PDA

View Full Version : The Revoltuion March on D.C. Project has just pre-launched

rayzer
02-07-2008, 01:23 AM
http://www.digg.com/politics/The_R3VOLUTION_MARCH_on_D_C_Project

Airborn
02-07-2008, 01:25 AM
if we can get alot of marchers count me in!

RockEnds
02-07-2008, 01:29 AM
Well, that's a really good idea. But, maybe a day that's not Hitler's birthday might be better. Maybe.

malkusm
02-07-2008, 01:29 AM
I'm down. Live about 2 hours from DC...go to school about 4 hours away. Could definitely make a day trip of it ;)

Airborn
02-07-2008, 01:38 AM
Well, that's a really good idea. But, maybe a day that's not Hitler's birthday might be better. Maybe.

true dont do it on hitler's b-day! You know how they will spin that one...

Havax
02-07-2008, 01:42 AM
I'd be there.

RedLightning
02-07-2008, 01:42 AM
Move it up a day to 4/19, start of the original American Revolution.

RockEnds
02-07-2008, 01:44 AM
Move it up a day to 4/19, start of the original American Revolution.

Now that would be the perfect day.

Dequeant
02-07-2008, 01:45 AM
Very interesting. I always wished in the back of my mind that all of us RP supporters could organize a march on DC.

I'm in florida, but i'd be in on it. Organizers would get to set up transportation, as with 20,000 people i'm sure parking will be somewhat of a problem.

Funny thing is that my first thought was "gee, i hope the DC gun ban is overturned so i can carry concealed in DC" lol.

bcreps85
02-07-2008, 01:47 AM
If we get enough people I will do my absolute best to be there!

midevilmark
02-07-2008, 02:14 AM
We need to move it up one day to the 19th of April. This date has a lot of meaning for the start of the second American Revolution!!!!!!! It is important to show the elites that we are a force and will not go away, not today, not next year, not ever. THE IDEA OF FREEDOM HAS NO EXPIRATION DATE!!!!!!!!!

damon04
02-07-2008, 02:26 AM
Bump!!

qwerty
02-07-2008, 02:38 AM
Awesome, i will spread the info everywhere, when the web-site comes!

:cool:

damon04
02-07-2008, 03:24 AM
bump

qwerty
02-08-2008, 06:54 AM
Bump!

KevinR
02-08-2008, 07:00 AM
10 minutes away 4tw :D

tommyzDad
02-08-2008, 07:14 AM
I'm in. I'm in NoVa!
(I see "Ghandi" is going to be there. Will "V" be there?) ;)

JenaS62
02-08-2008, 07:39 AM
Very interesting. I always wished in the back of my mind that all of us RP supporters could organize a march on DC.

I'm in florida, but i'd be in on it. Organizers would get to set up transportation, as with 20,000 people i'm sure parking will be somewhat of a problem.

Funny thing is that my first thought was "gee, i hope the DC gun ban is overturned so i can carry concealed in DC" lol..

I think a road trip on a bus full of RP supporters sounds like a blast. I'm in.

Roxi
02-08-2008, 07:46 AM
ha ha who chose the 420 date? :D

robert4rp08
02-08-2008, 07:53 AM
Great Idea!!!

Suggestion: You should make it a little later to allow for more planning. Also, if you made it in April/May more students would probably show up because of Spring Break.

EDIT: Nevermind date changed already

NewPatriot
02-08-2008, 08:02 AM
Notable events:

April 19, 1775 - American Revolutionary War: The Battle of Lexington and Concord which began the American Revolutionary War.

April 19, 1933 - President Franklin D. Roosevelt announces that the United States will be abandoning the gold standard.

April 19, 1971 - Vietnam War: Vietnam Veterans Against the War begin a five-day demonstration in Washington, DC.

April 19, 1976 - Executive Order 9066 is rescinded.

April 19, 1993 - The 51-day siege of the Branch Davidian building outside Waco, Texas, USA, ends when a fire breaks out. Eighty-one people die.

April 19, 1995 - Oklahoma City bombing: The Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, USA, is bombed, killing 168. That same day convicted murderer Richard Wayne Snell, who had ties to bombing suspect Timothy McVeigh, was executed in Arkansas.

You can see more on Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/April_19

virginiakid
02-08-2008, 08:04 AM
April 15, 2008 would be better.

virginiakid
02-08-2008, 08:05 AM
April 15, 2008 can be a great selling tool.

robert4rp08
02-08-2008, 08:49 AM
"April 19, 1775 - American Revolutionary War: The Battle of Lexington and Concord which began the American Revolutionary War."

That would be perfect!

robert4rp08
02-08-2008, 08:50 AM
April 15 would be good too, but April 19 is on a Saturday. More people would be able to attend!

Deborah K
02-08-2008, 08:52 AM
I live in Cali. But we'll be there.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
02-08-2008, 08:56 AM
I will be there and I will bring a truck load with me!

btw, I agree... let's bump it up a day!

Deborah K
02-08-2008, 09:00 AM
I hope this is for real, I just mass emailed it.

scar
02-08-2008, 09:04 AM
I will be bringing a car full of people from Minnesota!

LETS ROCK

sgrooms
02-08-2008, 09:32 AM
ill come from arizona if 10,000 people pledge to go.

fuzzybekool
02-08-2008, 10:24 AM
bump

qwerty
02-08-2008, 10:33 AM
Bump!

jrich4rpaul
02-08-2008, 10:34 AM
Hitler's birthday?

Change the damn date! WTF!

virginiakid
02-08-2008, 10:40 AM
I always wondered why great things happen in April. Whether these great things are for the good or for the bad.

What events started in April. What makes April such a brush fire for people?

MrAustin
02-08-2008, 11:22 AM
I think the date should be moved to July 4th. April is right around the corner and frankly, I don't think that gives us enough time. If we do it right, this can be eye popping jaw dropping and earth shakingly MONUMENTAL. If it isn't - it won't do much for the fight for freedom (though I would still support it - even if it was ten people.) But if this is HUGE, and if we can get Dr. Paul to be the Keynote speaker, we might get some real attention.

We need more time to promote it and to organize it.

Just my opinion - as I start to really think about it...

CUnknown
02-08-2008, 11:30 AM
4/20 is a drug reference, lol.. I'm sure it has nothing to do with Hitler's birthday.

That being said, July 4th is a better date. There will be tons of people in DC, however, and that may provide some difficulty in getting hotel accomodations. On the plus side, there would be tons of people to see us march. But, we would need some serious organization to do it on the 4th. We should rent out an entire (cheap) hotel now. Imagine the fun! Our own hotel! :D

NewPatriot
02-08-2008, 11:31 AM
I think the date should be moved to July 4th. April is right around the corner and frankly, I don't think that gives us enough time. If we do it right, this can be eye popping jaw dropping and earth shakingly MONUMENTAL. If it isn't - it won't do much for the fight for freedom (though I would still support it - even if it was ten people.) But if this is HUGE, and if we can get Dr. Paul to be the Keynote speaker, we might get some real attention.

Not too mention the crowd and press that is already there for the fireworks every year... Thousands of people crash the Mall every Forth of July.

virginiakid
02-08-2008, 11:33 AM
You do need time, usually these things are planned a year in advance. You have logistics, hotel arrangements. Flight pick-up, paper work and everything else that may come up.

polexi
02-08-2008, 11:36 AM
I'm down. Live about 2 hours from DC...go to school about 4 hours away. Could definitely make a day trip of it ;)

Takes about two hours from West Chester, Pennsylvania. :) I-95 the whole way pretty much.

polexi
02-08-2008, 11:37 AM

We need more time to promote it and to organize it.

Just my opinion - as I start to really think about it...

I agree with this, but can you imagine how PACKED it would be even getting to D.C?

:eek:

slamhead
02-08-2008, 11:38 AM
Join with this thread...we have allies.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=116030

thehittgirl
02-08-2008, 11:41 AM
Now that would be the perfect day.

Oklahoma City/ Waco-Ruby Ridge day. Bah just do it....Political correctness sucks!

scar
02-08-2008, 11:43 AM
MODs, could we get our own sub-forum for this event please? I have a feeling this could be huge. What do you guys think about a later date, May-July? July 4th would be amazing...

theantirobot
02-08-2008, 11:52 AM
I'll be there. Don't think the media will give this any attention though.

scar
02-08-2008, 12:05 PM
Ideas to get the word out

**Of course we cannot do this until we've decided on a specific date, so that should be our first priority obviously. OP - Please feel free to PM me as I am willing to help as much as possible with my allotted time**

1. Print flyer's to put up in your city / around town
(I think this could be an easy "home project" that could boost this thing to the next level..)

2. Mass email
(I don't know who's exactly in charge of the meetup group emails and what not, but if we could assign certain groups of people to be in charge of emailing supporters that could help a lot I think. Say, ever few weeks or so to keep people updated on what's going on)

3. Youtube videos
(This one's a no-brainer and a great opportunity for you artistic video editing people out there to really shine. We could make some very nice videos for this monumental event, similar to the quality of the super bowl commercials. Make them viral!)

4. Blogs, diggs, forums, rest of Internet
(If we really want 10,000+ Ron Paul supporters to attend this thing from all across the country, we need to seriously make this event known throughout the entire Internet. Keep people updated not only on this forum, but on other forums about the march. Again, we could assign a certain group of supporters to a certain forum as their "task" so to say)

5. Chip-in - Donations
(Like previous people have stated, we're gonna need some money for this obviously. I'm sure we could raise MORE then enough if we really gave it our all. This could be HUGE for the campaign guys. Think of the media exposure, especially on the 4th of July if we chose that date? I personally already know it would be the most memorable 4th in my entire life)

6. Written letters, mailers, slim-jim handouts
(I suppose this could be in the flyer's section, but we need to use every tool in our arsenal for this one guys! I'm thinking using the rebate money we get back in April to print slim-jims possibly?)

What do you guys think of the organization method of assigning certain people to do certain tasks? We could make a list of people's name's and their duties to spread the word. No matter how big or small, no help is ever wasted!

***Let's brainstorm!***

scar
02-08-2008, 12:41 PM
Bump

MrAustin
02-08-2008, 01:25 PM
I agree with this, but can you imagine how PACKED it would be even getting to D.C?

:eek:

Very good point. I have actually been in DC on the 4th, and on that day, it already looks like there's a March on Washington - and there's TONS of security and alot of blocked off areas. Also, there would be two huge crowds of people there for two very different resons crammed into a relatively small space and things might get out of hand.

I do think we need much more time to plan this though. Before the RNC for sure, but late in the summer to early fall would give us time to do it right.

And I agree - this topic needs it's own sub-forum, or at least a sticky.

scar
02-08-2008, 01:32 PM
Ok, good point polexi and austin, scratch the 4th idea. How about middle of July or June? Not to come off as arrogant, but I just don't see enough preparation being done prior to an April date.

Jim_Karr
02-08-2008, 01:32 PM
Is there a drive in close by we could rent for a big screen show allso? Maybe put some McCains movies on it with loud speakers that can be seen and heard by all?
Should take down some candidates while at it if possible.

scar
02-08-2008, 01:35 PM
Is there a drive in close by we could rent for a big screen show allso? Maybe put some McCains movies on it with loud speakers that can be seen and heard by all?
Should take down some candidates while at it if possible.

Awesome idea! We really need to start up a donation website or put a chip-in on the official site to start raising money for all of this.

I just thought of a potential problem for donating. How will we convince the majority of supporters to donate to this when it's not to the official campaign? That's assuming we do not get official campaign support backed behind this event. To combat the idea of potential fraud that is. Not saying the OP is going to steal our money hehe but people just don't trust other people.

cdgwinn
02-08-2008, 01:46 PM
Train ticket from Raleigh to DC $43, Not having to find a parking space, Priceless

Inflation
02-08-2008, 03:24 PM
If the Supreme Court repeals the 2nd Amendment with judicial fiat,
expect to see 100,000 to 1,000,000 gun owners march on DC.