PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone see this about the NAACP Austin guy?

Redcard
02-07-2008, 07:37 AM
He's now claiming that he was taken out of context, that he was speaking as a private citizen, that neither he nor the NAACP ENDORSE Ron Paul, that he was speaking mostly on how Paul has been treated and treats on a very local level?

He seems to now think differently..

Johncjackson
02-07-2008, 08:23 AM
This is because he most likely WAS taken out of a context. A lot of RP supporters have a serious problem with trying to claim people endorse or support Ron Paul when they don't and the "blowback" is that people have to come out and publicly say they do not. If people did not reach and try to read into things there wouldnt be any negativity.

What part of " I dont think Ron Paul is a racist" means " I love Ron Paul I endorse him for President"? Yet that is what people do here.

How is this "differently"? He was speaking as a private citizen in exactly the way he claims. He was not representing the NAACP or endorsing anyone. And , as a local person, he was speaking on Ron Paul on the local level. Has anyone claimed otherwise?

The next time someone from Texas says " I don't think Ron Paul beats his wife" don't take it to mean " I endorse Ron Paul ."

pacelli
02-07-2008, 08:26 AM
Nelson Linder is the president of the Austin chapter of the NAACP.

Here are interviews he's done talking about Dr. Paul:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvFLSwDvBUA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2svQNYS6kQ

Redcard
02-07-2008, 08:26 AM
This is because he most likely WAS taken out of a context. A lot of RP supporters have a serious problem with trying to claim people endorse or support Ron Paul when they don't and the "blowback" is that people have to come out and publicly say they do not. If people did not reach and try to read into things there wouldnt be any negativity.

What part of " I dont think Ron Paul is a racist" means " I love Ron Paul I endorse him for President"? Yet that is what people do here.

How is this "differently"? He was speaking as a private citizen in exactly the way he claims. He was not representing the NAACP or endorsing anyone. And , as a local person, he was speaking on Ron Paul on the local level. Has anyone claimed otherwise?

The next time someone from Texas says " I don't think Ron Paul beats his wife" don't take it to mean " I endorse Ron Paul ."

Well, I don't take it that way. I just thought that it was an endorsement, that's all. It appears I was wrong on that count.. but where can I go to find the news if i can't trust Youtube and I can't trust the MSM?

smoke.stack
02-07-2008, 08:39 AM

BULLSHIT!!

what happened was that some of Nelson Linder's racist buddies in the NAACP called, and told him he shouldn't have said it.. so now he is covering his own ass. i heard the interview.

i don't it was ever said that the NAACP endorsed Ron Paul.. this post is out of context.

smoke.stack
02-07-2008, 08:41 AM

Redcard
02-07-2008, 08:44 AM
BULLSHIT!!

what happened was that some of Nelson Linder's racist buddies in the NAACP called, and told him he shouldn't have said it.. so now he is covering his own ass. i heard the interview.

i don't it was ever said that the NAACP endorsed Ron Paul.. this post is out of context.

Really? I can point to a NUMBER of Digg articles linked to from THIS FORUM that say otherwise.

smoke.stack
02-07-2008, 08:49 AM
Really? I can point to a NUMBER of Digg articles linked to from THIS FORUM that say otherwise.

i was referring to the original story as was released.. it never said the NAACA endorsed Ron paul.. that is an outright lie.

Redcard
02-07-2008, 08:51 AM
i was referring to the original story as was released.. it never said the NAACA endorsed Ron paul.. that is an outright lie.

No, it said the NAACP Austin supported him. It was on Alex Jones' show AND on PrisonPlanet.

smoke.stack
02-07-2008, 08:54 AM
if some digger posted it up on dig out of context, well those actions where done by "private citizens" and you can't control what all individuals do.. those stories could have been dug out of context by people against the campaign.. to just come in here and blame "ron paul support for taking things out of context" is ridiculous.

Redcard
02-07-2008, 08:56 AM
if some digger posted it up on dig out of context, well those actions where done by "private citizens" and you can't control what all individuals do.. those stories could have been dug out of context by people against the campaign.. to just come in here and blame "ron paul support for taking things out of context" is ridiculous.

Well, it was Alex Jones that issued the retraction.

It was on his show.

He said that there was an endorsement.

http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/january2008/011308_not_racist.htm

smoke.stack
02-07-2008, 08:58 AM
the article said "Austin NAACP President Nelson Linder, who has known Ron Paul for 20 years, unequivocally dismissed charges that the Congressman was a racist in light of recent smear attempts, and said the reason for him being attacked was that he was a threat to the establishment."

http://www.infowars.com/articles/us/ron_paul_naacp_president_rp_not_racist.htm

He does hold this position, and on Alex's show he even stated this.. if he wanted to clarify that he was speaking as a private citizen he certainly didn't seem concerned with it during the broadcast.

what has happened.. is that some of his racist buddies in the NAACP have given him flak over it.. it's simple.. so he is trying to distance himself at the expense of ron paul supporters.

LibertyEagle
02-07-2008, 09:04 AM
BULLSHIT!!

I did too and he never said he endorsed Ron Paul. Nope.

pacelli
02-07-2008, 09:05 AM
what has happened.. is that some of his racist buddies in the NAACP have given him flak over it.. it's simple.. so he is trying to distance himself at the expense of ron paul supporters.

I think that's the 2nd time you've made that allegation in this thread. Where's your source?

Redcard
02-07-2008, 09:06 AM
I did too and he never said he endorsed Ron Paul. Nope.

But I remember threads here saying that.;. I remember digging up a topic that said it.

*rubs his forehead* This is all so confusing. I remember Alex Jones saying it.

RPinSEAZ
02-07-2008, 09:10 AM

Next time we have a revolution, someone needs to put a gag on dipshits like this.

pacelli
02-07-2008, 09:12 AM
No, it said the NAACP Austin supported him. It was on Alex Jones' show AND on PrisonPlanet.

Here is the actual (and only) interview that Alex did with Linder. Any stories that were posted about Alex's show stemmed from this interview.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2svQNYS6kQ

Wyurm
02-07-2008, 09:15 AM

Edit: wait, I read that article and saw nothing about any endorsement.

smoke.stack
02-07-2008, 09:17 AM
Next time we have a revolution, someone needs to put a gag on dipshits like this.

fascist.

Redcard
02-07-2008, 09:19 AM
Edit: wait, I read that article and saw nothing about any endorsement.

The old article was different.

He changed it when he put his UPDATE in .

flames2dust77
02-07-2008, 09:21 AM
BULLSHIT!!

No. I call bullshit on what you're saying right here. What you're saying is pure speculation and cannot be verified. You have been asked to post your source...if you have one, please do so.

Someone directed me to that particular interview during the whole rehashing of the newsletter firestorm. I listened to it thinking it was going to be an endorsement for Ron Paul because that is what some people were stating. I'm sorry but that was not an endorsement. And yes, everyone states that Linder and Paul have known each other for 20 years....but it didn't sound like they were old buddies or pals. Basically, Linder said that when he has had contact with Dr. Paul...Dr. Paul was never rude to him, never talked down to him, etc. That was in no way an endorsement, and quite frankly I thought it was a horrid interview that didn't prove much anyways. Do I think Ron Paul is a racist? Nope. Never have, never will. But that interview was taken way out of context. People are grasping and reaching for straws with that one. Take it for what it is: Linder stating that he does not believe Ron Paul to be a racist based on how he has been treated by Dr. Paul when they have had dealings with each other. Be realistic and logical and use some commom sense.

smoke.stack
02-07-2008, 09:23 AM
The old article was different.

He changed it when he put his UPDATE in .

with all due respect. that's simply not true.

smoke.stack
02-07-2008, 09:34 AM
No. I call bullshit on what you're saying right here. What you're saying is pure speculation and cannot be verified. You have been asked to post your source...if you have one, please do so.

with all due respect. i am a white precinct leader in a country with a 90% black population. i talk to lots of blacks daily about things related to the NAACP, and I talk alot about group think, and how I believe group think is the foundation that leads to racism.. anyway.. i never presented what I said as anything other than my opinion.

obviously, the tone of this board has changed, and there alot lots of pissed of people posting and trying to blame failures where ever they can

i don't appreciate being told I should be gagged by fellow ron paul supporters.. talk about bullshit.

flames2dust77
02-07-2008, 09:47 AM
with all due respect. i am a white precinct leader in a country with a 90% black population. i talk to lots of blacks daily about things related to the NAACP, and I talk alot about group think, and how I believe group think is the foundation that leads to racism.. anyway.. i never presented what I said as anything other than my opinion.

obviously, the tone of this board has changed, and there alot lots of pissed of people posting and trying to blame failures where ever they can

i don't appreciate being told I should be gagged by fellow ron paul supporters.. talk about bullshit.

Yes, I understand "group think." I'm black...so I have to deal with this sort of herd mentality everyday. My point was: That interview was taken out of context and spun into "an endorsement for Ron Paul" when it clearly wasn't. He came to RP's defense, yes....and that's all it was.

BTW, (and this is not directed at the person I am responding to on this thread) It seems like the people who whine and cry most about the MSM putting their own spins on RP stories to make him look bad...are the same ones who will put their own spins on stories when it is convenient and fits their agenda. You just can't do that. Please...let's not be like the one's we despise most. It makes us look insane.

RPinSEAZ
02-07-2008, 09:49 AM

These unsupported claims of conspiracy have hurt the Ron Paul revolution very badly. Apparently there are people out there with absolutely no critical thinking ability so what do you expect? The next revolution I'm part of, I will be more careful and try to make sure that the people to the left and right of me aren't going to do more damage to the cause than help.

flames2dust77
02-07-2008, 09:53 AM
These unsupported claims of conspiracy have hurt the Ron Paul revolution very badly. Apparently there are people out there with absolutely no critical thinking ability so what do you expect? The next revolution I'm part of, I will be more careful and try to make sure that the people to the left and right of me aren't going to do more damage to the cause than help.

QFT. I think that's part of what I've been trying to say but didn't know how to articulate it.

freelance
02-07-2008, 10:01 AM

Ain't that the truth.

I heard the original interview, and there was not an endorsement, and he never spoke as anything other than a private individual.

The amount of misinformation and twisted spin on these forums rivals the MSM.

smoke.stack
02-07-2008, 11:09 AM
Honestly, i think what has hurt the campaign more than anything is this "top down" mentality where you have certain individuals trying to tell everyone else how they think they should act. you waste your time trying to control everything. all this effort wasted on articulating your thoughts to protest things you cannot control. i think in any movement you are going to have individuals who do things that can be spun negatively by other campaigns, or other individuals.

but to sit here and cry about it, and then point your finger at "the ronpaulforums," as if it is some singular entity, strikes me as a failure to grasp the true meaning of individuality. in other words, it strikes me as lip service to these ideals rather than truly embracing them.