PDA

View Full Version : Romney dropping out = Brokered Convention

JulioForPaul
02-07-2008, 11:59 AM
Huckabee and Romney were splitting the anti-McCain vote.... in many cases giving McCain victories in Midwestern and Southern states. With Romney out look for Huckabee to dominate the rest of the Midwestern and Southern states sending the GOP into a brokered convention. Texas is a lock for Huckabee now, as well as, many other states.

Lets just grab most of the delegates and shock the convention.

Karsten
02-07-2008, 12:00 PM
Lol... Do you even know what a brokered convention is??

ronpaulyourmom
02-07-2008, 12:02 PM
They were not splitting each other's vote as much as you think. That whole storyline is a media creation. Exit polls show about half of Huckabee supporters had McCain as their second choice. I'm not sure about the Romney numbers but to suggest that all of the sudden all his support will go Mike is unfounded.

WilliamC
02-07-2008, 12:03 PM
And we know that Huckabee is staying in how...?

Mind you I don't know he is dropping out, but if Romney is, then Huckabee certainly has less support and less money.

Ethek
02-07-2008, 12:03 PM
no, this will turn the convention into a pre-decided propoganda slide-show for McCain.

Sandra
02-07-2008, 12:04 PM
Romney seemed to be the passionate anti McCain votes.

JulioForPaul
02-07-2008, 12:05 PM
Lol... Do you even know what a brokered convention is??

I'm afraid you sound like you have no idea what a brokered convention is. You do realize that if Huckabee wins the majority of the states left it will prevent McCain from getting the delegates needed to avoid a brokered convention. You do realize that a brokered convention is Ron Paul's only hope to have all of his bounded delegates released?

Sandra
02-07-2008, 12:05 PM
no, this will turn the convention into a pre-decided propoganda slide-show for McCain.

How can we make a "pre-decided propoganda slide-show" work for us.

Mister Grieves
02-07-2008, 12:06 PM
Does this now mean that all of Romney's delegates are unbound, and can vote for any candidate they please at the national convention?

mosquitobite
02-07-2008, 12:07 PM
Romney seemed to be the passionate anti McCain votes.

I agree. Now the question becomes, of the three left, which appeals to their issues more.

I think most will go to Huckabee, and possibly some to Paul.

I hope they don't get on the McCain bandwagon. :(

JulioForPaul
02-07-2008, 12:07 PM
If you think that Romney voters will turn to McCain you are insane. This only helps Huckabee.....and therefore Ron Paul as well.

virginiakid
02-07-2008, 12:08 PM
Its official...someone get on Romneys forum and start converting.

sgrooms
IT DOESNT MATTER where his votes go! mccain is going to get most of romneys delegates, because the state has the right to re-assign them...

JMann
I'm afraid you sound like you have no idea what a brokered convention is. You do realize that if Huckabee wins the majority of the states left it will prevent McCain from getting the delegates needed to avoid a brokered convention. You do realize that a brokered convention is Ron Paul's only hope to have all of his bounded delegates released?

Do you know that McCain nor Huck will allow Paul to win? It isn't possible for Paul to have enough people-delegates to vote for him on second or third ballots.

mosquitobite
02-07-2008, 12:09 PM
How can we make a "pre-decided propoganda slide-show" work for us.

Many in the conservative base cannot STAND McCain. Dr Paul needs to put himself front and center as the anti-McCain vote.

If there were some way to proove a McCain/Huckabee collusion, this would seal Huckabee's fate as well. If he's WITH McCain, conservatives will not view him as the anti.

The way I see it now, we have a chance in the red states. Right now, Huckabee will get a lot of anti-McCain sentiment unless we can curb that. I don't mind Huck getting the anti-McCain vote because it will still split the delegates. The problem becomes them possibly making a deal... :(

JulioForPaul
02-07-2008, 12:12 PM
Do you know that McCain nor Huck will allow Paul to win? It isn't possible for Paul to have enough people-delegates to vote for him on second or third ballots.

It is possible for RP to have enough delegates to decide who wins the Republican nomination. What he trades for his delegates is up to him. Either way, it will shock the establishment and the mainstream media that the nomination will come down to Ron Paul delegates.

Ayse
02-07-2008, 12:14 PM
Does this now mean that all of Romney's delegates are unbound, and can vote for any candidate they please at the national convention?

Go here: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=114871

Mister Grieves
02-07-2008, 12:17 PM
Go here: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=114871

Thanks.

So that's good news for us, right?

runningdiz
02-07-2008, 12:17 PM
Someone needs 1,119 to win mccain has 700 iwill get some of ghouls and romneys so he has prob about 800 which means he needs 300 more to win and there is over 1,000 more delegates left. in order for us to stop him we must win every single delegate from here on out and huck some. Mccain has to get no more. you think thats possible? No. Romney suspending is worse thing that could happen. Those of u celebrating are celebrating for Mccain.

Jobarra
02-07-2008, 12:18 PM
It's official, CNN just said that only 2 candidates were left with 'realistic' chances of becoming the nominee.

This is bad news truthfully. Huck and McCain are in collusion. Look for a McCain/Huck ticket. McCain did well in the Northeast and Huck did well in the South. That's all they'll care about for the general election.

Meanwhile, Obama has gained $7.2M since Super Tuesday and Hillary is in financial trouble. The GOP REALLY wants to lose this November. After Romney's speech, I think if Dr. Paul does well he will be scapegoated should the GOP lose in November. Romney was essentially saying anyone who was against the war was helping the enemy to attack us. I'm hoping we get to a brokered convention, but I don't hold much hope out for getting past the first vote with it being the friends Huck and McCain with enough delegates to help each other out.

AlbemarleNC0003
02-07-2008, 12:19 PM
Many in the conservative base cannot STAND McCain. Dr Paul needs to put himself front and center as the anti-McCain vote.

Exactly. I agree with the rest of what you said too, but this is the most important part.

PeacePlan
02-07-2008, 12:19 PM
The brokered convention is dead - McCain will get the nod. GOP is against Ron Paul we need to find another way to fight back. I hope RP has a plan as far as I am concerned he is Commander in Chief and I will do what he wants...

Ayse
02-07-2008, 12:21 PM
Thanks.

So that's good news for us, right?

Hard to say...I thought Romney was holding Huckabee back, Huckabee would've won Missouri if Romney wasn't in...but I guess we won't know until the votes start coming in.

Sandra
02-07-2008, 12:32 PM
Would Ron Paul being ignored by the "liberal media" put him in a bad light? Not to staunch conservatives. This leg of the campaign may depend on issues, local ads and slim jim campaigns.

Geckomeister
02-07-2008, 12:36 PM
Yeah, all we need now is for Huckabee to drop out and McCain to have a heart attack.

Dustancostine
02-07-2008, 12:37 PM
If Texas doesn't go to Paul it is going to McCain, not Huckabee.

To many veterans, to many neocons that were supporting Guliani who are now supporting McCain.

Plus Texans like the image of John Wayne McCain.

Ethek
02-07-2008, 12:38 PM
Yeah, all we need now is for Huckabee to drop out and McCain to have a heart attack.

heh, pretty much. Huck will never drop out. I'd say a high BP stroke could be a possiblity for McCain.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
02-07-2008, 12:40 PM
This is bad news truthfully. Huck and McCain are in collusion.

I agree with that totally.