PDA

View Full Version : Blog re: The Louisiana debacle

wgadget
02-07-2008, 08:25 AM
Found this at the Hannity forum:

I KNEW something fishy was going on.. GOP establishment is up to NO GOOD!
This brave Louisiana delegate should be commended for the stance she is taking against “the GOP establishment”! I’ve pasted a copy of her blog but you can also link to it * HERE * Many of us have been suspicious but it still stings when you discover that unethical tactics actually ARE taking place behind closed doors!

Quote:
Your Opinion is Needed NOW

I ran as a delegate to the State GOP Convention (upcoming Feb. 16) on a “ticket” as an Uncommitted ProLife ProFamily candidate. Similar tickets ran in each of Louisiana’s Congressional Districts.

The collective philosophy of the tickets was to uphold the conservative precepts of the Republican Party, being committed not to a specific candidate, but to conservative ideology. The idea was to hold delegate votes over the heads of would-be presidential candidates, telling them that if they wanted Louisiana’s delegate votes, they would have to demonstrate a commitment to conservative principles. Mere talk would not be enough.

The Uncommitted tickets which ran throughout each of Louisiana’s seven Congressional Districts won 77% of the delegate seats. Over the past few days, I have learned that a growing number of these elected Uncommitted delegates have now been convinced to immediately throw their support behind John McCain. See LA_McCain_Endorsement_FINAL.pdf

Some Uncommitteds have done so because they were persuaded that, like him or not, McCain was the only viable candidate who could beat Hillary or OBama. (Frankly, I’m not so sure that argument has veracity, but that’s a topic for another post.)

Others who ran as Uncommitted are now supporting McCain because they have been convinced that McCain is going to win most of the delegates on Super Tuesday, primarily because of the conservative vote splitting of Mike Huckabee.

I don’t necessarily fault the Uncommitteds for their decision to back McCain. I simply disagree with its timing, particularly since Louisiana GOP voters have yet to cast the first vote in our Feb. 9 Presidential Preference Primary. While I am not McCain’s biggest fan, the same timing argument would also apply regardless of who the candidate was.

In case it isn’t obvious, I am NOT one of the Uncommitteds who decided to get behind McCain now. Like the other Uncommitteds across the state, I received a number of phone calls with pleas for my IMMEDIATE switch to McCain. As I told the callers, if McCain ends up walking away with enough delegate votes on Super Tuesday to get the National GOP Nomination, I will support him over Hillary or OBama. But Super Tuesday hasn’t even occurred, nor has the Louisiana Presidential Preference Primary.

But the primary reason why I refused to throw my support behind McCain at this point was because of my belief that the people who voted for me and for the ticket did so precisely because we were NOT supporting McCain, or Mitt Romney, or Ron Paul, or Mike Huckabee. These voters knew the field would narrow after Super Tuesday and that the Uncommitteds would eventually support a candidate. But not a mere 8 days after the caucuses.

[Side note: In our 4th Congressional District, 12 of our 15 Uncommitted delegates were elected to the state GOP Convention. (Other breakdowns of the votes in other districts here.) For the record, of these twelve from District 4, ONLY TWO have committed to support McCain as of yesterday. Again, I don’t fault the two from my ticket who switched, and in fact have a great deal of admiration for each of them. I simply disagree with their decision to switch prior to Super Tuesday and the LA Primary.]

The Uncommitteds across the state who have switched support to McCain, and those, like myself who refused to commit now, truly need to hear from rank and file Republicans prior to the state convention on Feb. 16, especially those of you who voted for the Uncommitted ticket.

* What are your thoughts on the Uncommitteds supporting McCain before the LA Primary occurs, and prior to Super Tuesday?
* What weight should the Uncommitteds give, if any, to the results of the Louisiana Primary on Feb. 9?
* Should the Uncommitteds remain so until the National Convention in September in Minneapolis?

I’m sure there are other questions I could ask, so please feel free to post some of your own in the Comments Section.

The bottom line for me personally is that myself and the other Uncommitteds were elected by many of my readers, and my friends, and even by many complete strangers, and we are thus, the voice of the voters at the upcoming state convention.

I do recognize that this post may be an exercise in futility since Louisiana appears in no national polls, and seems to be receiving treatment as a complete non-factor in the 2008 race for the White House. It is nonetheless important to me that all of my voters know that the press release LA_McCain_Endorsement_FINAL.pdf does not speak for me.

This post will likely cost me any chance I had at being selected as a National Delegate or Alternate. I would have to be selected by the either the delegates from my district, or at-large by the entire LA Convention. If the press release above is correct, the McCain folks have enough votes to blackball me, at least as an at-large candidate.

But I am at peace with the decision to publish this post, because I’d rather forfeit the dream of being a national delegate than feel as though I was not representing the people who trusted me enough to vote for me, and for my ticket.

Please post your comments below. If you would prefer to send me an email, send it to info@votetherecord.com. I’ll print out every email I receive, and take them to the state convention. It is especially important for me to know if you a registered as a Republican, and if you voted in the caucus on January 22.

Perhaps many will respond to this post. Perhaps no one will. But I at least must try, and this is the fastest method that I can think of to hear from the voters.

Thank you.

RageAgainstDC
02-07-2008, 08:36 AM
why would anyone vote to essentially give someone else the right to vote for them, without them even telling you who they were going to vote for? 77% of louisianians are fucking morons.

cazeringue
02-07-2008, 08:53 AM
why would anyone vote to essentially give someone else the right to vote for them, without them even telling you who they were going to vote for? 77% of louisianians are fucking morons.

77% is still lower than the Rest of the Nation!! Right back at ya, you f'n idiot!!

The GOP had to create a unified ballot to beat us. Most people who voted for the Pro-Life ticket were GOP state loyalist. There were a couple of Little Old Ladies and undecided voters, but we did our best to let them know about RP.

RageAgainstDC
02-07-2008, 09:16 AM
77% is still lower than the Rest of the Nation!! Right back at ya, you f'n idiot!!

The GOP had to create a unified ballot to beat us. Most people who voted for the Pro-Life ticket were GOP state loyalist. There were a couple of Little Old Ladies and undecided voters, but we did our best to let them know about RP.

why the hostility? i didn't call you a moron. well, unless you were one of the moronic voters who delegated their right to vote to someone else without any indication as to who they would be voting for.

btwilli1
02-07-2008, 09:29 AM
Their churches talked up the uncommitted pro-life pro-family slate. People were led to believe these people would choose a candidate who had an unwavering commitment to ensuring the candidate they would choose was 100% Pro-Life Pro-Family.

If it is McCain or Romney they choose then those "uncommitted" delegates are scum!

I think we need to show up at the state convention with reminders of how many people voted for them to pick a Pro-Life Pro-Family candidate.

77% are not morons, they were just misled by well dressed christian looking people, who looked very trustworthy. All of them had on suits. Don't talk bad about my fellow louisianians.

Furthermore how about all those states where people voted for Romney in their caucus but left before the delegate vote? Are they not morons for leaving?