM
I don't know if mentioning foreigners are for RP is a good thing. Some people have an aversion to that regardless of anything else.

BenIsForRon
08-09-2007, 01:12 PM
Pot grows from the ground, God created it, did God make a mistake? I think anyone who has smoked it can tell you, He did not make a mistake.

Buzz
08-09-2007, 01:13 PM
I don't know if mentioning foreigners are for RP is a good thing. Some people have an aversion to that regardless of anything else.

Indeed. A lot of Americans have the train of thought that goes "If any foreigners tell me what I should do, I'm going to do the exact opposite just to spite them and show them that they can't tell me what to do."

LibertyOrDie
08-09-2007, 01:16 PM
Marc has been a supporter of RP for awhile... He is also a member of the forums...

mdh
08-09-2007, 01:19 PM
Marc Emery has in fact posted here several times. :)
He comes across as a bright, intelligent, and well-spoken gentleman. I'm more than happy to have him among our ranks. The fact that he is in Canada does make him far less effective as a campaigner for Dr. Paul, but still, he's a good guy with a lot of influence in that community. :)

hard@work
08-09-2007, 01:36 PM
This is bullpucky! Bullpucky I say! The ONLY drugs that should be illegal are the legions of ANTIDEPRESSANTS we perscribe to you! And beer. And coffee. Smokes too. Gotta have them camels.

mdh
08-09-2007, 01:38 PM
Turkish gold ftw.

DjLoTi
08-09-2007, 01:44 PM
lol turkish gold.

Dude... I've only recently really learned the true depth of Marc Emery's situation, but it's astounding. Like I said.. I think he could be a very positive voice for the RP movement, and he certainly already has. Just go to www.cannabisculture.com to see the bicycle marathon he's sponsoring.

Remember, the drug war is the reason I know about Ron Paul. I learned about him at www.cannabisnews.com. This is probably the biggest movement in the country, with 13 states legalizing medical marijuana. In the right circles, this could be a huge, huge influencing factor.

jj111
08-09-2007, 01:45 PM
lol turkish gold.

Dude... I've only recently really learned the true depth of Marc Emery's situation, but it's astounding. Like I said.. I think he could be a very positive voice for the RP movement, and he certainly already has. Just go to www.cannabisculture.com to see the bicycle marathon he's sponsoring.

Remember, the drug war is the reason I know about Ron Paul. I learned about him at www.cannabisnews.com. This is probably the biggest movement in the country, with 13 states legalizing medical marijuana. In the right circles, this could be a huge, huge influencing factor.

Water pipes are legal in a lot of states. I think that would be a great place to drop off a boatload of Ron Paul flyers.

VoteWriteIn
08-09-2007, 01:48 PM
fyi, ron paul is still listed on the NORML website as a "friendly candidate" - this page is pretty old, but: http://norml.org/index.cfm?Group_ID=6959

LibertyOrDie
08-09-2007, 01:59 PM
I've contacted leap.cc (http://www.leap.cc), which is "Law Enforcement Against Prohibition" - looking for possibly an endorsement, but multiple reps responded to me that they are informing their members of the drug positions of Ron Paul, Dennis Kucinich and Mike Gravel...

JosephTheLibertarian
08-09-2007, 02:08 PM
Tell them that the latter two has no chance.

Wyurm
08-09-2007, 02:17 PM
fyi, ron paul is still listed on the NORML website as a "friendly candidate" - this page is pretty old, but: http://norml.org/index.cfm?Group_ID=6959

lol, I actually sent an e-mail to NORML to let them know about Ron Paul. Guess I should have figured they knew about him. They sent me an e-mail back saying that they've supported him for quite a long time :)

surf
08-09-2007, 02:23 PM
Water pipes are legal in a lot of states. I think that would be a great place to drop off a boatload of Ron Paul flyers.

i dropped a pile of slim-jims (unfortunately the more-republican version) off at one on the way home from a meetup - a place called Psychedalia

Chase
08-09-2007, 02:26 PM
God, I just read that article. It's the first I'd heard of Emery's troubles. The concept of prison for psychoactives is just insane... I hope that if Emery doesn't succeed in battling extradition in the Canadian courts that he RUNS LIKE HELL.

constituent
08-09-2007, 02:50 PM
there's a ron paul NORML interview on youtube.

dseisner
08-09-2007, 04:11 PM
As many of you know, I work in a medical marijuana dispensary. I feel very strongly about this Mark Emery issue. Mark, if you're able to read this, know that I have the upmost respect for you.

The Prince of Pot might see 35 years in jail for dispensing seeds to Americans! This is an outrage. We need to help revolutionaries like Mark Emery and Don Duncan because when they govt. wins against these guys, the govt. wins the fight against the movement.

Marijuana legalization is one of the gateways to freedom. People need to understand that. Marijuana is the number one cash crop in all 50 states (I've heard but cannot confirm). Marijuana has been PROVEN to help many people treat ailments they cannot treat with western medicine. It has never killed a single person due to an overdose (more than we can say for alcohol). And constitutionally, people should be responsible for their own intake and the govt. cannot tell you what you can and cannot put in your body. And Forget mj, we need hemp! Hemp can be used safely and cost effectively for fuel and clothes and has wonderful health properties. When we win the "war on drugs" (meaning, ending it), we open a gateway to our freedom. Fight for this cause and fight for the Prince of Pot, please.