PDA

View Full Version : Romney is out.

RonPaulFTFW
02-07-2008, 11:26 AM
Just on CNN.

Meiun
02-07-2008, 11:27 AM
Just saw it on C-SPAN. Looks like he has SUSPENDED his campaign. Not sure exactly what that means, but looks to me like he's giving up.

YEAH!!!

Maz2331
Here comes the shake-up of the race.

bluemarkets
wifey finally got Mitt to stop throwing his money away :p

durden0
02-07-2008, 11:28 AM
This is actually pretty bad for us. Mccain will run with it now.

RonPaulFTFW
This could be bad.
If he gets VEEP and throws all his delegates to McCain.... it's over right?

Shed
Will the delegates stack up behind McCain or do they hate him too much?

RonPaulFTFW
02-07-2008, 11:30 AM

They want this over with so they can start attacking democrats.

I think they are all ready to swallow McCain.

durden0

I'm afraid they hate Paul more. : /

aymn27
Just on CNN.
It's over...no chance in hell now:(

Paulfan05
02-07-2008, 11:33 AM
i think its good, form what i seen, mitt supporters think mccain is too liberal, so the mitt people will come to us or huck

durden0
02-07-2008, 11:33 AM
It's over...no chance in hell now:(

Never say never, but it's definitely not a good thing.

RonPaulFTFW
02-07-2008, 11:34 AM
i think its good, form what i seen, mitt supporters think mccain is too liberal, so the mitt people will come to us or huck

I don't think that's the case though.

Republicans want to cut the weak and move on. They see McCain as electable and Romney wants something out of this.

Look for an unholy alliance.

josh24601
02-07-2008, 11:36 AM
It's extremely good! Are you kidding?

And then there were 3.

The frontrunner, hated by his own party, the second, tolerated.

Dr. Paul is currently the only Republican nominee for secure borders, no taxes, etc.

McCain is slavishly pro-war and you see how much love that provides him.

Dequeant
02-07-2008, 11:36 AM
Oh please. We have a ton of new delegates up for grabs, Huckabee told the conservative republicans they "need to switch to decaf" and McCain's a democrat. All the big name conservatives are speaking out against McCain, something they weren't really doing before super Tuesday.

Now we're 3rd in the republican party and you want to say there's no chance. You should look up "sunshine soldier", because that's exactly what you are, nothing more.

I leave you with words of wisdom of a founder:

THESE are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.

aymn27
02-07-2008, 11:37 AM
The rests of the states will be won by McCain..he will lock in the nomination...come on guys..the establishment of the GOP hates us...

AgentPaul001
02-07-2008, 11:37 AM
Now Paul is the only candidate in either party with a plan to really stop illegal immigration.

Gadsden Flag
02-07-2008, 11:39 AM
Wow, what the...?

I don't believe it..Why did he do this? He still had a strong chance at the nomination. Wow.

Wow. I guess in a way it helps RP. In another way the race just ended. Hmm. I don't know what to think.

KevinDW78
02-07-2008, 11:39 AM
Now Huckabee will drop out and throw his support to McCain too ensuring there is no brokered convention

Bruce4Ron
02-07-2008, 11:40 AM
There is only one way this is going to a national brokered convention.

Mitt Romney supporters need to support Ron Paul. Otherwise McCain will gain huge momentum and the required delegates to be declared the GOP Nominee.

We have to gain Romney supporters. The only way that is going to happen is if his supporters hate John McCain than the GOP.

I'm not feeling too good right now. I sure hope the RP Campaign staff has this situation in their play books.

Highstreet
02-07-2008, 11:41 AM
HQ needs to approach and ask for endorsement.

Suggest that it is the only way to keep McCain or Huck from winning. Keep it a three way race and back the ONLY conservative left.

seapilot
02-07-2008, 11:41 AM
The GOP party today is in self-destruct mode. Can almost hear the warning sirens, the count down and see the flashing red lights.

Cant say everywhere, but many voted for Romney to keep McCain down. Where will Romneys pledged delegates go now?

Perry
02-07-2008, 11:42 AM
Good news! The less people on the stage the better for Ron Paul. Watch and learn.

jackbid
02-07-2008, 11:42 AM
Without the brokered convention, we're doomed.

Lets leverage the God-damned MSM to our advantage, lest the revolution goes down the drain...

USE THE MSM... Please think Trevor Lyman... Think of something.......... :(

Kludge
02-07-2008, 11:43 AM
BLARGH! McCain doesn't even have to attend debates anymore. Maybe Dr. Paul can work out getting debate deals with Huckabee to boost both of their ratings. McCain CAN'T win!

Shed
Good news! The less people on the stage the better for Ron Paul. Watch and learn.

I'd agree, but they're all giving speeches today at the same event. First Romney, then McCain, then Paul. So it may be all over one way or the other by close of business.

andrewk78
Yeah this throws a big wrench into things.

Would the Huck people throw their support to McCain? The people I know voted for Huck because he is a christian, and I don't think that they would ever buy that McCain is.
Paul's numbers will go up in the upcoming primaries/caucuses but I guess it all depends on what Romney says/does at this point.

DetroitLion
02-07-2008, 11:44 AM
This throws open the west for RON PAUL!!!

This is huge!!

We can pick up victories and delegates with this!

Let's make the best of this and go full throtle now!

Let's go for this!!!

It's not over yet!

teamrican1
Now Huckabee will drop out and throw his support to McCain too ensuring there is no brokered convention

Not sure what you mean by "too". Romeny hates McCain, and there is no way he's going to endorse him and since the feeling is mutual, no way McCain is going to ask Romney to be his VP. Most Romney supporters seem to share their candidates hate of McCain, so I think this could wind up being a very good thing.

bbartlog
This obviously reduces the chance of a brokered convention. But on the plus side, it means that there are a bunch of states where we beat McCain on delegates (to the state convention) and should now be in position to try and get the national delegates. For example, look at
- Maine
- Alaska
- Montana
- (possibly) Minnesota

All of those states have yet to actually hold the state convention that will select delegates to the national. If Romney's guys show up an vote for McCain, then yeah we lose. But if they stay home or some can be brought to our side, then we should be able to claim far more of these delegates than we're currently counting on.

I'm not saying we should be optimistic about our chances. But keep fighting! What else is there?

allyinoh
02-07-2008, 11:46 AM
What if we teamed up with Huckabee to try to get Romney's delegates...

I don't know what the heck is going on but we need to get McCain out.. if McCain is out the choice would be Paul or Huckabee??

Dear Lord! lol

boondoggle
02-07-2008, 11:48 AM

Suggest that it is the only way to keep McCain or Huck from winning. Keep it a three way race and back the ONLY conservative left.

"If I fight on in my campaign, all the way to the convention, I would forestall the launch of a national campaign and make it more likely that Senator Clinton or [Barack] Obama would win," Mr Romney planned to say at the conference, AP reported.

"And in this time of war, I simply cannot let my campaign be a part of aiding a surrender to terror."

BBC

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7233537.stm

heartless
02-07-2008, 11:48 AM
I definitely agree that we need Romney supporters to come to us, we have to prevent McCainsane from winning as much delegates as possible. We need to focus on the next few states as much as possible, especially Texas and Washington where I believe the good doctor has the highest chance of winning.

Molly1
02-07-2008, 11:49 AM
Maybe Mitt wants the VP and God will tell Huck to give his delegates to us. :)

ziggrl
02-07-2008, 11:49 AM
It's up to the state delegates who Romney's delegates go to.

aymn27
02-07-2008, 11:50 AM
"If I fight on in my campaign, all the way to the convention, I would forestall the launch of a national campaign and make it more likely that Senator Clinton or [Barack] Obama would win," Mr Romney planned to say at the conference, AP reported.

"And in this time of war, I simply cannot let my campaign be a part of aiding a surrender to terror."

BBC

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7233537.stmFuck the terrorists! Our economy is collapsing you bunch of fucking bonzos!!!!! AARRGHH!!

sorry..had to let that out..:o

Alura618
Has anyone been to the Romney forums to see what they are saying about all of this?

tbarnett17
By the sound of that quote from the BBC, Romney sounds as if he'll be endorsing/backing McCain! Let's hope not! -Tyler

Bruce4Ron
02-07-2008, 11:51 AM
The question is what happens to the delegates

I think the Republican rules are that if a candidate drops out the delegate allocations are determined by each states party.

What I don't know is if the GOP for each state allocates them or the delegates themselves determine who they want in a "revote" type fashion.

This could be big or it could be bad.

wgadget
It's extremely good! Are you kidding?

And then there were 3.

The frontrunner, hated by his own party, the second, tolerated.

Dr. Paul is currently the only Republican nominee for secure borders, no taxes, etc.

McCain is slavishly pro-war and you see how much love that provides him.

My radio station WSB just said there are now TWO left...hmm.

wgadget
Independent run?

People are MORE than FED UP.

wgadget
02-07-2008, 11:52 AM
Does this mean Huck is out as VP?

andrewk78
02-07-2008, 11:54 AM
Paul grabs Huck as VP

Is this to far fetched? Or is Huck nothing more then a puppet really?

pickdog
02-07-2008, 11:55 AM
3rd party run is our only hope....

Molly1
02-07-2008, 11:56 AM
Paul grabs Huck as VP

So far, he's a puppet.

No reason for him to stay in now.

His whole purpose was to knock out Romney for Mccain.

Bruce4Ron
02-07-2008, 11:57 AM
Good speech on cnn so far from Romney

Molly1
02-07-2008, 11:58 AM
This could be Mitt's best speech.

He finally seems totally at ease.

Janet0116
02-07-2008, 11:59 AM
I can't help but be proud our man is still in. :) Is there going to be another debate soon?

Shed
02-07-2008, 11:59 AM
Has anyone been to the Romney forums to see what they are saying about all of this?
On the only Mitt Romney forum I could find, only three people have posted so far.

Molly1
02-07-2008, 12:00 PM
This entitlement garbage---these people want to spend over half a trillion dollars in one country overseas next year. But, let's cut medicaid at home? Yeah, that will make things better. But, they are cutting medicaid benefits in this budget.

Bruce4Ron
02-07-2008, 12:01 PM
This speech about economic policy is wreaking of Ron Paul !

jackbid
02-07-2008, 12:01 PM
We have no chance 3rd party...

By his speech, he seems to be talking more ike Ro Paul. He's talking about economic competition, lowering taxes, protecting economy, sealing the borders, liberty, etc... I believe he'd support Ron Paul

Molly1
02-07-2008, 12:03 PM
I can't help but be proud our man is still in. :) Is there going to be another debate soon?

I assume he will remind them of this today. :)

Xenophage
02-07-2008, 12:03 PM
This could be great for us or it could be the end. Each state, at their state convention, decides what to do with their delegates that were pledged to Romney.

Conservatives in up and coming states who hate McCain now only have Huckabee and Paul to choose from.

Molly1
02-07-2008, 12:04 PM
This speech about economic policy is wreaking of Ron Paul !

He wants to massively increase the military and pro-war.

BS_
Romney sees Huck kissing McCains ass and outdoes him to gaurentee the VP spot first. Am I the only one who gets this impression? Romney can still save face and say " i could have won the presidential race, but McCain and I will work together so much better" and then run next election. Wouldn't it be messed up if McCain and Romney were in cahoots all along to keep Huck and Paul out? I wouldn't put it past either one of them. Really, if you have 2 people working together from the start, one with history and one with money, you can completely fix it.

Huck won't drop out, he won't win over Mitts supporters either though he has a better chance of it than Paul does. Mitt hates Paul and has openly mocked and laughed at him.

kickzman

No way in HELL will he ever do that, the establishment wud HANG HIM.

Bruce4Ron
02-07-2008, 12:06 PM
Ok then. Mitt Romney just said he won't be supporting Ron Paul. He agrees with McCain in Iraq.

Crickett
02-07-2008, 12:06 PM
Dunno...but he is on c-span right now, and not saying one thing about quitting..wtf??

Molly1
02-07-2008, 12:07 PM
Somebody talked Mitt into this.

I wonder who? :rolleyes:

hmm a clue: he just used the phrase: evil extremism.

Crickett
02-07-2008, 12:09 PM
Paul grabs Huck as VP

That would be the only thing that would EVER stop me for voting for RP

jmdrake
02-07-2008, 12:10 PM
A lot of conservatives on talk radio have been promoting Mitt Romney as their last hope. If we CAPITALIZE on this rather than curling up and dying then this can be good for us. As the old song the gambler goes "Every hands a winner, and every hands a loser". Personally I wish Huckabee had dropped out instead so that the pro lifers had no where else to go. This is what we need to do. We need to hammer Mike Huckabee and John McCain the next few days on talk radio like there's no tomorrow. Plus we need to point out what a DISASTER the war on terror is being. We can't let John McCain continue to "surge" based on the "surge". Point out that Al Qaeda has a virtual safe haven in Pakistan and John McCain has no plan to do anything about this. Point out Ron Paul's plan for Letters of Marque and reprisal. Take no prisoners. Every change is both a threat and an opportunity. Quit basing the campaign on what OTHER people do and focus on what YOU have to do.

Regards,

John M. Drake

DRV45N05
02-07-2008, 12:10 PM
This is an interesting development.

Romney will surely not endorse Ron Paul. He wants to set himself up for a future in the Party. (By in the party, I mean with the establishment.) The Party is coalescing around McCain. Romney will play nice and set himself up for 2012 if McCain loses. His statement on being in a "time of war" is a clear indication he's stepping aside and letting McCain take the helm.

Be ready for McCain-Huckabee. It's going to happen. Paul needs to leave the GOP and run 3rd Party now.

maeqFREEDOMfree
02-07-2008, 12:11 PM
nice to see all the new members

Shed
02-07-2008, 12:11 PM
Did he endorse anyone or not?

Molly1
02-07-2008, 12:12 PM

Romney will surely not endorse Ron Paul. He wants to set himself up for a future in the Party. (By in the party, I mean with the establishment.) The Party is coalescing around McCain. Romney will play nice and set himself up for 2012 if McCain loses. His statement on being in a "time of war" is a clear indication he's stepping aside and letting McCain take the helm.

Be ready for McCain-Huckabee. It's going to happen. Paul needs to leave the GOP and run 3rd Party now.

But, like somebody else pointed out, Romney does not control his delegates. They control themselves if it goes to a second ballot, which it will.

colin1
02-07-2008, 12:13 PM

Sounds to me like Romney is going to throw his support behind McCain and even if he doesn't I don't think we're headed to a brokered convention anymore. With Romney out, I think most people who don't like McCain will accept the inevitable and not vote. Bummer. :(

Molly1
02-07-2008, 12:13 PM
A lot of conservatives on talk radio have been promoting Mitt Romney as their last hope. If we CAPITALIZE on this rather than curling up and dying then this can be good for us. As the old song the gambler goes "Every hands a winner, and every hands a loser". Personally I wish Huckabee had dropped out instead so that the pro lifers had no where else to go. This is what we need to do. We need to hammer Mike Huckabee and John McCain the next few days on talk radio like there's no tomorrow. Plus we need to point out what a DISASTER the war on terror is being. We can't let John McCain continue to "surge" based on the "surge". Point out that Al Qaeda has a virtual safe haven in Pakistan and John McCain has no plan to do anything about this. Point out Ron Paul's plan for Letters of Marque and reprisal. Take no prisoners. Every change is both a threat and an opportunity. Quit basing the campaign on what OTHER people do and focus on what YOU have to do.

Regards,

John M. Drake

We are the conservatives last hope: dagnabbit!:mad:

jsgolfman
02-07-2008, 12:14 PM
Ok, let's get one thing straight, they all despise Dr. Paul. None of them will 1) endorse RP, 2) be a VP for RP 3) do anything that might remotely help him. As much as Romney personally might loathe Mcwar (and thats debateable) he loathes RP even more. He may not come out and say he endorses mr 100 year war, but make no mistake, his votes will go to huck or mccain, not RP. Huck will petition, privatley at least, to be the VP and if mccains staff are competent they will accept. People will see it as mccains hot headedness tempered by the pious huckster. The one thing we have in our favor is a somewhat lukewarm reception mccain will get from a great many in the GOP. As far as the general election goes, don't count on getting any demorats (yes i know the "c" is missing) to jump ship in significant numbers as they tow the party line even better than the repugnicats. The ones that do were'nt demos to start with. Bottom line, and it pains me to say it, is third party may be the best option to not only get the presidency but if that is not possible then to make some serious change in the system.

RonPaulFTFW
02-07-2008, 12:14 PM
They are already calling McCain the winner now.

I don't think they will rally around paul as a conservative because he's against the war. Plain and simple, they want to WIN the war, not end the war. They hate bush because he fucked up, not because he's a war criminal.

I don't see any way to win this.

McCain has an easy sweep because the Hucker can't win anymore states.

And super tuesday has already told us one thing: Talk show "conservatives" have no real power in this party anymore.

The right wing is dead.

VaderM5
02-07-2008, 12:15 PM
By "suspending campaign" does this mean he isn't officially droping out but rather he won't officially be out campaigning?

Molly1
Sounds to me like Romney is going to throw his support behind McCain and even if he doesn't I don't think we're headed to a brokered convention anymore. With Romney out, I think most people who don't like McCain will accept the inevitable and not vote. Bummer. :(

He cannot do this. His delegates will decide for themselves.

CNN just called Mccain the putative nominee of his party.

We'll see about that!

fairverona
Not sure what you mean by "too". Romeny hates McCain, and there is no way he's going to endorse him and since the feeling is mutual, no way McCain is going to ask Romney to be his VP. Most Romney supporters seem to share their candidates hate of McCain, so I think this could wind up being a very good thing.

Possibly. I don't want to get my hopes up about anything, and I can honestly say I didn't see this coming so soon. However, my father and I did exit polling at our precinct on Tuesday and many people who voted for Romney said they did so because they didn't at all like McCain. It will be interesting to see what Huckabee does now. If Huck isn't trying to help McCain then he'll stay in the race for sure. If speculations are correct and he IS trying to help McCain or secure the VP position, he'll probably be gone soon too and Paul will truly be the Conservative choice. But this race has been so unpredictable that I really don't want to get my hopes up.

Boy, Sean Hannity must be crying right now.

han_solo
I predict a landslide victory for Hillary, the likes of which we have not seen in ages... I am talking 70-80% !!

After all, if your going to vote for a socialist democrat, you might as well vote for a REAL one.

Bruno
CNN said, "There is still one more Republican in the race, Mike Huckabee." Bastards.

wv@SC
I just dropped in on the Mitt Romney Forum and invited them to reconsider RP since the field is empty of conservatives except for him. After I got done posting, to my surprise, I found that another RP supporter had beaten me to it, although much more briefly than me. Be sure to welcome the new-comers WHEN they come!!

MCCAIN IS SOOOOOOOO BUSTED!!!!!!!!!!

Molly1
02-07-2008, 12:18 PM
Somebody is trying to convince conservatives that they are warmongers.

I wonder who that could be? :rolleyes:

colin1
02-07-2008, 12:18 PM
He cannot do this. His delegates will decide for themselves.

CNN just called Mccain the putative nominee of his party.

We'll see about that!

His delegates will not go for RP.

Shed
02-07-2008, 12:19 PM
I just dropped in on the Mitt Romney Forum and invited them to reconsider RP since the field is empty of conservatives except for him. After I got done posting, to my surprise, I found that another RP supporter had beaten me to it, although much more briefly than me. Be sure to welcome the new-comers WHEN they come!!

MCCAIN IS SOOOOOOOO BUSTED!!!!!!!!!!

Oh yeah, because calling their candidate a traitor is going to help persuade them to adopt ours.

Molly1
His delegates will not go for RP.

And you know this ---how?:mad:

You know nothing.

RonPaulFTFW
I predict a landslide victory for Hillary, the likes of which we have not seen in ages... I am talking 70-80% !!

After all, if your going to vote for a socialist democrat, you might as well vote for a REAL one.

God, she is hardly a socialist. Kucinich was a socialist. It's sad how little you guys know about politics outside of Ron Paul.

Anyway she has no money, and her staff is working for free.

Obama raised 7 million in a little over 24 hours ( he beat us!) and is doing well with white males.

Hillary isn't going to run with this and probably won't win.

colin1

+1

She catching on...like herpes...i'm telling ya!!! :D

garyallen59
02-07-2008, 12:20 PM
alan keyes will come from nowhere mccain will drop out and endorse as will huckabee and romney

we're screwed

RonPaulFTFW
And you know this ---how?:mad:

You know nothing.

HA. Anybody who voted for Romney isn't going to vote for Ron Paul. It's just not the same type of person.

We could maybe convert a few hundred of them but not all of them.

RonPaulFTFW
alan keyes will come from nowhere mccain will drop out and endorse as will huckabee and romney

we're screwed

Yeah, that really makes no sense.

Molly1
02-07-2008, 12:22 PM
HA. Anybody who voted for Romney isn't going to vote for Ron Paul. It's just not the same type of person.

We could maybe convert a few hundred of them but not all of them.

Romney is closer to Ron Paul than any other of the candidates.

He might be forced to endorse Mccain, but he is more of a conservative in the direction of Ron Paul, except for his war stance.

He's not for big govt. He slashed govt in MA.

Now, three of his 11 states voted for him because he lived there by his own words! lol

However, delegates are bound to a candidate voted by the primary state in the first ballot, but not the second.

PRIEST
02-07-2008, 12:23 PM
I think the media will portray McCain as having locked up the nomination. This is will discourage voters from showing up in the coming states. A big Ron Paul push may become wins for us.

han_solo
02-07-2008, 12:24 PM
"Supposedly Mitt is going to endorse McCain tonight in Baltimore, Why not endorse him here? That would have meant more."

Good Grief... its pretty obvious the "PARTY LEADERSHIP" told him to get out.

Estanislao
02-07-2008, 12:25 PM
Guess who the GOP VP will be?

Eponym_mi
02-07-2008, 12:25 PM
I think the media will portray McCain as having locked up the nomination. This is will discourage voters from showing up in the coming states. A big Ron Paul push may become wins for us.

Yes, that is a positive. We absolutely MUST GOTV from here on out.

colin1
02-07-2008, 12:28 PM
Yucky....this is going to be Bob Dole vs. Clinton all over again, except a much bigger margin of victory for Clinton this time.

I've already heard Hillary say, "Senator McCain said he wants us in Iraq for one hundred years." He's going to live to regret that little statement, plus his hysterical "bomb, bomb Iran". :rolleyes:

Good. Let the Repubs bleed themselves to death in a humiliating defeat.

Molly1
02-07-2008, 12:29 PM
Guess who the GOP VP will be?

um...Romney?:rolleyes:

He seemed pretty happy today.

Also more openly pro-war than I've ever seen him.

Estanislao
02-07-2008, 12:31 PM
More war, "Songbird" McCain, cannot win against the Dems. Especially against a Hillary Barack ticket.
Get ready for Manditory vaccinations, manditory drugs (Ritalin), Manditory psych evaluations (better not be weird or a patriot or you'll be living in a psychward), vitamins will be a drug...
get ready for the pharmacuetical industries wet dream.

http://www.roncan.com

Commander Yo
02-07-2008, 12:31 PM
Look folks the Limbaugh wing of the party hates McCain! The people at my caucus were disgusted with McCain and Bush. Romney has betratyed his own base this WILL come back to bite him RP will get delegates. If thing play out right in the next few weeks, this could be the best thing to happen to The Revolution!

Now is the time to push forward contact Romney Delegates they are inlarge part unbound, I know two in CO who will likely never vote McCain. Here is a huge opportunity on the RP campaign needs to act very very aggressively.

Shed
02-07-2008, 12:32 PM
Transcript of speech here, btw:

http://thepage.time.com/transcript-of-romneys-speech-withdrawing-from-the-race/

Janet0116
02-07-2008, 12:33 PM
I would love to see a Ron Paul press conference, or address to the GOP party of some kind, where he LAYS OUT HIS PLAN TO FIGHT TERRORISM. If they could hear his plan, they could be converted.

Uuntihoff
02-07-2008, 12:33 PM
Now would be a good time to win Louisiana in two days, like we kinda sorta did already.

Molly1
02-07-2008, 12:36 PM
Now would be a good time to win Louisiana in two days, like we kinda sorta did already.

yeah, if NH can vote twice, we can win twice!

Shed
02-07-2008, 12:36 PM
I would love to see a Ron Paul press conference, or address to the GOP party of some kind, where he LAYS OUT HIS PLAN TO FIGHT TERRORISM. If they could hear his plan, they could be converted.

I agree: the two upcoming speeches from McCain and Paul are critical.

I'm afraid the pressure's on for Ron Paul: this is probably the most important speech of his career! He has to do something really incredible to beat McCain at this stage.

Peace&Freedom
02-07-2008, 12:37 PM
In light of Romney's departure, Paul needs to announce he is going to run 3rd party, AND continue his run for the GOP nomination through to the convention. This should end the media blackout immediately, because an independent run will spoil it for McCain (it'll be pretty hard to keep ignoring someone who has just ruined it for the frontrunner). It will energize the grassroots beyond belief, and provide an out for loyal Republican Paul supporters who still want him to win the nomination. For the next 6 months supporters can build his name recognition, supply him with money bomb cash, and pick up delegates towards a major show down in St. Paul.

Estanislao
The CFR has chosen (sometime ago) that we will have a Dem president. Preferrably Hillary.

This cinches it.
more war McCain can't win against the Dems

I think Romney cut a deal for VP, as opposed to Huckleberry.
He has the money and was 2nd runner.
He had to have cut a deal.

Molly1
Fox news--"Romney is the most conservative"--sean hannity.

They are now eating their young.

Merk
02-07-2008, 12:38 PM
I have noticed that the folks I know that have a lot of cash invested in capital gains markets are terrified of McCain as he has flip flopped on his capital gains tax position and therefore wanted Romney. With Romney gone there is really only one choice if folks don't want their capital gains taxed and that would be... Ron Paul.

colin1
02-07-2008, 12:39 PM

No that would make too much sense. I'm sure the campaign will put out a press release regarding it in a week or so. :rolleyes:

Shed
In light of Romney's departure, Paul needs to announce he is going to run 3rd party, AND continue his run for the GOP nomination through to the convention. This should end the media blackout immediately, because an independent run will spoil it for McCain (it'll be pretty hard to keep ignoring someone who has just ruined it for the frontrunner). It will energize the grassroots beyond belief, and provide an out for loyal Republican Paul supporters who still want him to win the nomination. For the next 6 months supporters can build his name recognition, supply him with money bomb cash, and pick up delegates towards a major show down in St. Paul.

I just don't see how you think that announcing to the Republican core that 1: he's abandoning them and 2: they're stuck with McCain will help his campaign.

alarga
I bet my freedom on this being arranged!

Romney is an insider. He is the black-ops man (intelligence services, private enterprises, etc).

He has a huge ego. He has spent millions of his own money.

He doesn't just drop out.

McCain probably made a deal with him. For example the VP position.

Given how influential the VP has been under Bush, and given that McCain has one foot in the grave - this is actually a safe deal for him. Together they stand a better chance of beating Paul and Huck. McCain and Romney are both liberal republicans and lobbyist/government/power elite puppets, so no big leap there.

This is bad in that it reduces chances of brokered convention. Hence reducing our chances to attain delegates.

It is good in that it is even harder for the MSM to ignore RP now. They will of course launch much attention to RP as soon as McCain is on the safe side - but now they may have to give more attention to RP, if nothing else than as proxy to the Huckster in opposition attention.

It is also good in that it will be easier for RP to win entire states (which in itself forces attention). Now, if RP eventually go third party after the convention, all thie coming attention will be gold.

And the fact that RP refuses to confirm or deny his potential 3rd party shot is a stroke of genius. Everyone - even the retard MSM - KNOWS that it will severely undermine McCain should he go 3rd. So, the more certain McCain is as canditate THE MORE ATTENTION WILL BE GIVEN RP AND HIS POTENTIAL INDEPENDENT RUN. You have noticed how much speculation have been about this already. EVERY time the MSM interviews RP they ask about this and his money raising. Yesterday Cavuto on fox mentioned it again. Im telling you, its just starting.

RP is a genius because he knows this will increase attention about him and his race. And it would be stupid to deny or confirm, because that would release the tension of the speculations and uncertainties. He needs to go with his poker face all the way into the convention, even should Huckster drop out and start kissing McCains old ass.

So it is far from over. If the MSM increase his attention regarding speculations about 3rd party run, it will actually strengthen the very opportunity to do so, making it even harder for them to ignore him if and when that actually will happen.

It's all still exciting.

RonPaulFTFW
Look folks the Limbaugh wing of the party hates McCain! The people at my caucus were disgusted with McCain and Bush. Romney has betratyed his own base this WILL come back to bite him RP will get delegates. If thing play out right in the next few weeks, this could be the best thing to happen to The Revolution!

Now is the time to push forward contact Romney Delegates they are inlarge part unbound, I know two in CO who will likely never vote McCain. Here is a huge opportunity on the RP campaign needs to act very very aggressively.

hate to tell you but nobody cares about those people anymore.

The regan revolution is officially dead and all his neo-con offshoots.

Molly1
02-07-2008, 12:40 PM
Republican 'insiders' are attacking Hannity on Fox.

Hannity is whining that he is standing on his principles (in rejecting Mccain).

Yep, eating their young. :)

RonPaulFTFW
02-07-2008, 12:41 PM
I bet my freedom on this being arranged!

Romney is an insider. He is the black-ops man (intelligence services, private enterprises, etc).

He has a huge ego. He has spent millions of his own money.

He doesn't just drop out.

McCain probably made a deal with him. For example the VP position.

Given how influential the VP has been under Bush, and given that McCain has one foot in the grave - this is actually a safe deal for him. Together they stand a better chance of beating Paul and Huck. McCain and Romney are both liberal republicans and lobbyist/government/power elite puppets, so no big leap there.

This is bad in that it reduces chances of brokered convention. Hence reducing our chances to attain delegates.

It is good in that it is even harder for the MSM to ignore RP now. They will of course launch much attention to RP as soon as McCain is on the safe side - but now they may have to give more attention to RP, if nothing else than as proxy to the Huckster in opposition attention.

It is also good in that it will be easier for RP to win entire states (which in itself forces attention). Now, if RP eventually go third party after the convention, all thie coming attention will be gold.

And the fact that RP refuses to confirm or deny his potential 3rd party shot is a stroke of genius. Everyone - even the retard MSM - KNOWS that it will severely undermine McCain should he go 3rd. So, the more certain McCain is as canditate THE MORE ATTENTION WILL BE GIVEN RP AND HIS POTENTIAL INDEPENDENT RUN. You have noticed how much speculation have been about this already. EVERY time the MSM interviews RP they ask about this and his money raising. Yesterday Cavuto on fox mentioned it again. Im telling you, its just starting.

RP is a genius because he knows this will increase attention about him and his race. And it would be stupid to deny or confirm, because that would release the tension of the speculations and uncertainties. He needs to go with his poker face all the way into the convention, even should Huckster drop out and start kissing McCains old ass.

So it is far from over. If the MSM increase his attention regarding speculations about 3rd party run, it will actually strengthen the very opportunity to do so, making it even harder for them to ignore him if and when that actually will happen.

It's all still exciting.

problems:

1. we aren't really raising that much money anymore.
2. the media don't have to talk about RP as anything other than a footnote.
3. I don't think McCain and Romney have had any trouble beating Paul so far.

colin1
02-07-2008, 12:42 PM
Republican 'insiders' are attacking Hannity on Fox.

Hannity is whining that he is standing on his principles (in rejecting Mccain).

Yep, eating their young. :)

And what principles would those be? Licking the boots of his neo-con masters? :D

MalcolmGandi
02-07-2008, 12:45 PM
My guess is McCain/Huckabee. Here's how we win an independent run: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=114029

Molly1
Hannity---Romney, the most conservative, and Huckabee, the second most conservative, split the conservative vote.

Hellloooooo?

"you wouldn't believe the pressure that people are trying to bring down on me to... [support Mccain]"--Sean Hannity

aymn27
In light of Romney's departure, Paul needs to announce he is going to run 3rd party, AND continue his run for the GOP nomination through to the convention. This should end the media blackout immediately, because an independent run will spoil it for McCain (it'll be pretty hard to keep ignoring someone who has just ruined it for the frontrunner). It will energize the grassroots beyond belief, and provide an out for loyal Republican Paul supporters who still want him to win the nomination. For the next 6 months supporters can build his name recognition, supply him with money bomb cash, and pick up delegates towards a major show down in St. Paul.Yes!!! I likey this idea....he should say that if he doesn't win the nomination he will FOR SURE go third party...oh hell yea---this would be GRAND..b/c Neither McWar nor Huckabilly can win in the general without RP voter support...oh I love this idea!

tamor
02-07-2008, 12:46 PM
I think if he was going to support McWar - he would have said his name

tamor
02-07-2008, 12:47 PM
He still has his delegates because he is calling it "suspending" his campaign ... how about a visit to Romney forums -- too early?

Crickett
02-07-2008, 12:55 PM
Did he endorse anyone or not?

Yes, McInsane

colin1
02-07-2008, 12:57 PM
Yes, McInsane

He officially endorsed him, or are these the reports?

Crickett
02-07-2008, 12:58 PM
Yes!!! I likey this idea....he should say that if he doesn't win the nomination he will FOR SURE go third party...oh hell yea---this would be GRAND..b/c Neither McWar nor Huckabilly can win in the general without RP voter support...oh I love this idea!

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Stupid 3rd party posts..especially right now..jeeze

Crickett
02-07-2008, 01:00 PM
problems:

1. we aren't really raising that much money anymore.
2. the media don't have to talk about RP as anything other than a footnote.
3. I don't think McCain and Romney have had any trouble beating Paul so far.

Oh..I think we will be raising money now...yes sir ree!

Let's hear RP's speech after McCain. If he lucks out and is in rare form, we got a super DUPER push..

Commander Yo
02-07-2008, 01:03 PM
hate to tell you but nobody cares about those people anymore.

The regan revolution is officially dead and all his neo-con offshoots.

Dude you are so wrong. (Not sure who you are referring to but...)

Even if McCain is the guy, these people have a voice within the GOP structure this alone is important. So lets just ignore all the Romney supporters who hate McCain. Lets just ignore the current fractious nature in the GOP.

Bad Strategy dude.

Peace&Freedom
02-07-2008, 01:03 PM
I just don't see how you think that announcing to the Republican core that 1: he's abandoning them and 2: they're stuck with McCain will help his campaign.

He's NOT abandoning Republicans because he's STAYING in the Republican race under this scenario, and using his presence on the November ballot (via 3rd party line) to give him leverage towards winning the GOP nod. Paul won't have spoiled it for the Republicans, just spoiled it for McCain. The party isn't 'stuck' with McCain, they can opt for nominating Paul---but if they don't, it's their choice to lose the election to Hillary.

Molly1
02-07-2008, 01:07 PM
Bill Kristol predicted this two days ago per FOX: that Romney would pull out.

Now how did he know that? :rolleyes:

Bill Kristol is calling Mccain 'the leader of the conservative movement.'

In your dreams, neocon!

scotto2008
02-07-2008, 01:29 PM
People on this post are talking as if the Repub movers and shakers have principles. If McCain doesn't sell out to them, they'll sell out to him. They're all sellouts. It's not about ideology. It's about power.