PDA

View Full Version : Paul mentioned on Letterman just now

blakjak
02-06-2008, 10:52 PM
They did a spoof of CBS News reporting the results from the Californian primary. They went through all the Republican candidates with the number of actual votes each received and finished with "Ron Paul - 1 vote".

I have to laugh so I don't cry!

Bruno
02-06-2008, 10:54 PM
That's nuts. They should have ended it with,

"Well, America, I guess we can blame ourselves for losing our last chance to save freedom! (applause, awkward laughter...)

cien750hp
02-06-2008, 10:57 PM
They did a spoof of CBS News reporting the results from the Californian primary. They went through all the Republican candidates with the number of actual votes each got and finished with "Ron Paul - 1 vote".

I have to laugh so I don't cry!

didn't letterman vote for paul in '88?
it may be him calling out the stations on their reporting of paul
they make it seem like he really did just get one vote
if they would even mention it at all

maybe not though

Finn
02-06-2008, 11:02 PM
They. Hate. You.

Stop waiting for them saying something nice. It's like you're waiting for your abusers embrasing you all of a sudden, a Stocholm syndrome.

Xenophage
02-06-2008, 11:05 PM
Letterman is a dumb shit.

Xenophage
They. Hate. You.

Stop waiting for them saying something nice. It's like you're waiting for your abusers embrasing you all of a sudden, a Stocholm syndrome.

Yep.

blakjak
They. Hate. You.

letterman hates me? i wasn't waiting for anything, just enjoying some late night tv... i actually thought it was funny

NoPants
02-06-2008, 11:06 PM
First they ignore you
Then they laugh at you
Then they fight you
Then you win

We've officially reached phase 2. The convention is phase 3. Then we win.

nodope0695
02-06-2008, 11:06 PM
Letterman has sold out with the rest of the MSM whores.

BoBoDuFlachi
02-06-2008, 11:07 PM
video of lettermen saying he would vote for Paul in 88
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mY5BZzOFtt4

all J's in IL for RP
02-06-2008, 11:34 PM
Good lord. I've been a fan of Letterman for years. That '88 clip with Sandra Bernhard is his usual sarcastic self, as were all his Bernhard interviews. He probably would've voted for Rudy; he had him on his show dozens of times over the years and was very friendly towards him. That doesn't mean Letterman has "sold his soul" or whatever. Just that he personally knew the man and doesn't look at the world through the Ron Paul prism that some of us do.

Finn
02-06-2008, 11:40 PM
That doesn't mean Letterman has "sold his soul" or whatever. Just that he personally knew the man and doesn't look at the world through the Ron Paul prism that some of us do.
They really seem to see things the same way these days in media, all of them. don't they.

RevolutionSD
02-06-2008, 11:43 PM
100,000 Californians voted for Ron Paul yesterday.

The_Ruffneck
02-06-2008, 11:43 PM
umm this came from the mind of the writers of his material , not from the mind of letterman himself....

jyakulis
02-06-2008, 11:47 PM
They. Hate. You.

hah i know. people act all outraged everytime the media disses us for over 2-3 months now. get over it already. THE ELITE WILL NOT SUPPORT RON PAUL. THE MEDIA IS CORRUPT. GET OVER IT. the best way to show your discontent is simply not give them any ratings.

you're better off focusing your energy on going door to door, becoming a precinct leader, becoming a delegate, and informing everyone you come in contact with about ron paul.

DianaJ
02-06-2008, 11:56 PM
First they ignore you
Then they laugh at you
Then they fight you
Then you win

We've officially reached phase 2. The convention is phase 3. Then we win.

How many times do we have to see that Gandhi quote?

blakjak
02-06-2008, 11:57 PM
hah i know. people act all outraged everytime the media disses us for over 2-3 months now. get over it already. THE ELITE WILL NOT SUPPORT RON PAUL. THE MEDIA IS CORRUPT. GET OVER IT. the best way to show your discontent is simply not give them any ratings.

you're better off focusing your energy on going door to door, becoming a precinct leader, becoming a delegate, and informing everyone you come in contact with about ron paul.

I'm not outraged. I was actually pleasantly surprised when I saw the joke... this is progress. Paul IS becoming mainstream. Just the fact that he is the punchline for a joke on Letterman confirms this.

aksmith
02-07-2008, 12:06 AM
I'm not outraged. I was actually pleasantly surprised when I saw the joke... this is progress. Paul IS becoming mainstream. Just the fact that he is the punchline for a joke on Letterman confirms this.

Yeah, it's great. He called us stupid for supporting an ass who only got one vote. Progress, if you consider Stockholm Syndrome progress.

If we're this dumb, just imagine how stupid McCain supporters must be.

Has everyone noticed that Letterman, who used to call himself a libertarian, never once mentioned Ron Paul during the entire process until now. And now he just told you your guy is a loser and a joke. Leno, who never professed to be a libertarian, had Ron on TWICE. Letterman has lost my viewership forever. And besides, his crap hasn't been funny for years now.

blakjak
02-07-2008, 12:17 AM
And now he just told you your guy is a loser and a joke.

Happens to every mainstream candidate on every late-night comedy show. If you can't take a joke...

RonRules
02-07-2008, 12:20 AM
Letterman DEFINITELY got the memo. I've been waiting for ANY positive comment from him for about Ron Paul for 6 months.

CBS is the worst. Katie Couric is the same.

HollyforRP
02-07-2008, 12:24 AM
Still don't understand how Bill Maher went from This man is my new hero to the latter.

Sounds like maybe people are being told to blackout Ron Paul or they lose their jobs? :confused:

yanksforpaul
02-07-2008, 12:25 AM
Guys. It's a joke. Calm down.