PDA

View Full Version : The Republican Party just shot itself in the foot...

electronicmaji
02-07-2008, 12:52 PM
They have done possibly the stupidest thing they could have done, they have made their WEAKEST posistion their MAIN and ONLY posistion. This does not bode well for november :D

I say 30% or less in November....

Jobarra
02-07-2008, 01:02 PM
They have done possibly the stupidest thing they could have done, they have made their WEAKEST posistion their MAIN and ONLY posistion. This does not bode well for november :D

And trust me, this will be spun as happening because:

A) Paul was espousing his anti-war views and this was 'outside the party' and thus caused confusion and damage to the party. Conservative views will be shunned even more for 'causing' a loss.

B) Because the GOP didn't come together, they lost. It will be reinforced continuously that they lost because of lack of unity and therefore the next candidate must be supported fully or you aren't really a conservative. If there is a popular conservative third party candidate, that person will accept the lion's share of blame.

pacelli
02-07-2008, 01:03 PM

They are doing what we have been saying all along--- creating a strawman in McCain to guarantee a Clinton victory.

Mystile
02-07-2008, 01:04 PM

That would be a truly epic failure. Would also cause the asses to rethink the direction the party is headed.

jake
Paul can win as an independent

there is a lot of McCain+Hillary hate. if Obama wins the Democratic primary he will win.

Dequeant
Hmm, what's the only way 2 democrats could both run for president in the general election?

McCain vs. Hillary

wfd40
02-07-2008, 01:08 PM

let me see if I get this right... McCain will offer Americans more war, more recession (via trillion dollars a year on war), more death, more fear mongering, more 'terrorists' and way less FREEDOM vs. Obama/Clinton who will offer us peace, spending money here instead of there, less death, "hope for a better tomorrow" and no more mindless fear of terrorism (well obama will on that last one, but close enough).

lolz

Good call GOP.. that should go over real well with the general public. I too give McCain 30% or less.

RonPaulVolunteer
02-07-2008, 01:09 PM
Another 8 years of Clinton. Yay! I'm moving...

pennycat
02-07-2008, 01:11 PM
Seize The Moment My Fellow RP Patriots!!

When you go to your next county Republican monthly meeting, be prepared to act. When it is time for what is called 'New Business' stand up and introduce a non-binding resolution stating that 'We Will Not Support McCain For President.'

Do not connect this with a push for RP. This is simply an attempt to fan the flames of party disunity. Conservative radio and conservative Republicans have stated they will not support McCain. We should be in the forefront of this movement. I might even go so far as to say, 'The enemy of my enemy is my friend.'

Wording of this resolution can be formulated to fit your local situation. But I will share from an unnamed source that if Florida is any indication, the chairman of the county Republican parties are NOT supportive of McCain. Provide them cover to launch a 'stop McCain' effort.

DahuiHeeNalu
02-07-2008, 01:12 PM
McCain vs. Hillary wow this is going to be a worthless year im still writing in RON PAUL baby!!!

Minuteman2008
02-07-2008, 01:13 PM
Yeah, you are right on the money. The GOP has NOTHING to run on now in the general election. Like you said, they take the one issue that Americans in general have turned against them on, and make it their sole platform.

They can no longer lay claim to fiscal conservatism, secure borders, no amnesty, low taxes, freedom of speech, and smaller government.

With McCain as the leader, the GOP stands for NOTHING BUT ENDLESS WAR AND BANKRUPTCY!

I hope enough conservatives come to their senses and not only fail to vote for McCain but actually vote for the opposition, because it is time to burn it down and rebuild from the ashes as a party with integrity who stand for something.

seapilot
02-07-2008, 01:16 PM
Paul can win as an independent

there is a lot of McCain+Hillary hate. if Obama wins the Democratic primary he will win.

Obama will not win the Democrat nomination, the CLintons own the SUPER DELEGATES that pick the winner. Obama's supporters will see the corruption first hand like we already know exists within the GOP.

JS4Pat
02-07-2008, 01:18 PM
Obama will not win the Democrat nomination, the CLintons own the SUPER DELEGATES that pick the winner. Obama's supporters will see the corruption first hand like we already know exists within the GOP.
Then an Independent Run is the ONLY way to go...

jake
02-07-2008, 01:18 PM
Seize The Moment My Fellow RP Patriots!!

When you go to your next county Republican monthly meeting, be prepared to act. When it is time for what is called 'New Business' stand up and introduce a non-binding resolution stating that 'We Will Not Support McCain For President.'

Do not connect this with a push for RP. This is simply an attempt to fan the flames of party disunity. Conservative radio and conservative Republicans have stated they will not support McCain. We should be in the forefront of this movement. I might even go so far as to say, 'The enemy of my enemy is my friend.'

Wording of this resolution can be formulated to fit your local situation. But I will share from an unnamed source that if Florida is any indication, the chairman of the county Republican parties are NOT supportive of McCain. Provide them cover to launch a 'stop McCain' effort.

this is a great idea!

LEK
02-07-2008, 01:19 PM
They are doing what we have been saying all along--- creating a strawman in McCain to guarantee a Clinton victory.

+1
But that doesn't mean we gotta lie down for it.

AlabamaWildMan
02-07-2008, 01:19 PM
We all knew they couldn't aim very well !

I mean, after all, look what they tried to do with George Bush ??

justatrey
02-07-2008, 01:24 PM
If it comes down to McCain vs. Obama or Hillary, I'm voting Obama or Hillary in the hopes that they will bomb slighly fewer innocent countries when compared to McCain.

cska80
02-07-2008, 01:25 PM
It's funny that some of you still think the republican party is trying to win.

tom4ronpaul08
02-07-2008, 01:30 PM
its been the goal the whole time ..... get Hillary in ... more bush clinton bush clinton then jeb, then chelsey, then jenna .... is sic

Jobarra
02-07-2008, 01:38 PM
Considering that Obama has pulled in $7.2M since Super Tuesday while Hillary has LOANED herself $5M, I think you may start seeing more Obama wins over Hillary. Do the Dems hand out twice the superdelegates of the Republicans or something?

dannno
02-07-2008, 01:41 PM
If it comes down to McCain vs. Obama or Hillary, I'm voting Obama or Hillary in the hopes that they will bomb slighly fewer innocent countries when compared to McCain.

Don't hold your breath.

humanic
02-07-2008, 01:45 PM

Really? After all this, you're going to vote for the lesser of the two media-chosen evils?

Neither of these candidates will refrain from bombing innocent people.

Blowback
02-07-2008, 01:46 PM

lol that's a 50/50 bet right there buddy

jkm1864
02-07-2008, 01:51 PM
You actually believe they shot themselves in the foot. Oh my God with all the mounting evidence You still don't see a conspiracy. Are You so afraid of being called a "Conspiracy Theorist" that You can't put 2 + 2 together and make 4? I can not believe this with all the talk about war in Iraq if for oil and You still don't see it. The war is not about oil its about driving the prices up 30 - 40% so the rich people can make a tun of money. We don't count our votes are nothing the only thing we can do is show the people that we don't run this country.

hopeforamerica
02-07-2008, 01:52 PM
Worst case scenario, I'm voting Libertarian!!! and that's only because in my state you are not allowed to do a write in during the general election. No way am I voting between the lesser of two evils. Either way you get evil. Haven't we had enough of that?