PDA

View Full Version : The New R3volution

JimInNY
02-06-2008, 10:32 PM
Let's face it, the Ron Paul R3volution is alive and well and we're going to win the GOP nomination in a brokered convention, the Abe Lincoln way!

But, some of the things I noticed so far is a serious lack of understanding on the part of many of us, just how these primaries and caucuses work, myself included.

Others did not know whether they could or could not vote in the Republican primary based on their registration status. Others didn't know the cutoff date to change party affiliation in order to vote. A lot of folks had no idea how or why they should become delegates.

Basically, there was a lot of confusion in this movement.

I had an idea for a website, and I have it started, but it will be a while before it is complete and it will take a lot of input and help from the r3volution if it is ever going to fly.

I want to make a section for each of the 50 states, and have a resident expert for each state that knows the ins and the outs of the GOP in that state and knows how to take over the party from within.

I've heard it said that just a couple of dozen Ron Paulites could pretty much take over the leadership of a county GOP. It's fine and dandy that it can be done, but not many know how to do it. We need people that know how, to spell it out, step by step, for each state.

The goal is to own the GOP by the next election.

The site will include forums for discussing strategy and for newbies to ask questions. It will include user blogs for the state coordinators and other key people.

The URL for the site is http://newr3volution.com/

I also need a good wordsmith to write a nice intro and a mission statement for the site. I'm not good at that. :)

So anyone care to help out with this thing?

JimInNY
02-06-2008, 10:45 PM
any takers? :)

Paulitical Correctness
02-06-2008, 10:48 PM
Greetings freedom fighters! The goal of New R3volution is to set up a How-to guide for all fifty states so that you can help win from the ground up. This guide will be compiled so that anyone can interpret it, regardless of previous knowledge of politics. The most important aspect of this project is finding experts from each state to contribute their wisdom. If you're informed about the intricacies of your state's GOP processes, we need you to step forward and break this down for us, step by step. Together, we can win this thing!

I tried. :rolleyes:

JimInNY
02-06-2008, 10:53 PM
Sold. :)

We can always build on that later.

Thanks!

So which state you want? hehehe

r3volution
02-06-2008, 10:54 PM
does that make me old ?

JimInNY
02-06-2008, 10:56 PM
does that make me old ?

Ancient. lol

Paul Revered
02-06-2008, 10:59 PM
Bump.

Pauls' Revere
02-06-2008, 11:03 PM
The Abe Lincoln way.

"In May of 1860, the votes of 233 delegates were required to win the Republican nomination. Abraham Lincoln arrived at that convention starting only with the support of the 22 delegates from Illinois. He went on to win the nomination."

Hondarider76
02-06-2008, 11:22 PM
Excellent idea!!!

JimInNY
02-06-2008, 11:47 PM
Thanks. It's something positive to work on to take my mind off the negativity flying around. If we can get this well established and running smoothly, even if we lose this year, maybe next year we can put some Ron Paul republicans in office.

Money and grassroots campaigning only go so far apparently. We need to be on the inside. :)

JimInNY
02-07-2008, 12:20 AM
bump

JimInNY
02-07-2008, 08:23 AM
bump

JimInNY
02-07-2008, 09:20 AM
ANY resident GOP takeover experts out there?

RoyalShock
02-07-2008, 09:34 AM
It sounds lke a good idea, as long as "take over the GOP" means purging the fraud and deception and replacing it with truth, fairness and equality.

JimInNY
02-10-2008, 07:27 AM
It sounds lke a good idea, as long as "take over the GOP" means purging the fraud and deception and replacing it with truth, fairness and equality.

That's exactly what it means. If we hold precinct chairs, county chairs, etc, we can have a lot influence. If we can get the positions of power at the highest levels in a state, a Ron Paul candidate will be getting the exposure instead of a McPain, like here in NY.

The state GOP held a McCain sale at a hotel in Albany a few days before Super Tuesday. If we were running the GOP, we would have been holding a Ron Paul sale.

LEK
02-10-2008, 07:39 AM
Sounds like a plan.
I am in the despised state of SC - what can I do?

BTW - Lincoln was also in the House of Representatives and quite prolific in his speech writing and of course his debates. He was also against the Mexican War.

luvthedoc08
02-10-2008, 07:39 AM
bump

JimInNY
02-10-2008, 07:50 AM
Sounds like a plan.
I am in the despised state of SC - what can I do?

BTW - Lincoln was also in the House of Representatives and quite prolific in his speech writing and of course his debates. He was also against the Mexican War.

Do you have any experience within the GOP in SC? If so, we need someone who can explain to others in SC just how to infiltrate the party.

It has to be kept pretty simple, but be detailed at the same time. Like the first step is to contact your so and so, and find that number here, second step is to go to your whatever, find time and dates here... blah blah blah. Is the process essentially the same, county by county or does it differ?

The trouble is, this is all new to me as well. So I have no idea how to take over a party. That's why I need RP insiders to jump in and help.

ladyliberty
02-10-2008, 07:51 AM
You need to get in touch with those guys in Alaska - they seemed to have overtaken their GOP in a stealthy and successful way . We could all learn from them!

ladyliberty
02-10-2008, 07:53 AM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=117171&highlight=Alaska

These guys seemed to have figured out what we have been trying to figure out.

JimInNY
02-10-2008, 07:57 AM
You need to get in touch with those guys in Alaska - they seemed to have overtaken their GOP in a stealthy and successful way . We could all learn from them!

I sent a PM to the guy that posted that thread, he said he will sign up soon.

Edited: I sent a PM to another guy about a similar thing and no response from him so far.

JimInNY
02-10-2008, 08:01 AM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=117171&highlight=Alaska

These guys seemed to have figured out what we have been trying to figure out.

I PMed him, and he said he will sign up and help us out with Alaska.

I know we much have people in every state that know the ins and outs. I hope they join us.

ChicagoLawyer
02-10-2008, 09:24 AM
For those of you in Illinois we are organizing a group to do all of this and more! See www.ourr3volution.com

Sematary
02-10-2008, 09:28 AM
I'm no expert on party politics in the Republican party in Ct. but if someone knows the ins and outs of doing what you're talking about in Ct., I will join the fight.

JimInNY
02-10-2008, 09:45 AM
For those of you in Illinois we are organizing a group to do all of this and more! See www.ourr3volution.com

Can you have someone join our site and handle the Illinois page for us? We would certainly appreciate the help!

I plan on setting up a states sites link page to direct people to established state organizations. We just want to educate, not compete. Efforts like yours are needed to organize at the state level.