PDA

View Full Version : Welcome Mitt Romney supporters!

TER
02-07-2008, 12:50 PM
We know you want a better America. So do we! The Ron Paul supporters welcome you!

jrich4rpaul
02-07-2008, 01:58 PM
Ron Paul, the ONLY conservative left in the race

J Free
02-07-2008, 02:04 PM
I am a Ron Paul supporter who won election as a delegate in a Romney-voting precinct.

I meant it when I praised Romney's executive experience. It is sorely needed in Washington.

I meant it when I bashed those bigots who would smear him for his religious beliefs and faith.

I echoed his concern about DC insiders betraying the people and betraying core Republican principles in order to play "let's make a deal" with Dems. Those aren't the people who will fix Washington and they are not the people who will change anything.

I ask you to consider Ron Paul and to consider coalescing around him. Yes, you may disagree with him on particular issues. That is OK. Coalescing around Ron Paul at this time does not close off debate. A vote for Ron Paul is a vote to keep discussion of core Republican principles in the public sphere. Even after the election. Far different from the mass media's attempt to make this election about who can sell soap or who journalist's favorite candidate is.

A vote for Ron Paul is a vote to nominate a Republican who will stand up to a Dem congress. He did not earn his nickname of Dr No by playing "let's make a deal" with Dem attempts to undermine our Constitution. That makes him a powerful general election candidate - with appeal to those voters who are "ticket-splitters". McCain will only appeal to the particularly stupid ticket-splitters (who believe that a Rep President is needed who can help the Dems in Congress achieve their goals and sell Reps on Dem principles).

Ron Paul's stance on immigration is based on the most solid foundation. He believes that a nation without border is not a nation at all. That our very sovereignty requires that we secure our borders. Far different from John McCain's open contempt for anyone who would oppose his amnesty and open-borders. On this issue, McCain is, quite simply, lying through his teeth about securing the borders. And on this issue, the majority of Republicans and independents (and even Democrats) agree with Ron Paul. A second issue where Ron Paul is the only Republican left who can appeal to voters.

I applaud you Romney supporters for not going along with the mass media's anointing of John McCain. I ask that you go one step further. Don't go along with the mass media's smearing of Ron Paul. Just as you did not go along with the mass media's smearing of Mitt Romney. Make up your own mind. And I hope you will vote for Ron Paul.

tarabyte
02-07-2008, 02:19 PM
Mitt Romney was my 2nd choice.

Romney fans, please make Ron Paul your 2nd choice.

Also if you are Mormon please take some time to watch this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cESC0RaVnM

If you want an even more in-depth video about the Mormon position on politics:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5flCgGJojIQ

michelleandjamonti
02-07-2008, 02:20 PM
Those Mormon individuals that have not voted can still be networked to vote for Ron Paul. At my job about 85% of the people that I worked with were going to vote for Romney strictly on the basis that he was Mormon like them. Now that he is out:D can everybody please contact their Mormon friends and relatives!!! We can still do it!!!!

tarabyte
02-07-2008, 02:22 PM
Those Mormon individuals that have not voted can still be networked to vote for Ron Paul. At my job about 85% of the people that I worked with were going to vote for Romney strictly on the basis that he was Mormon like them. Now that he is out:D can everybody please contact their Mormon friends and relatives!!! We can still do it!!!!

Be sure to use those videos I posted in the thread above to help with this effort. They are really good. Well, good if you're Mormon and care about what the Mormon official doctrines on politics anyway.

pickdog
02-07-2008, 02:27 PM
welcome Mit supporters. We welcome you with open arms.

BadFox
02-07-2008, 03:27 PM
I actually started out supporting Romney and not having a clue who Ron Paul was.
I saw some strong Ron Paul support from a few people and thought what is this crap who the hell is Ron Paul?? I guess I'll go look him up.

That was about 3 months ago, and since then, I haven't looked back.
The more research I do on Ron Paul, the stronger my support for him and his platform grows.

Here's is a video about the REAL issues:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=OS2fI2p9iVs

Here's an analysis of each candidates' proposed gov't spending:
http://www.ntu.org/main/page.php?PageID=141

Hope you turn out like I did!

Sauron
02-07-2008, 03:29 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome. As a Mitt Romney supporter, I must say that Ron Paul supporters have always been very friendly to me. I'll be glad to join the ranks once Ron Paul joins the LDS.

tarabyte
02-07-2008, 03:32 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome. As a Mitt Romney supporter, I must say that Ron Paul supporters have always been very friendly to me. I'll be glad to join the ranks once Ron Paul joins the LDS.

Hi Sauron,

Do take a look at these videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cESC0RaVnM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5flCgGJojIQ

1776Patriot
02-07-2008, 06:30 PM

Wait.. So you won't support Ron Paul because he isn't LDS? Even though he supports the Constitution which according to Hinckley is a divinely inspired document, you won't support Paul because he isn't LDS though? Seriously? All my mormon family and friends are supporting Paul now.

goldstandard
02-07-2008, 06:33 PM
Welcome.

rmholla
02-07-2008, 06:50 PM
As an atheist, I was always miffed about how Romney was shunned by so many just because of his religious beliefs. The last few Christians in office haven't done such a great job so I fail to see why they ganged up on Mitt.

The one thing I do like about Mormons is that they take the Constitution seriously. I hope they all feel welcome here.

-

QCB79
02-07-2008, 06:51 PM
Welcome, the more the merrier

curtis119
02-07-2008, 09:12 PM

What difference does it make what Religion he is? This is 2008 not 1008.

hrdman2luv
02-07-2008, 09:30 PM
What difference does it make what Religion he is? This is 2008 not 1008.

I believe Ron Paul when he said that "the attacks on Mitt Romney's faith should not be occuring. And that the constitution grants everyone the freedom of religion".

The constitution grants a lot of freedoms. And politicians like John McCain who vote for things like the patriot act, are doing their best to abolish our freedoms.

Welcome Mitt Romney supporters.

bucfish
02-07-2008, 09:33 PM
Yes I welcome ALL people regardless of faith and hope that we can all agree on the common cause of Freedom and restoring OUR Constitution!!!

RickyJ
02-07-2008, 09:44 PM

Ron Paul is probably not going to join the LDS but that doesn't mean you can't support him. Romney may be LDS but his views about the war and taxes don't really go with their teachings.

Chosen
02-07-2008, 09:52 PM
I am amazed at the level of organization and enthusiasm on this site!

I am supporting Ron Paul because I consider illegal-immigration to be a quintessential Rule of Law tipping point for our civilization. My belief is that once the rule of law is openly violated it opens a Pandoras Box of decline and that no civilization has ever survived. We now have cosmopolitan and rule by law collectivism. I think Ron Paul is the only one who is intelligent enough to get this and I respect him for it.

Secondly, after looking into Ron Paul I also connect with him on the 1rst and 2nd amendments which are personally very important. So I am really glad to be here and begin spreading the Ron Paul message. Too bad he has been buried in myth for so long in the main stream media...

NEPA_Revolution
02-07-2008, 09:59 PM
Welcome to the rEVOLution. I am glad you chose to support Ron Paul and please go out and canvass and tell your friends that support Romney to join us too!!!!

SweetMona
02-07-2008, 10:26 PM
Welcome Mitt Romney supporters. Please do feel free to express your views here and I hope you find this forum warm and inviting. What's the beauty about this is that we all have diverse backgrounds who have a great passion for freedom and peace.

Again, welcome aboard, ;)
Michelle

CountryboyRonPaul
02-07-2008, 10:38 PM
I am supporting Ron Paul because I consider illegal-immigration to be a quintessential Rule of Law tipping point for our civilization.

I think it's very symbolic of the inefficiancy, ineptness, and total disconnect of our elected officials....

If Republicans like Bush and McCain won't even consider securing our borders, and enforcing immigration laws, then they cannot truly have our security, or sovereignty in mind.

mathamagician
02-07-2008, 10:38 PM
Can we get a sticky on this thread?

spacehabitats
02-08-2008, 12:27 AM
I am a Mormon who has been supporting Ron Paul for a couple of months now. I started out very excited that Mitt was in the race and still think he would have been the best president that we have had in 50 years. I have a Mitt Romney T-shirt and campaign button that I didn't have a chance to wear because when I found out about Ron Paul I was simply blown away. This man is a fantastic defender of the constitution and set my standards for a presidential candidate at an entirely unprecedented level.

A word of caution, there are quite a few members of this forum who have a real blind spot when it comes to the virtues of other candidates. They tend to lump them all together and have been totally oblivious to the fact that the mainstream media was also very prejudicial against Mitt. That's OK, they will learn that some of the best supporters will turn out to be ex-Romneyites and/or LDS.

therealjjj77
02-08-2008, 12:43 AM
I am amazed at the level of organization and enthusiasm on this site!

I am supporting Ron Paul because I consider illegal-immigration to be a quintessential Rule of Law tipping point for our civilization. My belief is that once the rule of law is openly violated it opens a Pandoras Box of decline and that no civilization has ever survived. We now have cosmopolitan and rule by law collectivism. I think Ron Paul is the only one who is intelligent enough to get this and I respect him for it.

Secondly, after looking into Ron Paul I also connect with him on the 1rst and 2nd amendments which are personally very important. So I am really glad to be here and begin spreading the Ron Paul message. Too bad he has been buried in myth for so long in the main stream media...

Glad to see you here! I've seen you over at ALIPAC. We need more like you on board! If you would like to help please go to www.ronpaul2008.com and become a precinct leader. It's a very organized and simple method to spread the message of the 'Rule of Law' as you put it. We are growing this movement each and every day and it won't be long before we triumph over the mainstream media.

Thank you and welcome aboard!

Gadsden Flag
02-08-2008, 12:57 AM
I certainly agree about the unfortunate bashing of other candidates which constantly goes on in these forums.

I wish we'd realize that when a supporter of that candidate curiously checks out the forum, he'll be driven away when he sees us slamming his former choice for president.

wv@SC
02-08-2008, 07:12 AM

The constitution grants a lot of freedoms. And politicians like John McCain who vote for things like the patriot act, are doing their best to abolish our freedoms.

Just a technicality, I know. But the Constitution doesn't grant us anything. It protects our God-given inalienable rights. The Constitution doesn't grant. If it did that, then it could take away as well.

Well meant, and I hope well taken:).

Molly1
02-08-2008, 12:00 PM
wow I just converted a family of 4 Romney voters to Ron Paul, parents and kids.

I've been talking to them about Ron Paul for a while now but they were leaning towards Romney. Now they are finally seeing how the media treated Romney, and how the party treated him as well.

They are angry that this moving up of the primaries have prevented them from ever voting against Mccain and ever voting for Romney. Romney will not be on their ballot now.

They have been robbed of their voice in their primary.

Today the parent said to me--ok we will vote for Ron Paul and the kids will too.

They are pissed.

Way to go!! VOTE RON PAUL!!!

Molly1
02-08-2008, 12:19 PM
Welcome, Mitt Romney supporters!

You have been robbed of your right to vote for the candidate of your choice because so many primaries were moved up.

You watched the media marginalize the candidate of your choice.

We have seen that, too.

But you can still vote for the only conservative candidate left in the Republican line up.

We are still standing.

VOTE RON PAUL!!

TER
02-08-2008, 12:20 PM
We embrace your freedom of religious beliefs, your conviction that government should not rule over people, and that each and every person is responsible for their life.

RickNHouston
02-08-2008, 12:54 PM
THIS IS AN ABSOLUTE MUST ATTEND .... THE PRE-CURSOR TO THE NATIONAL REPUBLICAN CONVENTION ... WE NEED TO GET SOMETHING ORGANIZED FOR THIS .... HUGE GLOBAL ENERGY NEWS COVERAGE...

http://www.houstonspresidentialsummit.com/

BRING IT ON McCAINIACS !!!

constituent
02-08-2008, 01:10 PM
THIS IS AN ABSOLUTE MUST ATTEND .... THE PRE-CURSOR TO THE NATIONAL REPUBLICAN CONVENTION ... WE NEED TO GET SOMETHING ORGANIZED FOR THIS .... HUGE GLOBAL ENERGY NEWS COVERAGE...

http://www.houstonspresidentialsummit.com/

BRING IT ON McCAINIACS !!!

have they decided to invite him yet? last i checked he was not granted an invitation, and it was looking like it would have to be a protest rally.

is this still the case?

fabijo
02-08-2008, 09:52 PM
have they decided to invite him yet? last i checked he was not granted an invitation, and it was looking like it would have to be a protest rally.

is this still the case?

Looks like he's invited:

http://www.houstonspresidentialsummit.com/meet-candidates/index.html