PDA

View Full Version : Mormon vote?

hawks4ronpaul
01-29-2008, 02:48 PM
See http://hawks4ronpaul.blogspot.com/2008/01/religious-endorse-ron-paul.html

mconder
01-29-2008, 03:06 PM
Real Mormons can ONLY support Ron Paul. Every election season, the First Presidency of The LDS Church has a message read in every local meeting house that encourages members to vote and further states that members of the LDS Church are to "vote for those who most closely represent their views as members of the Church." That said, the individual agency of mankind is among one of the preeminent doctrines of the LDS Church. To any Mormon that truly knows the faith, it is completely against the laws of God to compel a person to do good at barrel of a gun. Since this is what Romney represents, they vote for Romney and empower him to violate one of the basic principles of their faith.

hawks4ronpaul
01-29-2008, 03:27 PM
Thank you for reminding me about free will.

http://hawks4ronpaul.blogspot.com/

RonRules
01-29-2008, 03:44 PM
Mormon beliefs are definitely not to my liking. The book of Mormon has been totally debunked from an historical and scientific perspective, let alone common sense. The Mormon religion is best passed around quietly, 2 missionary at a time in private homes. It's worked very well for them.

Why do I say that?

Having a Mormon president will open up the entire world to the Mormonism. If you are a Mormon, trust me, you don't want every liberal and right wing publications and every late night talk show host out there making fun of your religion. The President is the ultimate target and the ridicule will be worldwide.

You are much better to vote for Ron Paul. He will ensure that your freedom and religious liberties are protected.

As an Atheist myself, I strongly support Ron Paul, even though he is a a Pro-Life, Creationist (does not believe in evolution), Christian Conservative, because he will be the strongest defender of my minority beliefs.

Normally most Atheists are least likely to vote for Christian Conservatives, but I sincerely believe Ron Paul is different, due to his total commitment to the US Constitution.

To all Mormons out there, think about this long and hard. Romney may be your worst choice.

AlbemarleNC0003
01-29-2008, 03:47 PM
Paul said that evolution is a theory. As it is.

Bilgefisher
01-29-2008, 03:49 PM
First take what I say with a grain of salt. In general I do not like Mormons. I see plenty of them here in Colorado.

Whether I like them or not, Romney gives them a bad name and only opens them to more ridicule. I think it would do a great disservice for them to elect him. It already scares people that he won 95% of the Mormon vote in Nevada.

mconder
01-29-2008, 03:53 PM
"Having a Mormon president will open up the entire world to the Mormonism. If you are a Mormon, trust me, you don't want every liberal and right wing publications and every late night talk show host out there making fun of your religion. The President is the ultimate target and the ridicule will be worldwide.

You are much better to vote for Ron Paul. He will ensure that your freedom and religious liberties are protected."

I am Mormon and I agree with the quoted text. However, if Ron Paul was Mormon, I would of course be voting for him regardless of how my faith is perceived because he is the only one that represents my faith in the political sense.

bdennis5
01-29-2008, 04:03 PM
I have to say I don’t exactly know what Mormons stand for on the Pro-Choice position but from what I have seen from the most prominent Mormon at this time (Mittens) I would have to deduct that it’s not that big of an issue for them. They stand by him and I don’t hear anyone from the organization calling his history out as not being in true to the foundational beliefs.

Like I said I don’t know that much about them but you could bet that I had a problem when Christian leaders decided to back the Ghoul after his stance on the issue. It is hypocritical in my eyes. I wouldn’t want main issues in my religion so easily discredited. Then again maybe Mormons don’t feel strongly about killing the unborn and want to give Mittens a pass on his historical stance on the issue.

BD

RonRules
01-29-2008, 04:04 PM
Paul said that evolution is a theory. As it is.

Read up about the scientific meaning of a Theory. I don't think Ron Paul himself (as most people) understand the strength of the word in scientific terms.

I can make a case that a scientific Theory has MORE value than a scientific law. For example the law of gravity, vs the Theory of gravity. The law is trivial, the Theory is very complex and constantly being refined. Evolution is a fact, but the Theory is much more encompassing.

Do look it up.

Oh, BTW, Mormons believe in evolution !

I also agree with the other poster that if Ron Paul was a Mormon, I would also vote for him.

Kregener
01-29-2008, 04:06 PM
No, evolution is a religion, like any other religion. It is not "fact".

RonRules
01-29-2008, 04:13 PM
No, evolution is a religion, like any other religion. It is not "fact".

Don't take influenza vaccines, eventually you'll you'll understand the FACT of evolution. You'll be on the wrong side of Darwin.

hawks4ronpaul
02-01-2008, 08:46 PM
By the way, the important Mormon part is in the second half: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WI5FqTuybKU#

blamx8
02-01-2008, 10:18 PM
I am also a Mormon. You may not agree with LDS theology or evangelic practices but hopefully you can see each person's individuality in spite of those disagreements.

The LDS church has no official stand on the matter of evolution. Some Mormons do not believe it and others see no reason we should limit God from using evolution as a method that He uses to create his works. Certainly the scientific support is abundant.

Regarding my support for Ron Paul, It is not, by any means, a hope to hide my beliefs that drives my support. I have no appologies or shame for my religious beliefs. Rather it is because of the teachings of church leaders that I support Dr Paul rather than Mr. Romney. The church leaders teachings regarding the inspired nature of the constitution and our responsibility to see that our government follows it it are abundant. Ron Paul is the only candidate that I can support and still be compliant with the teachings of my church leaders.

Original_Intent
02-01-2008, 10:49 PM
Mormon beliefs are definitely not to my liking. The book of Mormon has been totally debunked from an historical and scientific perspective, let alone common sense. The Mormon religion is best passed around quietly, 2 missionary at a time in private homes. It's worked very well for them.

Why do I say that?

Having a Mormon president will open up the entire world to the Mormonism. If you are a Mormon, trust me, you don't want every liberal and right wing publications and every late night talk show host out there making fun of your religion. The President is the ultimate target and the ridicule will be worldwide.

You are much better to vote for Ron Paul. He will ensure that your freedom and religious liberties are protected.

As an Atheist myself, I strongly support Ron Paul, even though he is a a Pro-Life, Creationist (does not believe in evolution), Christian Conservative, because he will be the strongest defender of my minority beliefs.

Normally most Atheists are least likely to vote for Christian Conservatives, but I sincerely believe Ron Paul is different, due to his total commitment to the US Constitution.

To all Mormons out there, think about this long and hard. Romney may be your worst choice.

You are preaching to the choir =)

Velastor2
02-07-2008, 12:29 PM
With Mitt gone who will gain the powerful mormon vote in the mid-western states that haven't voted yet?

Bilgefisher
02-07-2008, 12:29 PM
Is it possible to get the growing Mormon population over to Paul now or will the support McCain if Romney supports him? Your opinions?

LibertyEagle
02-07-2008, 12:30 PM
With Mitt gone who will gain the powerful mormon vote in the mid-western states that haven't voted yet?

Considering that Huckabee made a rather distasteful comment about Mormonism, I'm thinking they will be taking a long look at Dr. Paul.

ZzzImAsleep
02-07-2008, 12:31 PM
My in laws are mormons. They have said they dont like McCain, but if Romney is McCain's VP they will vote for McCain.

itshappening
02-07-2008, 12:32 PM
yes!!!

we NEED them!

regoarrarr
02-07-2008, 12:32 PM
I'm Mormon. I like Ron Paul :)

mmink15
02-07-2008, 12:33 PM
they will most likely go wherever Mitt Romney tells them to go via endorsement

regoarrarr
I read a thing the other day saying that Huckabee is so unliked by Mormons that if it was Huckabee / Obama in November, that the unthinkable would happen - Utah would go blue (Democratic) :-)

Give me liberty

welcome to the grassroots efforts :)

Rjr
02-07-2008, 12:35 PM
In answer to your question, Yes it is!!....as a Mormon many friends and associates let the marketability of Romney distract them....Many Mormons put a lot of stock in Constitutional government, distrust McCain, and dislike Hucakabee's bigotry; all this is positive for Ron Paul..

hawks4ronpaul
02-07-2008, 12:35 PM
Ron Paul is a natural for Utah, Nevada, Alaska, Idaho, Wyoming, Montana, Michigan, Maine, and New Hampshire where Romney and Paul crowded each other.

http://hawks4ronpaul.blogspot.com/

hawks4ronpaul
02-07-2008, 12:37 PM
The Mormon part is in the second half of the article: http://hawks4ronpaul.blogspot.com/2008/01/religious-endorse-ron-paul.html

sgrooms
02-07-2008, 12:39 PM

same here.

hawks4ronpaul
02-07-2008, 12:41 PM
Mormons are natural for man of principle Ron Paul: http://hawks4ronpaul.blogspot.com/2008/01/religious-endorse-ron-paul.html

Grimsatire
02-07-2008, 12:47 PM
There is that relatively recent interview where McCain's mom TRASHED mormons as corrupt. Her son said that she doesn't represent his views, but was very mild about it. USE IT TO SWAY MORMON VOTES!! Huckabee TOTALLY TRASHED MORMONS!! Most mormons are relatively pro-peace as well.

Adds in Utah and elsewhere can get HIS delegates to realize ONLY RON PAUL defended Romney's religion publicly! ONLY RON PAUL!

Adds people...adds...

itshappening
02-07-2008, 12:48 PM
what states with significant LDS population need to vote?

ButchHowdy
02-07-2008, 12:49 PM
Dr. Paul on Leno said "Mitt's religion should not be an issue."

Rjr
02-07-2008, 12:52 PM
Mormons represent a significant voting block in almost every state west of Colorado....For example, there are more Mormons in California than Utah!!! Overall this is positive for Ron Paul.

hawks4ronpaul
02-07-2008, 12:53 PM
Mormons represent a significant voting block in almost every state west of Colorado....For example, there are more Mormons in California than Utah!!! Overall this is positive for Ron Paul.

http://www.valpo.edu/geomet/pics/geo200/religion/mormon.gif

amy31416
02-07-2008, 12:57 PM
Seriously guys, telling someone who they "must" or who they can "only" support is just the kind of verbage that turns people off.

Cut that out. We have lots of Mormon supporters here, let them handle it unless you're absolutely sure you know what you're talking about.

If anyone told me I "MUST" support someone, I'd tell them to go cram it.

Rjr
02-07-2008, 12:58 PM
In terms of a politically active voting block Mormons represent a significant political force in the west......Again there are more Mormons in California Than Utah.

life_boy
02-07-2008, 01:09 PM
Just because Mitt drops out doesn't mean his vote count is going to drop to 0....he could still be a problem for Paul. Look at how Giuliani did on Super Tuesday. He got about the same percentage of votes as he was getting before he dropped out.

itshappening
02-07-2008, 02:11 PM
hmm