PDA

View Full Version : Brokered Convention Chances

purepaloma
02-07-2008, 01:10 PM
How does it look now ?

gaazn
02-07-2008, 01:11 PM
very bad. mccain/huckabee almost has the majority of delegates needed.

Karsten
02-07-2008, 01:11 PM
Bad. By definition you need a split vote between several candidates for a brokered convention. A lot of people on this forum don't seem to even understand what the term means.

mahopaul
02-07-2008, 01:12 PM
For the democrats, maybe. The Republicrats - 0%.

Maltheus
02-07-2008, 01:17 PM
Yeah, it's 3rd party or nothing, at this point. If I were Ron Paul, I'd probably wait to see how the democrat nom goes. If it's Hillary, then I think we have a real shot. If it's Obama, then it's probably not worth giving up his congressional chair for the run.

hueylong
02-07-2008, 01:19 PM
RP needs to slow play until after his Congressional Primary (March 4th) -- and then -- full speed Indy!

Bradley in DC
02-07-2008, 01:19 PM
For the democrats, maybe. The Republicrats - 0%.

The Ds have a two man race (yeah, I know, it's an expression, get over it).

pahs1994
02-07-2008, 01:21 PM
Yeah, it's 3rd party or nothing, at this point. If I were Ron Paul, I'd probably wait to see how the democrat nom goes. If it's Hillary, then I think we have a real shot. If it's Obama, then it's probably not worth giving up his congressional chair for the run.

i agree, i think if its Clinton vs. McCain then he has atleast a real shot at 3rd party. if its Obama then i think its time we focus more on getting Liberty candidates into congress.

KewlRonduderules
02-07-2008, 01:22 PM
On another thread Bradley said that an alliance with Huckabee could help us? How so?

smtwngrl
02-07-2008, 01:30 PM
On another thread Bradley said that an alliance with Huckabee could help us? How so?

Make a pact with the devil? I don't think so.

KewlRonduderules
02-07-2008, 01:37 PM
Make a pact with the devil? I don't think so.

No I mean in terms of delegates and the convention.

No1ButPaul08
02-07-2008, 01:39 PM
No I mean in terms of delegates and the convention.

Bradley is refering to this.
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=114659

The idea is that John McCain must be stopped first. We can do this while voting for huckabee AND trying to secure backroom delegates for Ron Paul.

colecrowe
02-07-2008, 01:42 PM
please see my sig...and pledge

Crickett
02-07-2008, 02:00 PM

Well, that is the only thing that would make me not vote for Ron.
http://judicialwatch.org/judicial-watch-announces-list-washington-s-ten-most-wanted-corrupt-politicians-2007

JulioForPaul
02-07-2008, 02:27 PM
Bad. By definition you need a split vote between several candidates for a brokered convention. A lot of people on this forum don't seem to even understand what the term means.

There seems to be a few people like yourself who don't understand that Romney split the anti-McCain vote with Huckabee, allowing McCain to win several states. Romney dropping out will give the united anti-McCain vote a stronger chance in winning the remaining 20 states, therefore sending the GOP into a brokered convention.

This only helps Ron Paul.

grizzums
02-07-2008, 02:43 PM
i agree, i think if its Clinton vs. McCain then he has atleast a real shot at 3rd party. if its Obama then i think its time we focus more on getting Liberty candidates into congress.

I disagree. The GOP strategy now seems to be that a Hillary/McCain match-up will be enough to motivate Republicans to "protest" vote for McCain just to keep Hillary out of office. I, of course, think thats an idiotic strategy that won't work because many of the GOP base will simply stay home and be unmotivated to participate at all....thus handing the Presidency to Hillary on a platter (Id rather see Hillary win just to stick it to the GOP anyway in this case, but thats a mute point). I think a McCain/ Obama match-up bodes well for a Indy run...BUT, all that should be immaterial at this point because the focus should be on a strategy to team with Huck to stop McDisaster. There is still time for Indy run talk after some more fog clears as far as delegates in this next round of states.

I am interested in more dialogue in this other thread to come up with a sound strategy to stop McCain in his tracks.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=114659

I am in Washington State and am a rookie to all this, so I am counting on some of the more experienced in my state to come up with our plan. I am going to nominate myself for a delegate position in my precinct and lobby for the votes...thats about all I know.