PDA

View Full Version : Google Smearing Dr. Ron Paul

IPSecure
02-07-2008, 08:28 AM
I 'Googled' Ron Paul.

Up comes a picture of Obama, with a gay wired link!

WTF

Does anyone have a contact at google?

pacelli
02-07-2008, 08:30 AM
I 'Googled' Ron Paul.

Up comes a picture of Obama, with a gay wired link!

WTF

Does anyone have a contact at google?

Considering that the ground forces in NH were in part organized by Vijay, who got a great deal of press in NH for being a former google employee, I'd say he is the best bet. I don't know who he is on these forums.

Redcard
02-07-2008, 08:40 AM
It's not google search, it's google NEWS .. and that has always been hit or miss with the picture generation. Geeze. Do you really think someone has the time or energy to piss off the 5% of the population that vote for Ron Paul by changing the code in Google to intentionally place a picture of Barack Obama next to what are clearly Ron Paul news stories?

RageAgainstDC
02-07-2008, 08:42 AM
wow.... and you wonder why people think we're all conspiracy theorists.

Redcard
02-07-2008, 08:46 AM
Do a Google Search "David Beckham"

You get Shaun Wright Phillips and another guy.

I mean, this has been this way from the start.. they just pick an image that is related to the story somehow.. sometimes it works for the best.. many times it does not

IPSecure
02-07-2008, 08:47 AM
It's not google search, it's google NEWS .. and that has always been hit or miss with the picture generation. Geeze. Do you really think someone has the time or energy to piss off the 5% of the population that vote for Ron Paul by changing the code in Google to intentionally place a picture of Barack Obama next to what are clearly Ron Paul news stories?

Yes I do!

DAFTEK
02-07-2008, 08:49 AM
Cavuto said Google Microsoft employees love Ron Paul? If that is true why would Google start the MSM blackout against Ron Paul?

Redcard
02-07-2008, 08:50 AM
Yes I do!

Then you're a moron.

It happens to many news stories on Google. Get used to it. THey grabbed a photo , likely from a page with "Election 08" on it.

If you google Mitt Romney or Mike Huckabee, right now, you get a picture of John McCain.

John Edwards gives you Barack Obama.

It's just how the code works.

DAFTEK
02-07-2008, 08:52 AM
lol It just hit me, Obama and a gay website :D Wasnt there a video on youtube with a cab driver who said he did cocaine and gave Obama oral sex and the Obama people ran the story that it was the Ron Paul people behind it? That would explain Obama picture on a gay website on Google news searching for Ron Paul lol :)

IPSecure
02-07-2008, 08:52 AM
Then you're a moron.

It happens to many news stories on Google. Get used to it. THey grabbed a photo , likely from a page with "Election 08" on it.

If you google Mitt Romney or Mike Huckabee, right now, you get a picture of John McCain.

John Edwards gives you Barack Obama.

It's just how the code works.

B.S.

Yeah, I a moron...

Up yours.

Tell me google cannot distinguish peoples names with peoples pictures...

Richie
02-07-2008, 08:53 AM
http://www.chexquest.org/personal/offensivegoogle.PNG

Redcard
02-07-2008, 08:54 AM
B.S.

Yeah, I a moron...

Up yours.

Tell me google cannot distinguish peoples names with peoples pictures...

They can't from the news, no, because the images are coming in fresh. They go with topics.

That's why for their "image search" catalog, they have the Image game at http://images.google.com/imagelabeler/ , so people can label the images.

But that doesn't work for the news pictures which get pulled off of various news sites by topic.

IPSecure
02-07-2008, 09:05 AM
They can't from the news, no, because the images are coming in fresh. They go with topics.

That's why for their "image search" catalog, they have the Image game at http://images.google.com/imagelabeler/ , so people can label the images.

But that doesn't work for the news pictures which get pulled off of various news sites by topic.

So, are the image tags from the news sites causing this?

Redcard
02-07-2008, 09:08 AM
So, are the image tags from the news sites causing this?

No.. the pictures are pulled from "Politics" or "election 08" themed categories on the news sites. Then, Google basically just slaps an image next to the search.

Here's how it works, using David Beckham as an example.

David Beckham -> "Get text for David Beckham news stories" -> "Got it.. now headlines and format" -> "Okay, now , Beckham plays Soccer, we got this from the Soccer Section of the Sports page" -> Displays soccer image.

Sometimes that's Becks, sometimes that's Shaun Wright Phillips :P

The same thing is going on with Ron Paul, John McCain, Mitt Romney and Mike Huckabee right now.

FindLiberty
02-07-2008, 09:10 AM
Don't give it any (more) web hits!

http://i29.tinypic.com/154zfvt.jpg

DAFTEK
02-07-2008, 09:12 AM
lol but how do you explain that out of the millions of sites on the net Obama's picture pops up from Gay Wire hahahahaha :) I'm loving it :D

tommy7154
02-07-2008, 09:12 AM
You think that's bad try googling "Ron Paul" under images.

Redcard
02-07-2008, 09:15 AM
lol but how do you explain that out of the millions of sites on the net Obama's picture pops up from Gay Wire hahahahaha :) I'm loving it :D

Dunno.

The news search gets images from around the world.

I did a google news search on some of my family, and I got a picture from a news story written about my family from Australia. Of Daffodils.

Just weird stuff.

DAFTEK
02-07-2008, 09:16 AM
i did a search about gay obama hers what i got :D http://www.google.com/search?q=youtube+obama+gay&sourceid=navclient-ff&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1B3GGGL_enUS253US253&aq=t

Back on topic i wont put much into these results, if you read the article in Gay Wired with Obama's picture they mention Ron Paul as one of the Republican candidates so this might be part of why you get these results in. Try Ron Paul tomorrow and all this will change.

IPSecure
02-07-2008, 09:16 AM
No.. the pictures are pulled from "Politics" or "election 08" themed categories on the news sites. Then, Google basically just slaps an image next to the search.

Here's how it works, using David Beckham as an example.

David Beckham -> "Get text for David Beckham news stories" -> "Got it.. now headlines and format" -> "Okay, now , Beckham plays Soccer, we got this from the Soccer Section of the Sports page" -> Displays soccer image.

Sometimes that's Becks, sometimes that's Shaun Wright Phillips :P

The same thing is going on with Ron Paul, John McCain, Mitt Romney and Mike Huckabee right now.

Well the main reason I was concerned about this is due to the famous slogan: "Google Ron Paul". If people actually do this, the results are less than favorable...

Redcard
02-07-2008, 09:21 AM
Well the main reason I was concerned about this is due to the famous slogan: "Google Ron Paul". If people actually do this, the results are less than favorable...

THe image is wrong.. but the news stories are right, the first thing up there is headquarters..

It's only unfavorable if you think people pay attention to the news photos, but most people who use google go straight for the first link.

When you need to worry is when you type "Ron Paul" in the google box, click "I'm Feeling Lucky", and it DOESN'T take you to the campaign site.

robert4rp08
02-07-2008, 09:33 AM
i'm not seeing it. settle down.

MooCowzRock
02-07-2008, 09:39 AM
Google was the TOP industry of donators to Ron Paul's campaign in the third quarter, so fuck off with you stupid and baseless accusations of purposeful conspiracies.

IPSecure
02-07-2008, 09:46 AM
Google was the TOP industry of donators to Ron Paul's campaign in the third quarter, so fuck off with you stupid and baseless accusations of purposeful conspiracies.

So this is baseless?

Did you see the fucking picture?

Did you see the fucking 'gay wired' link?

Byte Me!

This shit did not happen 2 months ago.

Like I said, The slogan 'Google Ron Paul' results are insulting.

Conspiracy or not, It Is Not Right.

Jae0
02-07-2008, 09:48 AM
Its just how the search works. Damn people you're going to be on blood pressure meds if you freak over every little thing.

dblee
02-07-2008, 09:55 AM
how stupid can you get... Do you have ANY idea how the Internet works? The search results are determined by automatic computer algorithms that have no political ambitions. I'm pretty sure the folks at google have better things to do. Put your energy to better use.

JeffSchulman
02-07-2008, 09:56 AM

Opiner
02-07-2008, 09:58 AM
It is funny because for Mitt and Huck u get McCain. McCain & Barack got it right and Hillary u get Barack too. It doesn't seem deliberate. I think carelessly throwing accusations is unwise.

MooCowzRock
02-07-2008, 10:01 AM
So this is baseless?

Did you see the fucking picture?

Did you see the fucking 'gay wired' link?

Byte Me!

This shit did not happen 2 months ago.

Like I said, The slogan 'Google Ron Paul' results are insulting.

Conspiracy or not, It Is Not Right.

Considering how much money they have donated to Ron Paul, and the fact that it was THEIR interview with him that got me supporting Ron Paul originally, and THEIR employees are giving up their jobs to canvass and campaign for Ron Paul, I am going to give them the benefit of the doubt. It was VERY likely a simple mistake, and instead of jumping on the "ITS A CONSPIRACY" bandwagon, why dont you show a little more respect to some of our best supporters?

IPSecure
02-07-2008, 10:05 AM
I never said it was a conspiracy!

JFC

This did NOT happen 2 months ago...

What can be done to stop 'gay wired' pics of Obama showing up when people actually 'google Ron Paul'?

Nothing?

Jae0
02-07-2008, 10:05 AM
No. Nothing. Now go find something useful to do.

Bruce4Ron
02-07-2008, 10:09 AM
Get back to work for crying out loud.

All they have to do is look at the second set of links below the picture of Obama which brings them to Ron Pauls website where there is a glowing picture of the real Ron Paul.

Stop this conspiracy theory crap around here and lets do something productive.

steve005
02-07-2008, 10:30 AM

you can't be for real

Redcard
02-07-2008, 11:01 AM
you can't be for real

Uh, I am for real.

The history of the picture next to the Google News pullups on Google Search is hilarious. There are ALL KINDS of cases like this. You're a nutball if you think a company that has gone out of their way to be supportive of Ron Paul, whose employees have paid HUGE amounts of donations for Ron Paul, would suddenly go into their code, and explicitly screw OVER Ron Paul.

Johncjackson
02-07-2008, 11:52 AM
Well, I have seen Ron Paul's picture come up for stories that dont even mention him. So while you are complaining about that, thank them for the free face time as well.

JordanQ72
02-07-2008, 12:07 PM
I never said it was a conspiracy!

JFC

This did NOT happen 2 months ago...

Proof?

What can be done to stop 'gay wired' pics of Obama showing up when people actually 'google Ron Paul'?

Nothing?

Yes, nothing, it's a pic from a news story, wait until a new one comes up top, and it'll switch.

Now hush down fool. Search for Mitt Romney and you get Huckabee, search for McCain and you get Clinton.