PDA

View Full Version : What is keeping us from using grassroots to pass RP bills in congress?

Edu
02-07-2008, 11:45 AM
Why not use the grassroots to help pass Ron Pauls' bills that he has already proposed or sponsored?

Can't we put pressure on congress like we do other things?

Here they are:
http://www.govtrack.us/congress/person.xpd?id=400311&tab=bills

Why not pick a few of the more important ones and start a letter writing campaign?

H.R. 2755: Federal Reserve Board Abolition Act
H.R. 2756: Honest Money Act

Why wait till he gets in office? We can start now!

Edu
02-08-2008, 07:29 AM
bump

liberteebell
02-08-2008, 07:32 AM
Why not use the grassroots to help pass Ron Pauls' bills that he has already proposed or sponsored?

Here they are:

Why not pick a few of the more important ones and start a letter writing campaign?

Yes we can and should, and some of us have been doing this. This is one facet of the long term battle for freedom. We have to change government at every level.

Cleaner44
02-08-2008, 07:32 AM
This most definetly needds to be done.

Sematary
02-08-2008, 07:35 AM
A good organization to join that makes it easy for people to contact their congress losers is downsizedc.org
They are also supportive of Ron Paul. :)

ToryNotion
02-08-2008, 07:49 AM
Really good idea. Imagine if everyone in the meetup groups and every contributer called, email or wrote to their congress critter and/or wrote a letter to their local newsrag in support of RP's legislative initiatives.

Eponym_mi
02-08-2008, 07:52 AM
If RP supporters put half the effort into writing and calling their congress critters that they do hounding MSM and what not, things would change!

rg123
02-08-2008, 07:55 AM
I call my rep 4 out of 5 days a week on Rons bills and nothing happens to push them to committee and get scraped

Chester Copperpot
02-08-2008, 07:59 AM
I call my rep 4 out of 5 days a week on Rons bills and nothing happens to push them to committee and get scraped

you need more people in your district to call.. For every person that calls the reps look at it as 10,000 people feeling the same way.. so believe me they do care...

NJ's current senators are like that.. theyre all for the REAL ID, NAU, etc.. and If I called them up everyday it wouldnt matter.

Edu
02-08-2008, 08:52 AM
A good organization to join that makes it easy for people to contact their congress losers is downsizedc.org
They are also supportive of Ron Paul. :)Great link! http://www.downsizedc.org

(simple, easy e-mail congress form at bottom of pages)

Pass Ron Paul's "Honest Money Act" (HR 2756)
http://action.downsizedc.org/wyc.php?cid=85

Support Ron Paul's “American Freedom Agenda Act”
http://action.downsizedc.org/wyc.php?cid=82

Repeal the Patriot Act
http://action.downsizedc.org/wyc.php?cid=66

Repeal the REAL ID Act
http://action.downsizedc.org/wyc.php?cid=30

Send a letter and bump the thread!

crazyfacedjenkins
02-08-2008, 08:55 AM

Here they are:

YES!!!!! I was going to post this today. Very good idea. We should get a website with some centralized information to organize this battle. We should get a list of congressmen with their names, addresses and phone numbers and bash them all day long on this. I think it's worth a shot.

Peregrin
02-08-2008, 08:59 AM
Thanks for posting the DownsizeDC link. It's in my favorites file now!

princessredtights
02-08-2008, 09:27 AM
I'll say it again ... (I know it's my own idea but I think it's a great idea!)

If we take this idea and say, take one bill each week (or every 2 weeks) ... I think this would make a bigger impact - can you imagine, all the members of congress scratching their heads going ... "where is THIS coming from" ...?

Concentrated effort to make a bigger impact -
perhaps make a list of what bills when ... publish the list/calendar here and on the meetup groups -

Edu
02-09-2008, 12:57 AM
bump

BarryDonegan
02-09-2008, 01:05 AM
https://forms.house.gov/wyr/welcome.shtml

billjarrett
02-09-2008, 01:10 AM
Does your congressperson care when you pressure them?

I get back a form letter when I write them, and sometimes the letter I receive is not on the same subject I wrote them about >.<

kyleAF
02-09-2008, 01:17 AM
THIS is where our true worth in this whole rEVOLution will be seen.

He's already said it: he'll give us word on important things and guidance in the freedom and education movements for us to sponsor and support.

Ron Paul spam-bots??? Congress, you ain't seen (or heard) NOTHING yet!

princessredtights
02-09-2008, 01:24 AM

If we take this idea and say, take one bill each week (or every 2 weeks) ... I think this would make a bigger impact - can you imagine, all the members of congress scratching their heads going ... "where is THIS coming from" ...?

perhaps make a list of what bills when ... publish the list/calendar here and on the meetup groups -

I still like this idea of mine ...

Edu
02-09-2008, 07:58 AM

perhaps make a list of what bills when ... publish the list/calendar here and on the meetup groups -"Where's this coming from, it's those internet things, bots or whatever again! You can ignore that, those aren't real." (because the media is suppressing it and so the people can't possibly know about it)

ItsTime
02-09-2008, 07:59 AM
and this is exactly why they want hr1955 passed. Because we can turn the the conversation. We should use this power to lobby congress.

Edu
02-09-2008, 08:02 AM
Does your congressperson care when you pressure them?

I get back a form letter when I write them, and sometimes the letter I receive is not on the same subject I wrote them about >.<They care to be re-elected, and not be recalled. And if the "people" can't recall them because of some stupid code/rule then you people need to find out why you aren't sovereign people anymore. If they serve you, you can fire them.

WilliamC
02-09-2008, 08:03 AM
I just PM'd Bryan (moderator) a message to create a new sub-forum in Liberty Forest to deal with specific House Bills that Ron Paul either introduces, co-sponsors, or opposes.

This is how the rEVOLution grows....

IDefendThePlatform
02-09-2008, 08:06 AM
I think the more emails and phone calls they get, the more likely they are to consider something. We probably can't change any elected official's position on major issues, but I think pressuring your representative to co-sponsor RP's Honest Money Act and bring it to a vote is a great idea.
I'm a member of downsizedc.org. They send me emails whenever there is a pro-liberty bill that needs support, and then I email my representative. Its a small thing, but every little bit helps.

http://www.downsizedc.org/

billjarrett
02-09-2008, 08:08 AM
They care to be re-elected, and not be recalled. And if the "people" can't recall them because of some stupid code/rule then you people need to find out why you aren't sovereign people anymore. If they serve you, you can fire them.

Unfortunately, she seems to be popular around here. The Republicans ran a pretty well financed lawyer against her last time who I think played all his cards right, and she still won. It's not like most of the people who vote for them have ever tried to contact them, unfortunately.

TXcarlosTX
02-09-2008, 08:08 AM
spurs bump

FreeTraveler
02-09-2008, 08:13 AM
We need to focus on the American Freedom Agenda Act:

H.R. 3835: To restore the Constitution's checks and balances and protections against government abuses as envisioned by the Founding Fathers

If that one doesn't get passed, we may not be able to do anything else.

As Dr. Paul says: We should get our marching orders from the Constitution...

and WE should start taking our marching orders from Dr. Paul, by building grassroots support for each of his bills.

Edu
02-09-2008, 08:14 AM
Unfortunately, she seems to be popular around here. The Republicans ran a pretty well financed lawyer against her last time who I think played all his cards right, and she still won. It's not like most of the people who vote for them have ever tried to contact them, unfortunately.Yes but a strong chance of being recalled, knowing what a force this group can be, may make them take notice and do something.

We see how hard the media had to work to suppress this, just by that they show you how much effect you have.

princessredtights
02-09-2008, 11:13 AM
Unfortunately, she seems to be popular around here. The Republicans ran a pretty well financed lawyer against her last time who I think played all his cards right, and she still won. It's not like most of the people who vote for them have ever tried to contact them, unfortunately.

So, you write to her, call her, tell her what you want ... monitor how she votes vs the principles we stand for - write letters to the editor, contact the press, you educate your fellow voters - ...

princessredtights
02-09-2008, 11:16 AM
"Where's this coming from, it's those internet things, bots or whatever again! You can ignore that, those aren't real." (because the media is suppressing it and so the people can't possibly know about it)

Okay, how about this idea?

I have just joined the JBS - each month, they send out a publication that has something like 10 issues of action items. They have them prioritized from highest priority to lowest - you pick which items you want to focus on based on your interest and time commitment available.