PDA

View Full Version : They fine the official campaign a $1000 per...?

Madsci30
02-07-2008, 11:27 AM
We had a meeting yesterday in my county (here in oregon) where we got most of the precinct leaders together and discussed our plans for cancassing our county.

Someone that had worked with the official campaign in Iowa and Nevada said "Do not place any Ron Paul materials in mailboxes it's illegal. And they charge the RP campain like $1000 dollars per flyer found.

Does anyone know if this is true?

kylejack
02-07-2008, 11:29 AM
We had a meeting yesterday in my county (here in oregon) where we got most of the precinct leaders together and discussed our plans for cancassing our county.

Someone that had worked with the official campaign in Iowa and Nevada said "Do not place any Ron Paul materials in mailboxes it's illegal. And they charge the RP campain like $1000 dollars per flyer found.

Do not place anything in a mailbox. It is a federal felony. I have no idea if they punish the campaign.

Eponym_mi
02-07-2008, 11:29 AM

Yes, it is illegal to put stuff in people's mail box. However, you can hang it on their mailbox, doorknob, etc.

WilliamC
02-07-2008, 11:31 AM
I agree, nothing in or on a mailbox.

Campaigning isn't worth going to jail for is it?

Madsci30
02-11-2008, 11:00 AM
I know it sounds tempting to buy huge piles of the enemies flyers and sneak them into mailboxes nationwide but that would be wrong (like the MSM not reporting RP) and immoral (like the MSM keeping a great man from the citizens).

freelance
02-11-2008, 11:09 AM
I know it sounds tempting to buy huge piles of the enemies flyers and sneak them into mailboxes nationwide but that would be wrong (like the MSM not reporting RP) and immoral (like the MSM keeping a great man from the citizens).

Then why on earth would you put the suggestion into people's minds?

Beaglelover
02-18-2008, 08:13 AM
[mod-edit - this poser is digging up old threads to spew negativity, ignore and flag - thanks]

It's reckless threads like this one that paints the Paul supporters as kooks and vagrants. Some of you people are shooting yourselves in the political foot ..... and that of your candidate.

Doesn't it make MORE sense to operate WITHIN local and federal laws than against them???? Can't you see this underlying tone of hate and discontent and revulsion of the laws helps to destroy your campaign???

Wise up!!!!!