PDA

View Full Version : Why Ron Paul did not get more votes **Must Read**

qh4dotcom
02-07-2008, 12:38 PM
It's not necessarily that people don't like Ron Paul...it's that most people don't know much about him...much less his position on the issues...many have never heard of him...and yes, the MSM has influenced many people to vote for other more popular candidates.

After reading hundreds of Ron Paul comments on Digg, blogs, Youtube, etc. I have noticed that most comments are positive about Ron Paul or neutral like the "He can't win" comment...few people are criticizing him or have the attitude that they will always vote against him.

According to this poll Ron Paul started his presidential bid rather late...which hasn't given him enough time for people to hear about him and rise in the polls compared to the other candidates.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/charts/2008_election_primaries/republican_primaries_chart.html

Note that the other candidates who have numbers higher than him have been around longer. Ron Paul's numbers have been always been rising...yes very slowly and his numbers have not gone down unlike the other candidates whose numbers go up and down up and down.

Ron Paul just needs more time to become more popular.

OferNave
02-07-2008, 01:00 PM
agreed. The rest of the races are pretty spread out, plenty of time to regroup and focus on each remaining state, one or two at a time, and maximize our benefit. Especially if people think McCain already won, they won't bother going out to vote for him. :)

linusPAULing
02-07-2008, 01:09 PM
Unfortunately, a large percentage of the voting block are afraid of the islamo-fascist terrorists, and they want protection. Thus, they make emotional decisions and go with the guy who sounds capable of protecting them.

This fact sucks, but it's a factor at play none-the-less.

The only thing I can think of to combat this problem is to make these people afraid of the economy, then perhaps you'll convince them to make the emotional decision to vote for Paul.

qh4dotcom
02-07-2008, 01:39 PM
Unfortunately, a large percentage of the voting block are afraid of the islamo-fascist terrorists, and they want protection. Thus, they make emotional decisions and go with the guy who sounds capable of protecting them.

This fact sucks, but it's a factor at play none-the-less.

The only thing I can think of to combat this problem is to make these people afraid of the economy, then perhaps you'll convince them to make the emotional decision to vote for Paul.

You're right and I wish everyone who is scared of terrorists would read my words below.

I have said it before and I will say it again. I believe people should be much more concerned about the criminals running around their neighborhood than terrorists who are six thousand miles away and who would be refused a U.S visa. I am more scared of the criminal bullets that are fired every day in my city than terrorist bullets that are fired six thousand miles away.

Terrorists killed 3,000 people on 9/11. Criminals have killed and injured hundreds of thousands or maybe even millions since then.

You have a better chance of winning the lottery than dying in a terrorist attack. More people have won state lotteries since 9/11 than the 3,000 people who died on 9/11. The CIA, FBI and TSA have been doing a good job keeping Americans safe. If you live in a small town no terrorist has ever heard of, then your chances are virtually zero.

Fighting a war in Iraq is as useless as fighting a war against insects...you may kill thousands of them today but tomorrow more insects will be born and reproduce. You can't make evil go away in the Middle East...new terrorists are being trained and recruited every day. It makes more sense to go home and keep the insects and bad guys out. War in Iraq does nothing to prevent Osama who likely is in Pakistan from sending his bad guys who aren't in Iraq to the Mexican side of the wide open U.S-Mexico border. Instead of spending a trillion dollars on a war, it makes much more sense to spend a trillion dollars securing the borders, airports and making the visa application process much more stringent for Middle Eastern countries.

wgadget
02-07-2008, 01:44 PM
Even on such liberal websites as Craigslist, they're pretty cool toward Ron Paul....