PDA

View Full Version : California Primaries Rigged????

hillertexas
02-06-2008, 11:16 PM
Help if you can...

http://www.ronpaulforum.com/showthread.php?t=303793

I am a prescient leader in Vallejo Ca, and have been in touch with our headquarters for Ron Paul as well as with our chairman for the Ron Paul campaign within Northern California. What we have both personally experienced and have been getting tons of calls on is voter disenfranchisement at the poles yesterday. Let me explain; My son came with me to vote. He had changed his registration from American Independent to Republican so he could vote for Ron Paul and he met the deadline requirement by one day but was still shown as an American Independent Party member.

There was also another woman there who had changed her registration to Republican to vote the same way. They were told that they were not on the Republican list and could vote as Republican because they were assigned as another party. My son asked for a provisional ballet and was told no. They just crossed both names off the list of registered voters.

My son said, I won't vote other than Republican.The other woman said the same. Those running the poles (who by the way all except two, had very heavy accents. Not Spanish or Phillpino as is prevelent in my area but these people were like Ukraine or something.And they had no idea of what else to do.

So, I came home and called the Registrars Office (not the number on the registration forms or in the phone book because they were all experiencing technical difficulities), I called a number I googled and got through 5 min before they were closed for the day.

The person I spoke with had no knowledge to anything. So she looked up my sons name and sure enough he was timely registered as a Republican. We were then told to go back to the pole and that they would make a call to those there as to the situation. Apparently, an updated add on list was attached to the list of voters of which none of those working the poles knew of. Those running the poles were very incompetent. Why would we want people like this running our election poles? Maybe we should have stepped up to the plate. I think these people had their hearts in the right direction but didn't know the inn's and outs.

Anyway, I find out now that this wasn't just a clerical error but a fast moving problem across the entire state of California. So, apparently, the Republican Neo -cons were prepared to sabotages our votes. Also, the regions all of which are divided into areas came up with the same number of votes and this doesn't make any sense.

I am wanting to get to the bottom of this. If you do as well, lets form a group of people who want their vote counted and, count the real votes that came in. We can do this folks! I know it. I am thinking we need an 800# with a pre -recorded message that meets the need here with an option to leave contact info so that they may be called back.

In droves we can make the neo-con heads spin!! Are any of you with me here? I am so open for ideas. Thanks and God Bless You! Debbie

Debbie Gladen

sb10
02-06-2008, 11:21 PM
FWIW, I registered Republican in November to vote for RP and applied for an absentee ballot. When I got my first election materials in the mail they were Democrat materials. I was on the phone instantly with the registrar the next day. They looked me up and saw I was correctly registered Republican, and they sent me out Republican absentee materials within a week.

Had I not voted absentee and had time to fix the problem, I might have encountered the same situation voting live at the polling booth.

jlaker
02-06-2008, 11:29 PM
The whole thing is fucking stupid. You shouldn't have to register either or. Just vote for who you want. Crist our system sucks.