PDA

View Full Version : ------->Want To Win, There´s Still Time To Become A Delegate In Most States!<--------

qwerty
02-07-2008, 02:56 AM
SPREAD THIS INFO TO EVERY RON PAUL-SUPPORTER!!!!

Quit freaking out!
There is a plan, NO 3rd PARTY!!!!
By LK | February 6, 2008

PEOPLE PLEASE READ THIS SO YOU CAN
UNDERSTAND THAT WE CAN WIN THE NOMINATION AND STOP LISTENING TO THE MSM FOR YOUR INFO!

Posted February 6th, 2008 by SGPI hope someone will put this on the front page so it doesn’t get lost.

I know many of you are bummed about yesterday BUT THAT IS BECAUSE YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND HOW THE ELECTION SYSTEM WORKS : Let me explain to you the reality of how to become the nominee.

First stop looking at who wins each states popular vote for most of these states the vote by the people is really nothing but a straw poll and have no real bearing on who will become the nominee. The only way this matters is if 1 person receives 1192 delegates that are bound by state rules to be commited to that candidate. NOW there is no possible way that anyone in the race can achieve this goal now because of the major split in state wins by the candidates.

So what happens now you ask? You look at the number of delegates that Dr. Paul has that are uncommited to the other candidates and will support him. these delegates are not decided by the popular vote ie: straw poll of the people. Since no one will have enough delegates to skate them through to the nomination we now must look at how many delegates NOT VOTES but delegates Dr. Paul has that are 100% uncommited to the other candidates and will be 100% for Dr. Paul and are free to vote for whom they wish.

This race will go all the way to the convention for there is no other way for someone to receive the nomintaion untill the convention.

The RNC will convene its annual Winter Meeting - and voters will continue to cast their ballots in the nation’s primaries and caucuses. Candidates for delegate and alternate delegate to the convention will be elected - and thousands of convention participants and guests will begin planning their trips to Minneapolis-Saint Paul The first week in September 2008

SO WHAT DOES ALL THIS MEAN?

This means that all of the people that registered to become a deligate for Dr. Paul can go to the convention and cast thier vote for Dr. Paul, now think about what i just said : Do you think for one second that all the people that voted for Dr. Paul and filed to become a deligate will not show up at the convention to vote for the good Doctor? Of course they will just like they battled the rain and the sleet and the 15 below zero winter weather to knock on doors and wave signs spreading our message.

Now i assure you that even though we didn’t win the popular vote in many states WE DID PICK UP THE MAJORITY OF DELEGATES THAN ALL THE OTHER CANDIDATES IN MOST EVERY STATE EXCEPT A FEW. So yes they won the straw poll and we won what counts which is delegates.

Doesn’t Dr. Paul need to WIN 5 states to be on the ballot at the convention for the nomination?

NO THIS IS NOT TRUE for people were just confused on how it actually works.

We only need the majority of delegates from 5 states to be put on the ballot NOT THE POPULAR VOTE OF 5 STATES and i assure you we have picked up the majority of uncommitted delegates for Dr. Paul in more than 5 states.

Do any of you remember seeing posts by myself and many others that said BECOME A DELEGATE? There is still time in most states to become a delegate for the convention and we are picking up more of them every day.

So please STOP you worry too much because you do not understand how the election system works and you thought we lost didn’t you?

The fact is Dr. Paul is a genius in his strategy and we are further ahead in delegates than you think and we can win the nomination.

I hope this gives a better understanding of how we have been winning even though most of you thought we were not.

NOW LET’S KEEP WORKING!

Dr. Steve Parent

HERE IS THE DELEGATE PROCESS...from an official campaign coordinator
Posted February 6th, 2008 by bedr1

I am an official coordinator for the campaign here is the delegate process with a brief explanation of what a delegate is at the begining.

Everyone - when a candidate wins delegates by winning a primary that does not mean there are actual people won acting as delegates- these are virtual delegates.

What do I mean by virtual delegates: A virtual delegate is just a number - there are no actual people YET that will go and vote for the candidate who won the particular state at the national convention. We call these people convention delegates

The actual delegates are voted on (in most states) at a statewide delegate caucus after the Primary (which is just a giant preference poll) Who can be delegates? Anyone. In closed Primary states they must be registered Republicans, in Open Primary states they can be Republicans, Democrats, Independents.

In our Missouri county we had about 25,000 vote on the Republican side last night in the Primary but in the last delegate caucus 4 years ago there were less than 150 people that showed up to become delegates. DO YOU GET IT

Normally Convention Delegates do not matter because the convention is not brokered and we have a clear winner. BUT THIS YEAR IS DIFFERENT. Do you see how the ronpaul campaign strategy will work.

Most people have no idea how this works, not even the media.

It is not advertised much, maybe just a single newspaper ad.

to learn how to become a convention delegate contact your local Ron Paul coordinator. (NOT YOUR MEETUP ORGANIZOR)

STEP1. Contact your OFFICIAL Ron Paul Coordinator for your state. go to www.ronpaul2008.com

STEP2 Your State Coordinator will tell you when and where your
county caucus is to become a delegate or where to vote for a Ron Paul Delegate and who to contact prior to the county caucus.

STEP3 At the caucus you will vote for or run for a delegate position
to your STATE Republican Convention. Some state have District Caucuses between the county caucus and the State Convention.
The object is to get more Ron Paul supporters from every county to the district Caucus or State Convention.

STEP5 Attend the state convention as a delegate to choose
NATIONAL delegates to the Republican National Convention in Minnesota. These will be the delegates that are bound to vote for whoever won your state ON THE FIRST VOTE.

STEP6 The NATIONAL delegates elected at your state convention will vote in Minnesota for the Republican Nominee. If after the first vote no candidate gets 51% of the vote, then the National Delegates from your state are free to vote for whoever they want.
These will be Ron Paul supporters because you showed up to vote for them to become delegates or you are a delegate.

http://www.dailypaul.com/node/34640#comment-297644

-------------------->Delegate Process for ALL states<---------------------

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/uploads/pdf/125.pdf

The results are coming in and at first glance it seems discouraging. Im sure all over the world Ron Pauls supporters, their friends and families are saying one of two things: “what the hell happened” and “I told you so” What everyone needs to do is take a deep breath and remember a few things. First off these results are good. Even though it seems as though Ron Paul is coming in last, the popular votes mean NOTHING. Most of these Super Tuesday states are winner take all. What that means is if ONE candidate wins with 51% of the votes then the delegates are legally bound to vote for that winner. If no one candidate takes 51% then it becomes a brokered convention. With there being three virtual “frontrunners” there is no chance of any of the candidates taking that required 51%. Let me repeat THERE IS NO CHANCE OF ANY ONE CANDIDATE TAKING 51%. What does that mean you say? Let me break it down as simply as possible. Take Missouri for example. The Missouri caucuses are March 15th. Over a month away. On March 15th registered voters can show up at their county caucus locations to show their support for their candidate. Because there was no 51% winner then those voters are able to vote for any candidate they want. There is not much of a turnout at these caucuses. Only hard core GOP party members show up for the caucus and those numbers are not high. SO if 100 people show up at my county caucus in webster county, and 75 of us are Ron Paul supporters then we get ALL 15 OF WEBSTER COUNTIES DELEGATES. Same for each county. we can still win this election. All that needs to be done is for each and every Ron Paul supporter to show up at their county caucus. Thats it. JUST SHOW UP. at that point the real election results will be decided. The mainstream media is doing their best at brainwashing americans into believing that John McCain and Hillary are the nominees after tonight BUT THIS IS SIMPLY NOT TRUE!

Ron Paul has a lot of money. He also has a lot of support. BUT its going to take more than money and support. GET on the phone. call your friends, ask them to come to the caucus to vote for YOU as delegate. call the voters in your county, find out which ones voted for ron paul. if those people will show up at the caucus for you then he will win. Or you can sit back and cry and whine that what you did wasn’t good enough and watch our country be ruled by neocons for at least 4 more years.

The Revolution Continues!!!

BECOME A DELEGATE AND FORWARD THIS INFO TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW!

:cool:

qwerty
02-07-2008, 02:58 AM
keep This One Bumped And Spread It To Every Ron Paul Supporter You Know!

qwerty
02-07-2008, 03:05 AM
bump!

qwerty
02-07-2008, 03:14 AM
bump!

luvthedoc08
02-07-2008, 03:20 AM
oh my god bump

qwerty
02-07-2008, 03:20 AM
COME ON BOYS/GIRLS, WE WANT TO WIN THE NOMINATION!

luvthedoc08
02-07-2008, 03:22 AM
bump again, every single person needs to read this

qwerty
02-07-2008, 03:24 AM
bump again, every single person needs to read this

And we need to send this info to EVERY Ron Paul-supporter we know!

I mean EVERY!!!!!!

THE TIME IS NOW AND WE WON`T BACK DOWN!

luvthedoc08
02-07-2008, 03:24 AM
the lack of response here is disturbing, bump

qwerty
02-07-2008, 03:25 AM
the lack of response here is disturbing, bump

Yeah, it so much easier to WHINE here than do soemthing to WIN the nomination!

Play when you have the winning cards in your hands!

We have HUGE network, start contacting them, before it´s too late!

luvthedoc08
02-07-2008, 03:29 AM
i'm gonna spam the other threads with this thread

qwerty
02-07-2008, 03:30 AM
i'm gonna spam the other threads with this thread

THANKS!

Put the link in your signature!

:)

luvthedoc08
02-07-2008, 03:34 AM
THANKS!

Put the link in your signature!

ya good idea, i have a feeling everyone's asleep right now lol i just sammed the top threads and i'm still the last post. i'm gonna start e-mailing meetups now though

QCB79
02-07-2008, 03:37 AM
Bump!

CanadiansforRP
02-07-2008, 03:37 AM
I wish I could actually do something but I live in Canada. It is frustrating to read the negative comments in other threads. Did they think it was going to be easy? If they did they should WAKE UP!!! A Revolution isn't easy!!! It takes a lot of work, effort, sweat, determination, and courage. Don't talk about 3rd party runs until after all the states have voted. Don't give up.

Start doing what it takes to win and become a delegate in your state. Heck become a stealth or mole delegate.

luvthedoc08
02-07-2008, 03:40 AM
i'm gonna try and stealth my way in hardcore now, i'll act like a bloodthirsty McCainian

luvthedoc08
02-07-2008, 03:47 AM
last bump for the night i gotta go to bed, tomorrow is another day

qwerty
02-07-2008, 03:53 AM
I wish I could actually do something but I live in Canada. It is frustrating to read the negative comments in other threads. Did they think it was going to be easy? If they did they should WAKE UP!!! A Revolution isn't easy!!! It takes a lot of work, effort, sweat, determination, and courage. Don't talk about 3rd party runs until after all the states have voted. Don't give up.

Start doing what it takes to win and become a delegate in your state. Heck become a stealth or mole delegate.

You can spread this info to meetups and myspace Ron Paul supporters!

qwerty
02-07-2008, 03:59 AM
bump!

The1dle
02-07-2008, 04:06 AM
Keep up the great work!

qwerty
02-07-2008, 04:10 AM
Keep up the great work!

Please, help us spreading this info to the supporters!

PauliticsPolitics
02-07-2008, 04:23 AM
... ... Now i assure you that even though we didn’t win the popular vote in many states WE DID PICK UP THE MAJORITY OF DELEGATES THAN ALL THE OTHER CANDIDATES IN MOST EVERY STATE EXCEPT A FEW. So yes they won the straw poll and we won what counts which is delegates. ... ...
Dr. Steve Parent

Who is Dr. Steven Parent, the man who provided this intel?

I certainly understand the delegate process, but I am not sure as to why there is so much confidence that our delegates are the most numerous. I am up for some evidence to support this positive message.

qwerty
02-07-2008, 05:49 AM
BUMP!

qwerty
02-07-2008, 05:59 AM
I really don´t understand why you are not doing this ?

I really thought that we want to win this ? The answer is in front of your eyes!

Are you afraid now ?

Start spreading this INFO now!

:(

qwerty
02-07-2008, 06:22 AM
Omg....bump!

:(

Agent CSL
02-07-2008, 06:49 AM
Bump for the most loved alarmist in the forums, hehe. :p

I have some questions on becoming a delegate. A lot of sources say delegates "will go on to the national convention." --- Does this mean if I was a delegate, I'd have to travel? What?

Stupid question, I know.

qwerty
02-07-2008, 06:52 AM
Bump for the most loved alarmist in the forums, hehe. :p

Thanks...

:D

parocks
02-07-2008, 07:00 AM
Goal #1 - Stop McCain

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=114659

Excellent detailed analysis of Brokered Convention / Situational Voting / STOP MCCAIN

qwerty
02-07-2008, 07:02 AM
Goal #1 - Stop McCain

Excellent detailed analysis of Brokered Convention / Situational Voting / STOP MCCAIN

VOTE FOR RON!

I TRUST THE CAMPAIGN!

No1ButPaul08
02-07-2008, 07:04 AM
VOTE FOR RON!

Do you really think the convention is going to broker itself. This is the blind faith thread.

qwerty
02-07-2008, 07:06 AM
Do you really think the convention is going to broker itself. This is the blind faith thread.

I trust on the campaign, not you...

They know what they are doing!

THEY ARE NOT HERE FOR THE FIRST TIME!

Opulen
02-07-2008, 07:08 AM
Bump all the way baby!!

No1ButPaul08
02-07-2008, 07:09 AM
I trust on the campaign, not you...

They know what they are doing!

Please point out where I am wrong. The odds of a brokered convention at intrade.com are 9-15%. If you're so sure go clean up and donate the winnings to Ron Paul. I have an idea. Vote for Huckabee in Virginia. After all it's a vote for Ron Paul. Ron Paul has zero chance of winning the VA delegates in the vote. But Huckabee does, what don't you understand here

qwerty
02-07-2008, 07:12 AM
Please point out where I am wrong. The odds of a brokered convention at intrade.com are 9-15%. If you're so sure go clean up and donate the winnings to Ron Paul. I have an idea. Vote for Huckabee in Virginia. After all it's a vote for Ron Paul. Ron Paul has zero chance of winning the VA delegates in the vote. But Huckabee does, what don't you understand here

MY POINT IS THAT, I TRUST THE CAMPAIGN AND WILL STAND BEHIND THEIR DECICIONS, NOT BEHIND SOME INTERNET GUY...

THIS CAMPAIGN IS NOT HERE FOR THE FIRST TIME, THEY HAVE HAD THE SAME PLAN FROM THE BEGINNING AND IT THINK THEY KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING, SO I STAND BEHIND THEM.

IF YOU THINK YOUR IDEA IS THE BEST, YOU SHOULD CONTACT THE CAMPAIGN WITH IT, NOT SPREAD IT AROUND HERE ANONYMOUSLY...

No1ButPaul08
02-07-2008, 07:15 AM
MY POINT IS THAT, I TRUST THE CAMPAIGN AND WILL STAND BEHIND THEIR DECICIONS, NOT BEHIND SOME INTERNET GUY...

THIS CAMPAIGN IS NOT HERE FOR THE FIRST TIME, THEY HAVE HAD THE SAME PLAN FROM THE BEGINNING AND IT THINK THEY KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING, SO I STAND BEHIND THEM.

IF YOU THINK YOUR IDEA IS THE BEST, YOU SHOULD CONTACT THE CAMPAIGN WITH IT, NOT SPREAD IT AROUND HERE ANONYMOUSLY...

The campaign can't have much involvement in this, that would be a joke. This whole campaign has been grassroots. I presented an idea that can't hurt RP in any way, in fact probably the only way he has a chance.

misa
02-07-2008, 07:15 AM
bump

qwerty
02-07-2008, 07:16 AM
Bump all the way baby!!

Thanks....

:D

qwerty
02-07-2008, 07:19 AM
The campaign can't have much involvement in this, that would be a joke. This whole campaign has been grassroots. I presented an idea that can't hurt RP in any way, in fact probably the only way he has a chance.

I think campaign allready did something what you are saying...

Ron Paul delegates to the state convention swung their support to Huckabee – putting Huckabee over the top – after Congressman Paul was eliminated in the first round of voting. With three national delegates, Ron Paul secured 17 percent of the 18 delegates that were decided at the State Convention.

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/press-releases/235/ron-paul-secures-three-delegates-in-west-virginia-state-convention

qwerty
02-07-2008, 07:25 AM
Bump!

No1ButPaul08
02-07-2008, 07:25 AM
I think campaign allready did something what you are saying...

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/press-releases/235/ron-paul-secures-three-delegates-in-west-virginia-state-convention

They have, but this is on a much, much grander scale.
That was about getting delegates, this is about stoping John McCain, the only chance for a brokered convention

KevinDW78
02-07-2008, 07:34 AM
I just contacted my state coordinater for info on my county ;)

qwerty
02-07-2008, 07:35 AM
Bump!

qwerty
I just contacted my state coordinater for info on my county ;)

THANK YOU!

No1ButPaul08
Also, my thread does not undermine this effort at all. We are still trying to get backroom delegates. We are not going to win them straight up. We must stop John McCain.

nc4rp
02-07-2008, 07:41 AM
if all goes well in NC, i will see you all in Minnasota in september.

qwerty
02-07-2008, 07:42 AM
if all goes well in NC, i will see you all in Minnasota in september.

Please, forward this info to every Ron Paul supporter you know!

qwerty
02-07-2008, 08:00 AM
Bump!

qwerty
02-07-2008, 08:22 AM
BUMP!

Bradley in DC
02-07-2008, 08:22 AM
qwerty, you manage to take every worst canard and put them in one post.

[Edit, to be fair, no, you left out the billionaire savior ones]

qwerty
02-07-2008, 08:23 AM
qwerty, you manage to take every worst canard and put them in one post.

??????What´s wrong ??????

Encouraging people to become delegates is wrong ?

:rolleyes:

No1ButPaul08
02-07-2008, 08:36 AM

No, but putting blind faith into the brokered convention while not having a clue about the process, is.

qwerty
02-07-2008, 09:23 AM
Bump!

Mortikhi
02-07-2008, 09:23 AM
if I'm reading correctly, its too late to become a delegate in florida.

Bradley in DC
02-07-2008, 09:25 AM

Encouraging people to become delegates is not wrong, of course not. However, simplistic one-size-fits-all pipe dreams based on bad info does more harm than good.

Analysis and recommendations have to be very state-specific. Taking info for one state and urging it in other states with different rules is counter-productive--which is exactly what you're doing here.

On top of that, there is just so much totally bad information here.

First stop looking at who wins each states popular vote for most of these states the vote by the people is really nothing but a straw poll and have no real bearing on who will become the nominee. The only way this matters is if 1 person receives 1192 delegates that are bound by state rules to be commited to that candidate. NOW there is no possible way that anyone in the race can achieve this goal now because of the major split in state wins by the candidates.

This is a load of crap on so many levels: votes do have bearing on choosing delegates that choose the nominee; one can get 1192 votes from unbound and bound delegates; there are enough votes outstanding for McCain to win outright.

Now i assure you that even though we didn’t win the popular vote in many states WE DID PICK UP THE MAJORITY OF DELEGATES THAN ALL THE OTHER CANDIDATES IN MOST EVERY STATE EXCEPT A FEW. So yes they won the straw poll and we won what counts which is delegates.

This is just delusional ranting: someone call for a straight-jacket. The delusions are based on an understanding of the process from Anson's site that is, to be charitable, well-meaning but laughable:

Do any of you remember seeing posts by myself and many others that said BECOME A DELEGATE? There is still time in most states to become a delegate for the convention and we are picking up more of them every day.

On the other post, this is a load of crap for many other states:

Everyone - when a candidate wins delegates by winning a primary that does not mean there are actual people won acting as delegates- these are virtual delegates. What do I mean by virtual delegates: A virtual delegate is just a number - there are no actual people YET that will go and vote for the candidate who won the particular state at the national convention. We call these people convention delegates

In straight primary states, the presidential contender recruits a slate of "delegate candidates" to compete with the slates of "delegate candidates" from his competitors. These names are filed with the state secretary of state/board of election and are part of the public record (in some states, the delegates' names are actually printed on the ballot). I am the one who recruited the initial slate for Dr. Paul in DC. Whoever wins the primary sends their slate of (now) delegates to the national nominating convention (there are no state conventions, etc., in these states).

Unless you think every other state is exactly like Missouri, you are hurting our efforts.

First off these results are good. Even though it seems as though Ron Paul is coming in last, the popular votes mean NOTHING. Most of these Super Tuesday states are winner take all. What that means is if ONE candidate wins with 51% of the votes then the delegates are legally bound to vote for that winner. If no one candidate takes 51% then it becomes a brokered convention. With there being three virtual “frontrunners” there is no chance of any of the candidates taking that required 51%. Let me repeat THERE IS NO CHANCE OF ANY ONE CANDIDATE TAKING 51%.

Load of crap. The results were NOT good--they were the piss-poor results you'd expect from an official campaign staff that is almost totally incompetent; they are the weak link in the rEVOLution, stop deferring to them. The popular votes do mean something--in many states it is the ONLY thing that matters. The author confuses the rules for winner-take-all and bound--they are entirely separate. There is VERY MUCH a chance that McCain would get a majority of the delegates, yes.

qwerty
02-07-2008, 09:27 AM
No, but putting blind faith into the brokered convention while not having a clue about the process, is.

Where are you getting your delegate numbers, from CNN ?

dsentell
02-07-2008, 09:44 AM
The delegate process in my state begins March 15. Huck garnered the most votes in my county, so I plan to try to get in as a Huck delegate (barf) :D

qwerty
02-07-2008, 09:49 AM
Encouraging people to become delegates is not wrong, of course not. However, simplistic one-size-fits-all pipe dreams based on bad info does more harm than good.

Analysis and recommendations have to be very state-specific. Taking info for one state and urging it in other states with different rules is counter-productive--which is exactly what you're doing here.

This is a load of crap on so many levels: votes do have bearing on choosing delegates that choose the nominee; one can get 1192 votes from unbound and bound delegates; there are enough votes outstanding for McCain to win outright.

This is just delusional ranting: someone call for a straight-jacket. The delusions are based on an understanding of the process from Anson's site that is, to be charitable, well-meaning but laughable:

In straight primary states, the presidential contender recruits a slate of "delegate candidates" to compete with the slates of "delegate candidates" from his competitors. These names are filed with the state secretary of state/board of election and are part of the public record (in some states, the delegates' names are actually printed on the ballot). I am the one who recruited the initial slate for Dr. Paul in DC. Whoever wins the primary sends their slate of (now) delegates to the national nominating convention (there are no state conventions, etc., in these states).

Unless you think every other state is exactly like Missouri, you are hurting our efforts.

Load of crap. The results were NOT good--they were the piss-poor results you'd expect from an official campaign staff that is almost totally incompetent; they are the weak link in the rEVOLution, stop deferring to them. The popular votes do mean something--in many states it is the ONLY thing that matters. The author confuses the rules for winner-take-all and bound--they are entirely separate. There is VERY MUCH a chance that McCain would get a majority of the delegates, yes.

I thought this link would tell people much about their own state,

------------------->Delegate Process for ALL states<---------------------

No1ButPaul08
02-07-2008, 09:58 AM
Where are you getting your delegate numbers, from CNN ?

I calculated them myself. McCain is steamrolling to the nomination. Bradley knows what he's talking about.

qwerty
02-07-2008, 09:59 AM
I calculated them myself. McCain is steamrolling to the nomination. Bradley knows what he's talking about.

Show us your calculations ?

thompsonisland
02-07-2008, 10:00 AM
I am totally confused at this point. Is it possible to accumulate enough delegates at this point, or not? I am a delegate, and I am not giving up hope, but I am just wondering how to manage my energy here.

Jae0
02-07-2008, 10:08 AM

Some people are just looking for excuses to sit on their asses and do nothing and love being the foreseers of dooooooooom.

No1ButPaul08
02-07-2008, 10:11 AM

I went through state by state, pledged unpleged, not going to do that here

McCain's delegates aren't going anywhere. They're mostly from states where McCain chose his slate and he would have to release them. He's at about 720. I suppose twenty of these might possibly jump, if they even can. There's a reason he's 93% to win the nomination on intrade.com. I try to gamble for a living, Successful pro gamblers are some of the smartest, objective, un-emotional people you can meet. They set the odds. The money says John McCain is 93% to win and about 9% for a brokered convention. Either something changes or McCain is a lock

Bradley in DC
02-07-2008, 10:17 AM
I thought this link would tell people much about their own state,
------------------->Delegate Process for ALL states<---------------------

Rolling eyes aside, you urge deferring to the official campaign that (before Messrs. Tate and Elam came on board) couldn't have won a primary if Dr. Paul were the only one on the ballot.

The reason they now post the link you provide is that I and everyone else had to keep contacting them to correct their bad information on delegates. If you look closely, you'll find some similarities to the link from the RNC that is in all of my posts (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=104384) on this:
http://www.gop.com/images/Press_State_Summaries.pdf

qwerty
02-07-2008, 10:21 AM
Rolling eyes aside, you urge deferring to the official campaign that (before Messrs. Tate and Elam came on board) couldn't have one a primary if Dr. Paul were the only one on the ballot.

The reason they now post the link you provide is that I and everyone else had to keep contacting them to correct their bad information on delegates. If you look closely, you'll find some similarities to the link from the RNC that is in all of my posts (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=104384) on this:
http://www.gop.com/images/Press_State_Summaries.pdf

But that link is right, isn´t it ?

No1ButPaul08
02-07-2008, 10:22 AM

It's from the GOP, it's right

Bradley in DC
02-07-2008, 10:27 AM

Yes, for a summary, yes. (apparently except in LA where they don't think they need to follow the rules! :p)

Do you understand and agree with the other substantive critiques I made about the posts you're promoting? It is those kinds of approaches and analyses (including from HQ) that are why we are doing so poorly winning elections and delegates.

If you want to join us in urging people to learn the rules for their respective states and plot strategies on how best to win the most delegates in each one (or any one), that would be great!

But no, as you started it, this thread does far more harm than good.

qwerty
02-07-2008, 11:07 AM
Yes, for a summary, yes. (apparently except in LA where they don't think they need to follow the rules! :p)

Do you understand and agree with the other substantive critiques I made about the posts you're promoting? It is those kinds of approaches and analyses (including from HQ) that are why we are doing so poorly winning elections and delegates.

If you want to join us in urging people to learn the rules for their respective states and plot strategies on how best to win the most delegates in each one (or any one), that would be great!

But no, as you started it, this thread does far more harm than good.

I don´t understand what´s the problem here since there is that OFFICIAL DOCUMENT IN THE FIRST POST...

Bradley in DC
02-07-2008, 12:07 PM
I don´t understand what´s the problem here since there is that OFFICIAL DOCUMENT IN THE FIRST POST...

These are the problems:

Everyone - when a candidate wins delegates by winning a primary that does not mean there are actual people won acting as delegates- these are virtual delegates. What do I mean by virtual delegates: A virtual delegate is just a number - there are no actual people YET that will go and vote for the candidate who won the particular state at the national convention. We call these people convention delegates

First off these results are good. Even though it seems as though Ron Paul is coming in last, the popular votes mean NOTHING. Most of these Super Tuesday states are winner take all. What that means is if ONE candidate wins with 51% of the votes then the delegates are legally bound to vote for that winner. If no one candidate takes 51% then it becomes a brokered convention. With there being three virtual “frontrunners” there is no chance of any of the candidates taking that required 51%. Let me repeat THERE IS NO CHANCE OF ANY ONE CANDIDATE TAKING 51%.

josephadel_3
02-07-2008, 12:27 PM
This means that all of the people that registered to become a deligate for Dr. Paul can go to the convention and cast thier vote for Dr. Paul, now think about what i just said : Do you think for one second that all the people that voted for Dr. Paul and filed to become a deligate will not show up at the convention to vote for the good Doctor? Of course they will just like they battled the rain and the sleet and the 15 below zero winter weather to knock on doors and wave signs spreading our message.

This is verging on delusion. I would really like some proof that we have the MAJORITY of delegates. This is a far fetched claim.

Bradley in DC
02-07-2008, 12:32 PM

This is verging on delusion. I would really like some proof that we have the MAJORITY of delegates. This is a far fetched claim.

It's not "verging on delusion" it IS delusion. Promoting it here only embarrasses us all, excuses HQ incompetence and hurts the movement.

josephadel_3
02-07-2008, 12:35 PM
I'm all for remaining optimistic, but bumping a thread because it makes you feel good will do nothing for Ron Paul.

-lotus-
02-07-2008, 12:37 PM
is it still possible to be a delegate in california??

Bradley in DC
02-07-2008, 12:39 PM
is it still possible to be a delegate in california??

No.

OferNave
02-07-2008, 01:01 PM
A million times BUMP! Nothing more important in the world right now.

OferNave
02-07-2008, 01:02 PM
I'm all for remaining optimistic, but bumping a thread because it makes you feel good will do nothing for Ron Paul.

Peer pressure, man. :) Whatever works. It took me a month of seeing everyone shouting "be a delegate!" before I got off my ass and looked it up.

josephadel_3
02-07-2008, 01:04 PM
Peer pressure, man. :) Whatever works. It took me a month of seeing everyone shouting "be a delegate!" before I got off my ass and looked it up.

Convincing you to be a delegate is entirely different from forcing you to accept words as truth without any factual evidence. This method does not work. It's just another step towards complacency.

LibertasPraesidium
02-07-2008, 02:38 PM
ive emailed it to my groups and posted links everywhere i can. WE WILL NOT LOSE, we cant, i mean as long as we dont ever give up we cant lose :-):D

Highland
02-07-2008, 03:23 PM
Thanks for the info and the faith!

“How’d Ron Paul Do That??!!!” - Ask Republican and Democratic Candidates

Regardless of what the media is saying…or quite literally not saying, about Dr. Paul’s huge grassroots effort for the nomination of the Republican Party…what they have to be thinking is “How’d he do that???!!!”. Our small Ron Paul Army has organized with little help from the official campaign and produced from our mostly meager incomes. RON PAUL is probably VERY, VERY Attractive to any Presidential candidate for his ABILITY with FUND RAISING and Grassroots organization! They have had to consider what a Ron Paul would do to their campaign stagnation with the American People to financially support their run. All the candidates have spent till the cows come home in the race and are all but Tapped Out! One question that keeps ringing like a bell in their heads must be….how to get enough to make it until November??? They must be looking at the numbers and trying to appeal with similar language, (not the same exactly) that is Ron Paul’s platform. Probably they are thinking… hey lets steal his message and that will fill the vaccum that is motivating people to donate! That would account for Obama’s Reagan comments and new Money Bombs, Huckabee’s song on taxes, and McCain’s border security flip-flop! They have to be looking at the facts…even if they think the American people are too busy to figure it out trying to make ends meet. A good strategist would look at the savings Ron Paul is offering to the federal spending spree of a 150 Billion dollar cut and notice that everybody else is still promising the moon with an 80’s model space-ship! There is no way to get the slack out of the market without obvious spending cuts on our biggest expense…our empire all over the globe.

My point is not to say that the other candidates will still win and choose Dr. Paul as a VP…it is to say THE TIDES ARE TURNING! If they have to look to Dr. Paul for his message, fundraising and the economy……they are weakening and not true leaders. A true leader is a visionary and that is why he recieves more donations than others..people are energized with a true visionary, and then they want to be a part of it. The other candidates would err with the thinking that they can dance and sing like Dr. Paul and have the same result. The farce in that thinking is that the song doesn’t sound as sweet! People who hear Dr. Paul’s words…are enamored, not because he is a rock star, but because they hear a voice of truth that resonates in the fabric of our spirits…the AMERICAN SPIRIT! That is why the media will not let us hear even the sound of his voice…because people know the sound of truth, as it is almost a human innate sense.

Getting ads out with Dr. Paul’s voice is extremely important for this reason. Not only his voice of truth but also the actual, unscripted truth of his supporters is also infectuous. We have to help people hear him, so his message has half a chance to resonate within our souls. Our company made free ad downloads that exemplify this need for the campaign…no mysterious voice-overs that could be for any of the candidates. The battle, just like the government should be, is at the local level! We have the power to take back the local media for Dr. Paul, and here is your sword!

The grassroots campaign of Dr. Paul needs to think about the idea that we have to begin chipping away at the media blackout locally like Dr. Paul does when he goes to a state that others are not campaigning in...the media swells locally for him...if we prepare the media with ads run on local stations before he arrives in a particular state...then that doubles his exposure!

Then add a big Paulapaloosa statewide party with music and even more importantly , vendors, then WHAMMO!!! That is national news. It is a funnel upward approach to the national media blackout. Of course they do not report us...cause we are a grassroots campaign not a national one! WE have to start locally...grassroots media, that is where our power is! Our company has produced Ron Paul ads for you to download for free and take to your local TV/Radio Stations to air. Please consider why we are more powerful locally than nationally and that will help us fight the Media Blackout with the AD BOMB! WE are currently working on an economic ad and a constitutional ad with Peter Schiff (Dr. Paul's honorable economic advisor) and the SC RP headquarters. We are the only company removing all barriers for meetups to air ads without having to produce them also. Chipin if you think this is a valuable resource for grassroots organizations to help Dr. Paul become the President of the USA!

http://www.highlandmediaworks.com/ronpaulad2

http://www.highlandmediaworks.com/ronpaulad

menoname
02-08-2008, 06:39 AM
Bump

lancey3
02-08-2008, 08:43 AM
is ohio still open?

Redcard
02-08-2008, 08:45 AM
Please be aware.. if you are a delegate, you MUST be willing and able to get time off and have funding for travel to your state convention, and to Minnesota. You do us no good if you have to get replaced by an alternate.

fabijo
02-08-2008, 09:22 AM
is ohio still open?

Looks like Ohio's group is pretty organized. Get in contact with the leaders here:

http://www.ohio4ronpaul.com/

Ohio's delegates' names were submitted in January. According to the blog entry on January 5th, at large delegates and congressional district delegates were filed the day prior. Now it is Ohio's job to win those delegates on March 4!

Ohio's delegates are "morally bound" by the primary, not legally bound.

polexi
02-08-2008, 09:23 AM
Is it too late for Pennsylvania? Would love to.

polexi
02-08-2008, 09:34 AM
bump

ike
02-08-2008, 09:39 AM
Please be aware.. if you are a delegate, you MUST be willing and able to get time off and have funding for travel to your state convention, and to Minnesota. You do us no good if you have to get replaced by an alternate.

Speaking of alternates, if your states delegation is fully, get Ron Paul alternates for Romney delegates. Would you spend the money to travel to Minnesota if your candidate dropped out? I wouldn't. Get Romney's delegates.

The national convention is in St. PAUL, after all.

josephadel_3
02-08-2008, 11:57 AM

I reject this. A state delegate can vote for a RP delegate to go to Minnesota. How am I going to get 400 dollars to go to MN?

Bradley in DC
02-08-2008, 12:18 PM

As with all of the delegate discussion, it depends on the circumstances in each states. All of these types of discussions should be in the state specific subfora.

In straight primary states where the candidate picks the slate of delegates and alternate delegates--especially as part of ballot petitioning--willing to step forward even knowing we'll need to substitute you out can be a HUGE benefit to getting the ball running.

Bradley in DC
02-08-2008, 12:20 PM
Is it too late for Pennsylvania? Would love to.

Please posts state specific questions in your respective state subforum--or look and see if the question is already answered there.

Redcard
02-08-2008, 12:22 PM
I reject this. A state delegate can vote for a RP delegate to go to Minnesota. How am I going to get 400 dollars to go to MN?

You CAN vote for other delegates, but be ready to be voted for the role yourself.

Look at it this way. Imagine a state has 1000 total delegates from the start, and is going to send 10 to MN.

At your precinct, the 1000 delegates get together, and select (at each of their precincts) 1 or 2 or 5 delegates to go to the county. At the county, the now 500 people get together and select 1 or 2 or 10 or howmany to go to the state. At the state, the 100 or so select 10 to go to Minnesota, and ten alternates.

Now the numbers may be off. But here's the KEY POINT. You have to be READY to be the one voted to go to Minnesota no matter who you are. Yes, you can get together and decide Ron Paul Supporter #34 is going to be the delegate you vote for, but what happens if he has a tragic accident the week before and an alternate needs to go?

The point is, you MUST be ready to go to Minnesota if you want to be a delegate. That's the "end goal." That's the "Point" of being a delegate.

BrettCates
02-08-2008, 12:40 PM
Can We Post A List Of Contacts???

tonyr1988
02-08-2008, 12:49 PM
bumpity bump bump bump

thompsonisland
02-08-2008, 01:13 PM
I think that we need to raise money for delegates to MN from this forum. We need to be organized and professional, so there is no opportunity for shadyness. How would we go about that?

ziggrl
02-08-2008, 04:41 PM
Mods should sticky this.

Bradley in DC
02-08-2008, 04:51 PM
Mods should sticky this.

Mods would be ill-advised to stickly all of the most delusional rants hurting our chances of doing serious work to get Dr. Paul elected.

IRONCLAD
02-08-2008, 05:00 PM
bump.