PDA

View Full Version : angelina jolie Newest Council Foreign Relations member ?

m72mc
02-07-2008, 11:05 AM
http://blogs.usatoday.com/oped/2008/01/send-in-the-sta.html

With Al Gore's documentary earning Oscars and his taking home a Nobel, and Angelina Jolie joining the Council on Foreign Relations, the line between global politics and pop culture has blurred. Yet rather than dismiss Hollywood's finest as fly-by-night diplomats, let's harness their celebrity to bring about some good in the world.

Chester Copperpot
02-07-2008, 11:06 AM
old news.. she joined a few months ago..

dawnbt
02-07-2008, 11:06 AM
Not surprised. This is the same nutcase who ran around with Billy Bob Thorton's blood in a vile around her neck.

DaneKirk
02-07-2008, 11:10 AM
I will keep that in mind when I am reading Foreign Affairs......

dawnbt
02-07-2008, 11:13 AM

I'll keep it in mind when she has a new movie coming out. Boycott.

m72mc
02-07-2008, 11:14 AM

she was on cnn on bagdad report today.. haven´t seen it though..

icon124
02-07-2008, 11:29 AM
do you guys think they actually brief everyone in the CFR on what is really going down? Why would they risk that

kodoandkang
02-07-2008, 11:34 AM
there are tons of "useful idiots" in the CFR. they have no idea what is going on. for them it is just a badge of honor type thing. jolie's heart is in the right place and she wants to help people. she probably thinks this will be a good way to talk to powerful people about her concerns.

the bilderberg group is a lot more exclusive than CFR. even there though there are a lot of layers.

Cleaner44
02-07-2008, 11:36 AM
there are tons of "useful idiots" in the CFR. they have no idea what is going on. for them it is just a badge of honor type thing. jolie's heart is in the right place and she wants to help people. she probably thinks this will be a good way to talk to powerful people about her concerns.

the bilderberg group is a lot more exclusive than CFR. even there though there are a lot of layers.

I agree. Many people in the CFR have no idea just how evil it is.

icon124
02-07-2008, 11:37 AM
^ my point exactly...I picture it with rings...bigger rings on the bottom and as you look up it gets smaller...Jolie is on the bigger ring of course lol

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
02-07-2008, 12:48 PM

Yeah... reminds me of Bono running aroung talking to world leaders, and them actually listening. :rolleyes:

Liberté
02-07-2008, 01:07 PM
do you guys think they actually brief everyone in the CFR on what is really going down? Why would they risk that

The CFR is a think tank, they do not support any one cause, therefore there is nothing to "brief" anyone on. A lot of people don't understand what the CFR really is... http://www.cfr.org/

Actually, if you really like knowing what is up on a global level their website is far better for news then most MSM sites in the US. :eek:

There are some Conservative members of the CFR. If you are concerned about CFR then we should be supporting Conservatives and encouraging more to join.