PDA

View Full Version : I Don't Mean to Brag, But............................................... ....

tonyr1988
02-07-2008, 12:48 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=111227

No one believed me that there was a chance that Romney could drop post-Tuesday.

In many states, Romney's delegates (and Huckabee's, if/when he drops out) become free, right? (Honestly, that's a question - I don't know)

If so, that's a lot of delegates at stake, and I would bet that a majority of them (the Romney ones, anyway) are anti-McCain.

Why not try to find a list of the national delegates that have been chosen so far, and try and convert them over? Don't most (if not all) states release the delegate names?

And, for the many states that haven't done their conventions yet, let's start targeting the state delegates and get them to vote Paul, aka "Anybody But McCain." :D

We need to find the states that have unbounded delegates going to the national convention, find out when their state convention is, find out who their state delegates are, and then attack (gently, of course).

Yes? No? Why not work to change the minds of the existing delegates? That way, they've already done the hard work for us.

LandonCook
02-07-2008, 01:01 PM
lol...

nathaniel
02-07-2008, 01:19 PM
I honestly expected Romney to drop following the poor showing on Tuesday and was shocked when he vowed to stay in the race.

I would love to think that it would be good news for Paul and I suppose it can, but ...

You are going to see the Republicans begrudgingly rally around McCain for "the war on terror" aspect alone. They are so wedded to their precious "clash of civilizations" meme that everything else is insignificant in their eyes (sovereignty, illegal immigration, economics, size and scope of government, etc...)

We can clobber McCain and Huckster on traditional paleoconservative issues, but their trump card is that the largest block of voters in the party now consider those issues secondary and discardable to "winning the war on terror."

It is so disheartening to realize that conservatism is dead and there are two liberal parties, one extremely hawkish and the other moderately hawkish. I am afraid we are barking up the wrong tree trying to reason with the extremely hawkish liberal party.

...ugh.

Mystile
02-07-2008, 01:22 PM
These neocons have higher standards than us. I like to see them drop like flies when the first signs of uneasiness come their way.