PDA

View Full Version : Tell Conservatives How To Win!

acptulsa
02-07-2008, 12:26 PM
I just posted this on conservativevoice.com. I advise you all to go to your favorite conservative blogsites and post something similar right now! No matter what you think of the combination scenario outlined below, it spins well. Use it or not, but get the McCain can't win the general message on every blogsite you can get onto now!

McCain can't win the general election. He cannot beat the Democrats at their own game. The war is the only position he has that significantly differs from theirs, and it is the one most Democratic-leaning voters hold most dear.

If we want to win in November, McCain must not be the nominee. It is that simple. If we do not rally against McCain we can kiss November good-bye.

Perhaps neither Huckabee nor Paul looks like much to you right now, but either stands a better chance in the general election, particularly against Clinton, than the spendthrift warhawk. And perhaps the best possibility of all is a combined ticket in which the two men soften each other's less conventional positions. This would have the effect of drawing not only those strong on defense (both men are, after all, even if they are lukewarm at most concerning the present quagmire), and the other two legs of the Reagan Coalition are very strongly represented. Best of all, if either Huckabee or Paul wins each remaining contest, they have between them a sufficient number of delegates to do the deed. Even combined, McCain and Romney, at present, do not.

Victory in November is dependent on ignoring (not parroting, as I see this site doing at present) the liberal media's rush to coronate McCain. They may find cause to have us follow that lead, but we surely will not gain from it.

acptulsa
02-07-2008, 12:40 PM
Also have it posted at slate.com.

LibertyEagle
02-07-2008, 12:59 PM
bump

Molly1
02-07-2008, 01:01 PM
Huckabee is a hawk, too.

That's why Christians carry those "Who would Jesus bomb?" signs at Huckabee rallies.

Huckabee is also known as tax hike mike.

Ron Paul is the only conservative choice for Republican conservatives.

acptulsa
02-07-2008, 01:27 PM
Huckabee is a hawk, too.

That's why Christians carry those "Who would Jesus bomb?" signs at Huckabee rallies.

Huckabee is also known as tax hike mike.

Ron Paul is the only conservative choice for Republican conservatives.

I agree with you. That's why I said what I did about the two men softening each other's positions (also works for those unsure about the gold standard), and why I mentioned that this is spin. Any way you slice it, we need to prevent Romney from succeeding in boosting McCain, and I think this will do it! It gets around the "he can't win" b.s. and gives the evangelicals hope of stopping McCain.

If you have a better way of rallying actual conservatives against the McCain coronation now being attempted by the media, let us know--then get out there and do it! Otherwise, can you think of a good conservative site where we can try this?