PDA

View Full Version : We should be asking this: If you don't vote for Dr Paul's Freedom Message...

foofighter20x
08-09-2007, 08:01 AM
...then what did all those soldiers, sailors, airmen, and marines throughout American history die for? Freedom? Well, I disagree. We've let the government take those away. The Patriot Act took away our right to privacy. The Military Commissions Act essentially has stripped us bare of the rest our right too. So if we aren't really free any more, then what exactly did those brave servicemen and servicewomen sacrifice their lives for?

Edit: I know one thing for certain. They didn't die just so we could be here to sit idly by and let the government take those rights away from us.

You guys here on the forums should be asking ask people this.

Sematary
08-09-2007, 09:08 AM
...then what did all those soldiers, sailors, airmen, and marines throughout American history die for? Freedom? Well, I disagree. We've let the government take those away. The Patriot Act took away our right to privacy. The Military Commissions Act essentially has stripped us bare of the rest our right too. So if we aren't really free any more, then what exactly did those brave servicemen and servicewomen sacrifice their lives for?

Edit: I know one thing for certain. They didn't die just so we could be here to sit idly by and let the government take those rights away from us.

You guys here on the forums should be asking ask people this.

The stock response by necons is "what rights have you PERSONALLY lost" as if the loss of rights has to immediately reach your doorstep to be lost.

jonahtrainer
08-09-2007, 09:09 AM
The stock response by necons is "what rights have you PERSONALLY lost" as if the loss of rights has to immediately reach your doorstep to be lost.

The right to brush my teeth on the airplane!

I can take neither water nor toothpaste there and if I tried I would be shot.