PDA

View Full Version : "secret strategy"

RageAgainstDC
02-07-2008, 08:04 AM
just out of curiosity... does anyone know how much money was spent on super tuesday? i remember everyone was talking about how ron was sandbagging and he was planning this big huge national push right before super tuesday and it was all "part of a plan", just like people are now saying that taking ~100 delegates to a (possible) brokered convention is some "grand plan" that is going to win us the nomination. what ever happened to the "secret plan", and what does it tell you about the people pushing the brokered convention idea? just a thought...

parocks
02-07-2008, 08:09 AM
just out of curiosity... does anyone know how much money was spent on super tuesday? i remember everyone was talking about how ron was sandbagging and he was planning this big huge national push right before super tuesday and it was all "part of a plan", just like people are now saying that taking ~100 delegates to a (possible) brokered convention is some "grand plan" that is going to win us the nomination. what ever happened to the "secret plan", and what does it tell you about the people pushing the brokered convention idea? just a thought...

Well, I remember hearing some sort of secret plan around super tuesday.

The STOP MCCAIN / Situational Voting / Brokered Convention plan is entirely different, mostly because it's not secret at all.

What we need to recognize is that unless McCain is stopped, and quickly, we will not win.

Goal #1 - Stop McCain

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=114659

Excellent detailed analysis of Brokered Convention / Situational Voting / STOP MCCAIN

nodope0695
02-07-2008, 08:10 AM
I'm still waiting for the secret plan myself. To be honest, and no, I'm not a troll, I think Ron was let down by his campaign staff. The campaign manager and his inept group of goof-balls really squandered an opportunity to use all that money wisely. They should have demanded equal time from the networks, to include complaints to the FCC and legal action/court orders. It just seems to me that they're trying to lose. Now don't get me wrong. I'm not giving up. I'm still going to canvass, and I'm still going to give money. I would just appreciate some kind of proof from the campain staff that they don't have their heads up their asses.

stevedasbach
02-07-2008, 08:11 AM

Ron's campaign wasn't sandbagging. Most of the money raised in 4th quarter was spent in 4th quarter. Big chunks were spent on direct mail ($4 million) and cable ad production ($3 million -- unclear if this also included airtime).

Personally, I think all the talk about a "secret plan" was just speculation from people who didn't have any first-hand knowledge of the campaign's strategy.

In hindsight, I believe this money would have been better spent on running national TV ads, especially on the cable news channels, both to boost his national poll numbers and make it harder for the MSM to ignore him.

ToryNotion
02-07-2008, 08:13 AM
I'm sure that the campaign staff will rush to put all its secret plans on public discussions boards such as this. I know I would.

RageAgainstDC
02-07-2008, 08:17 AM
my point was that the same people who are pushing for a brokered convention miracle are the people who have been saying "don't worry, there's a plan" since iowa. how long should we wait around for this "plan" to start? i think the brokered convention idea is just an extension of this. grasping to straws. noone could realistically think it's actually possible without misunderstanding the way the system works. i just want people to realize that the IS NO PLAN. sure, the campaign said they wanted to take delegates to the convention, but no shit, that's what you do in an election. we need to end this argument once and for all so we can move on to what is important, getting the message out to Dr. Paul that we are behind him all the way, we want the message to get out as much as possible, and we'll support him in an independent bid. all the other talk is just a distraction, like the billionaire and the secret plan were.

seeker1
02-07-2008, 08:17 AM
I would just appreciate some kind of proof from the campain staff that they don't have their heads up their asses.

What, when all the proof does the opposite? :cool:

The plan is not secret, there is no plan.

pacelli
02-07-2008, 08:19 AM

Well if you put it that way, it means that it is all a huge lie and the campaign doesn't really want to win. They're blowing smoke up our collective ass, that the people who support RP are more passionate about him than the campaign. That any rumors of a secret plan are unfounded.

Ah, that feels better :eek:

seeker1
02-07-2008, 08:20 AM
Well if you put it that way, it means that it is all a huge lie and the campaign doesn't really want to win. They're blowing smoke up our collective ass, that the people who support RP are more passionate about him than the campaign. That any rumors of a secret plan are unfounded.

Much better.:eek:

parocks
02-07-2008, 08:21 AM
my point was that the same people who are pushing for a brokered convention miracle are the people who have been saying "don't worry, there's a plan" since iowa. how long should we wait around for this "plan" to start? i think the brokered convention idea is just an extension of this. grasping to straws. noone could realistically think it's actually possible without misunderstanding the way the system works. i just want people to realize that the IS NO PLAN. sure, the campaign said they wanted to take delegates to the convention, but no shit, that's what you do in an election. we need to end this argument once and for all so we can move on to what is important, getting the message out to Dr. Paul that we are behind him all the way, we want the message to get out as much as possible, and we'll support him in an independent bid. all the other talk is just a distraction, like the billionaire and the secret plan were.

Why do you think that the same people are saying that?
I'm not sure I ever believed in a secret plan.

I do think that STOP MCCAIN is imperative.

Goal #1 - Stop McCain

Excellent detailed analysis of Brokered Convention / Situational Voting / STOP MCCAIN

RageAgainstDC
02-07-2008, 08:23 AM
people need to realize this, so we can quit beating the dead gop horse and let ron know that we ARE behind him in an independent run. to anyone reading these forums, we appear fractured. i honestly believe the "pro-gop convention miracle" people are just trolls attempting to prevent an independent run, or just wearing some very, very rose colored glasses. call me crazy...

Bossobass
02-07-2008, 08:32 AM
If it was a SECRET plan, then you didn't hear about it. ;)

Bosso

Redcard
02-07-2008, 08:43 AM

Well, nobody from the campaign has ever said there's a "secret plan." That's all started here.

pacelli
02-07-2008, 08:45 AM
Well, nobody from the campaign has ever said there's a "secret plan." That's all started here.

And most of the people who started that rumor aren't around anymore, including the bullshit billionaire troll.

RageAgainstDC
02-07-2008, 08:48 AM
exactly, and the people who are pushing the brokered convention miracle rumor are the same type... trolls. i refuse to believe that any true ron paul supporter is dumb enough to believe that a brokered convention is even remotely possible, let alone our best bet.

No1ButPaul08
02-07-2008, 08:50 AM
exactly, and the people who are pushing the brokered convention miracle rumor are the same type... trolls. i refuse to believe that any true ron paul supporter is dumb enough to believe that a brokered convention is even remotely possible, let alone our best bet.

I refuse to believe any true Ron Paul supporter would support a third party when a brokered convention is HIS goal

parocks
02-07-2008, 08:51 AM
people need to realize this, so we can quit beating the dead gop horse and let ron know that we ARE behind him in an independent run. to anyone reading these forums, we appear fractured. i honestly believe the "pro-gop convention miracle" people are just trolls attempting to prevent an independent run, or just wearing some very, very rose colored glasses. call me crazy...

I might help you a little bit here, bring you up to speed.

Ron Paul is running for the Republican Nomination.

We are here, helping him win the Republican Nomination.

Thank you for paying attention.

RageAgainstDC
02-07-2008, 08:57 AM

and gee, that's going real well, isn't it? it's about the MESSAGE people. ron knew he wasn't going to win the GOP nod. anyone with half a brain knew the GOP wasn't going to nominate ron paul. they've gone as far as to commit vote fraud to keep it from happening. i'm not saying an indy run will make ron the next potus, i'm saying it will give us a chance to keep the message alive. because, if you havent noticed, it's dying. just look at how many people are on this site now compared to before all these losses. we need to stop the bleeding. we need hope. win or lose, it's about the MESSAGE. it's not up to us, obviously, but if ron doesn't take this campaign independent it will die and early death, and it will do no good for the movement, either.

seeker1
02-07-2008, 09:03 AM

I thought we were supporting his run for the presidency. my bad. :cool:

DAFTEK
02-07-2008, 09:04 AM
The STOP MCCAIN / Situational Voting / Brokered Convention plan is entirely different, mostly because it's not secret at all.

What we need to recognize is that unless McCain is stopped, and quickly, we will not win.

Goal #1 - Stop McCain

To be honest even if we don't win, McCain needs to be stooped at all cost just because!

Then again by the looks of it if McCain is pushed by MSM and the GOP is swallowing this and are happy about the coverage but i don't think they realize the reasons why CNN is pushing McWar :) i for one am sure Republicans will be beat 2 to 1 by the Democrats, especially if there is an Obama/Hillary ticket i am willing to put money they will win the white house easy....

icon124
02-07-2008, 09:11 AM
you gotta remember that when the MSM doesn't give you air time 20 million isn't really anything. It really isn't fair but 20 million for Ron Paul and 20 million for John McCain is two different things because of the MSM

LibertyEagle
02-07-2008, 09:11 AM

If we are fractured, it is because we are allowing ourselves to be. I really don't get this. It's not up to US whether Ron Paul runs as a 3rd party candidate, or whether he does or doesn't have a "secret plan". This is up to Ron Paul himself.

It seems to me that our goal, as Ron Paul supporters, should be to help Ron Paul in what he has told us he is doing. Right now, that is winning as many delegates as he can in the upcoming states. So, instead of debating the pros/cons of a 3rd party run or anything else, we should be outside working our backsides off canvassing in the states who have yet to vote.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
02-07-2008, 09:12 AM
Personally, I think all the talk about a "secret plan" was just speculation from people who didn't have any first-hand knowledge of the campaign's strategy.

I'll go along with that.

In hindsight, I believe this money would have been better spent on running national TV ads, especially on the cable news channels, both to boost his national poll numbers and make it harder for the MSM to ignore him.

That might work for a regular candidate, but the media was actively against Paul. When that wasn't working, they tried total blackout. That worked a little better for them.

I'm not sure the campaign's strategy has been as effective as they would like, but I trust them to have a good feel on what our chances are from here out and act accordingly. As far as whether to continue for the Republican nomination or go 3rd party, they know more than we do regarding actual delegates, and Paul wouldn't want to waste our money by taking the least fruitful path. I'll support their decision making on that both now and later.

No1ButPaul08
02-07-2008, 09:12 AM
If we are fractured, it is because we are allowing ourselves to be. I really don't get this. It's not up to US whether Ron Paul runs as a 3rd party candidate, or whether he does or doesn't have a "secret plan". This is up to Ron Paul himself.

It seems to me that our goal, as Ron Paul supporters, should be to help Ron Paul in what he has told us he is doing. Right now, that is winning as many delegates as he can in the upcoming states. So, instead of debating the pros/cons of a 3rd party run or anything else, we should be outside working our backsides off canvassing in the states who have yet to vote.

He has told us to Broker the Convention. We can only do that this way

No1ButPaul08
02-07-2008, 09:15 AM
I thought we were supporting his run for the presidency. my bad. :cool:

He is currently running for GOP nomination. His current chosen path to the Presidency. Ron wants a brokered convention. He has made that clear

GoldStan
02-07-2008, 09:15 AM
Man you see this same thought mode on every conpiracy web board on the Internet. Some "big secret plan" will be definately soming o fruition on xxxx date. When it doesn't (and they never do) the same folks who touted it just go on as though they had never said anything and start talking about another "big plan".

It sucks to see the libertarian movement polluted by this same shattered magical thinking.

RageAgainstDC
02-07-2008, 09:20 AM
He has told us to Broker the Convention. We can only do that this way

well, if he wants a brokered convention, then he wants to lose. he knows damn well there will be not one but two kingmakers ready to trade mccain the nod for a cabinet/vp slot or some other deal. anyone who thinks otherwise is either ignorant or just ignoring reality.

if ron wants to give up then you're saying we should too? we should blindly follow our leader to our graves? "drunk the koolaid", as they say? that sounds like a cult, not a movement.

steph3n
02-07-2008, 09:25 AM
even 200 delegates won win in a grand plan of a brokered convention, sorry, that is just NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

now he could 'win' in being hear, but that is about it.

RageAgainstDC
02-07-2008, 09:28 AM
and no1butpaul08... please... quit with the spamming. we have about 40 other places to find that link if we need it. you've put it in every damned thread on the forum. we get the point. you support hoping for a miracle. thanks for the input. quit spamming.

GoldStan
02-08-2008, 11:57 AM
well, if he wants a brokered convention, then he wants to lose. he knows damn well there will be not one but two kingmakers ready to trade mccain the nod for a cabinet/vp slot or some other deal. anyone who thinks otherwise is either ignorant or just ignoring reality.

if ron wants to give up then you're saying we should too? we should blindly follow our leader to our graves? "drunk the koolaid", as they say? that sounds like a cult, not a movement.

Major points for actual realistic thinking. RP needed a lot more folks like you and lots less wishful dreaming.