PDA

View Full Version : Why do conservatives suddenly sound like liberals?

Sematary
08-09-2007, 07:18 AM
All of a sudden, when we talk about Iraq, or any other place where there could conceivably be United States intervention, it's all about the people. But if we leave, they argue, the people will slaughter each other. It's our duty to stop that. BS. Since when did conservatives start giving a crap about people around the world? I'm not buying it. They're starting to sound like liberals - "what about the poor little animals?"
What about the SapSucker tree? I can't believe the depths of hypocrisy that some people will attempt to go to to defend a failed policy - including using "the people" as a lame excuse for getting OUR people killed. Ridiculous. Preposterous. And, of course, if you don't agree with their warped sense of "humanity" then you must hate people. Pathetic.
Let's try and set this straight right here. If the Iraqi people CHOOSE, after we leave (and we will, sooner or later) to slaughter each other - it's not our problem. It's not like they are innocent children in the womb, being ripped apart by the decision of another human being. It is all at their own discretion and I'm not going to feel bad about it because some "compassionate conservative" says I should. Find a new argument - one that doesn't make you sound like a hypocrite.

freelance
08-09-2007, 07:26 AM
Since when did conservatives start giving a crap about people around the world? I'm not buying it. They're starting to sound like liberals - "what about the poor little animals?"

Since it became the latest "cover" story.

PennCustom4RP
08-09-2007, 09:03 AM
This is because there are no longer true Republicans , nor true Democrats, both sides of the aisle have become muddled into Republicrats and Democrans, basically just politicians, spouting whatever keeps them in office.

Richie
08-09-2007, 11:05 AM
We can't spread freedom when we ourselves have none left. If we can't follow our own Constitution, what makes you think we can get Iraq to follow theirs? Hell - some even want Iraq divided into sovereign states. We don't even have sovereign states! Also, this is an undeclared war. Any true conservative would've disagreed with it from the beginning.