PDA

View Full Version : What State Do we have the best chance of winning?

tangent4ronpaul
02-07-2008, 08:33 AM
For a blueprint on how to win them all, visit this thread:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=114685

-n

No1ButPaul08
02-07-2008, 08:34 AM
edit

pacelli
02-07-2008, 08:36 AM
Iowa, NH, California, Alaska, and Nevada.

LittleLightShining
02-07-2008, 08:37 AM
We need more troops in VT. I know we can win this state. There are only 17 delegates and the rest of the country doesn't take us that seriously (except for Patrick Leahy) but we could win here. We need more help, attention and organization.

RageAgainstDC
02-07-2008, 08:37 AM
a bunch if we run independent, fire everyone in the campagin except ron, and act like we actually want to win this thing.

tangent4ronpaul
02-07-2008, 08:40 AM
We need more troops in VT. I know we can win this state. There are only 17 delegates and the rest of the country doesn't take us that seriously (except for Patrick Leahy) but we could win here. We need more help, attention and organization.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=114685

-n

Michael Ingram
02-07-2008, 08:58 AM
I agree that Vermont is probably our best chance

acptulsa
02-07-2008, 09:03 AM
Texas is where Dr. Paul has served twenty years in the House and Texans love to support their own native sons. I posted this to Texas Monthly and if Texans know another good spot for it, I wish they would do it up.

https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=5707466863621329840&postID=173723606649792310&isPopup=true

Agent CSL
02-07-2008, 09:06 AM
Texas and Washington. God help us if he doesn't win one of them.

DAFTEK
02-07-2008, 09:09 AM
If he doesn't win Texas then all is lost as far as the campaign goes :(

NinjaPirate
02-07-2008, 09:21 AM
If he doesn't win Texas then all is lost as far as the campaign goes :(

Do we have a good chance in TX to begin with????

LittleLightShining
02-07-2008, 10:25 AM
Ok, here's my pitch for 17 delegate VT.

We have a unique market here. Believe it or not, VT is more than just homosexuals and hippies. But I'll get to that later. Homosexuals are LOUD. And they don't like the idea of a Constitutional amendment banning same-sex marriage. Ron Paul's stance on states' rights goes along way here. So does his message of individual liberty. Hippies love liberty. Do I have to elaborate here? Tell them Dr. Paul will end the war on drugs and the only thing stopping them from voting for him is a lack of registration. It doesn't matter if they are registered as Democrats because VT has an open primary. The battle with these folks is getting them to choose RP over Obama, which I don't think will be too hard to do once we remind them of the war and the Patriot Act.

Which leads me to my next point. In my precinct calling I have discovered that Vermonters of all stripes are vehemently opposed to the war and want it over yesterday. I knew this already, but it's nice to hear it from the voters themselves. we all know that Ron Paul is the only candidate that will pull out right away. We also know that he has more support from enlisted servicemen and women an dveterans than any other candidate. Proportionately, Vermont has lost more men and women in Iraq and Afghanistan than any other state. Our National Guard should be home protecting our border and most Vermonters would tell you that. Our state legislation is working right now to bring the NG home as the contract is up.

Aside from the hippies and homosexuals we also have a lot of homeschoolers. Any homeschooler will tell you that the education system is a mess. All homeschoolers treasure the right to educate their own children. Many, but not all, homeschoolers here in VT are Christians. There's no reason why Christians shouldn't support Ron Paul. We've got to get his statements about Life to these people.

Taxes in VT are high and it's largely due to the bureaucratic educational system.

Vermonters love local government. We still have town meeting day here. It's a beautiful thing. We even have a bona fide secession movement happening here.

Vermonters like guns. We can still carry a concealed weapon here. RP has already been endorsed (maybe not officially?) by Gun Owners of Vt. This is great. We need to get all these guys signs and literature about RP's 2nd amendment stance. If there's any group in VT that's almost as loud as the homosexuals it's the gun owners.

VT is a farming state.

VT is a border state.

VT senior citizens, like seniors everywhere are hurting. They remember the days when the Republican party was conservative.

Vermonters hate the Patriot Act.

If we had more materials and more manpower (and womanpower) we could really get this thing rolling. I've already proposed an idea to my meetup groups about placing ads in free weekly newspapers. One problem we face is that VT is rural and many areas have no internet so people are very dependent on the mainstream media. Our daily newspapers are AP-dependent and we know where that gets us. Another thing I think would be immensely helpful would be to burn some (a lot) of dvd's with Ron Paul's debate answers so folks can hear the good doctor for themselves. No one sells Ron Paul like Ron Paul.

I could go on and on, but we know what the issues are and most people I talk to (even the Dems) can get behind Ron Paul's stance.

tangent4ronpaul
02-07-2008, 05:48 PM
Only 31 votes so far - common ppl VOTE!

-n

tangent4ronpaul
02-07-2008, 05:59 PM
blimp

tangent4ronpaul
02-07-2008, 06:31 PM
up to 57 votes - Washington state and Texas are winning.

anyone else?

Mark37snj
02-07-2008, 06:34 PM
Texas is where Dr. Paul has served twenty years in the House and Texans love to support their own native sons. I posted this to Texas Monthly and if Texans know another good spot for it, I wish they would do it up.

https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=5707466863621329840&postID=173723606649792310&isPopup=true

Texas is our best hope. Please check out this thread:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=115397

jumpyg1258
02-07-2008, 06:53 PM
Gotta go with my state of residence in MD.

free.alive
02-07-2008, 06:54 PM
YOU SKIPPED THE 2/9 CAUCUS IN WA!!

that is our best shot. We need help calling call-

206-518-3939

Mark37snj
02-07-2008, 06:56 PM

206-518-3939

Bump for correction.

colecrowe
02-07-2008, 07:02 PM
None

colecrowe
02-07-2008, 07:03 PM

206-518-3939

I'll call and help in a little while. I'm listening to the conf. call now.

mmink15
02-07-2008, 07:08 PM
I'm saying my state of PA and I'll give my reasons.

1.) Philadelphia- Ron Paul's veteran's day rally there was a huge success and that was in the end of nov over a month before th Iowa and NH elections. From Liberty Hall to the Liberty Bell there are plenty of Ron Paul themed places of historical record to have Ron Paul lit drops and the such.

2.) Pittsburgh - Ron Paul was born in Pittsburgh, which should get him plenty of fair media in their local papers, possibly an endorsement(no facts to back that, just hope).

3.)Farm country - This is where I'm from and it's easy to sell Ron Paul to farmers and small businessmen. I see alot of Ron Paul support in the Lancaster area, we attained almost half of the signatures Ron Paul needed for the state in our county and have a full slate of delegates.

Everyone I know is workin their tails off, Ron Paul activities are just a part of daily life around here.

tangent4ronpaul
02-07-2008, 07:14 PM
Yes, Washington state has a caucus on the 9th and a primary on the 19th.

confusing - votesmart.com, where I got the dates only listed the 19th.

-n

Paulitician
02-07-2008, 07:35 PM
Surprised people are saying Texas. Probably just because he's a congressman there, right? Well, you have to remember that Bush was governor there, and went on to be President. Ok, so you have a president who doesn't mind bringin up his faith once and a while, and says we "must stay the course." McCain and Huckabee are like bastard childs of Bush. McCain represents the war hawk extreme, and Huckabee the religious extreme. Ron Paul is extremely anti-war, and does not wear his religion on his sleeves. Not to mention in the delegate straw poll Ron Paul came in 3rd. And he's going to come in 3rd again, unless Ron Paul supporters show up in droves--but of course, that has not happned at all so far during the primaries, so why should it change now?

4RP08inKCMO
02-07-2008, 07:39 PM
Kansas?

LittleLightShining
02-16-2008, 03:10 PM
I'm going to say it again. The state is VT.
Need more reasons? http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=1274195#post1274195 (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=1274195#post1274195)

NEPA_Revolution
02-16-2008, 03:25 PM
@MMINK

I live in NEPA, I dont think Ron can win here. Too may George Bush/ McCain Neo-conservative supporters and Hillary Supporters

Soccrmastr
02-16-2008, 03:27 PM
none, we lose the election :(

seeker1
02-16-2008, 03:32 PM
And none of those were winners, so what's the point. :cool: