PDA

View Full Version : Talking about RP on CNN

SRRP77
02-06-2008, 09:39 PM
?? Not sure wtf they were saying...talked about each candidate and what their supporters like about them..showed ron paul and said his supporters were very passionate about being against the war...showed him holding a computer.

Finn
02-06-2008, 09:41 PM
Who cares. We are on our own now. And we always were. Fuck the Old Media. Just forget about them. Stop watching tv now, please.

blakjak
02-06-2008, 09:43 PM
Who cares.

I care.

Finn
02-06-2008, 09:45 PM
I care.
Why? They hate your guts.

driller80545
02-06-2008, 09:46 PM
I don't care. I propose a national "blow up your tv" day.

SRRP77
02-06-2008, 09:47 PM
No matter who we hate or who hates us...any publicity is good publicity.

Chester Copperpot
02-06-2008, 09:47 PM

TV= Idiot Box.

Deborah K
02-06-2008, 09:48 PM
Why? They hate your guts.

You're right. We need someone to create a 24 hour news cable TV like program that we can log onto that isn't controlled by the FCC and the CFR, etc. It's what's coming....I can feel it....

pacelli
02-06-2008, 09:49 PM
This was weird, did anyone else see it?

The set they used was pretty nice. It was basically a 3-D projection screen with PEOPLE behind the screen to make the models of the candidates appear more life-like. Ron Paul's likeness was standing there holding a computer. They went through each candidate's voter demographic. Whites, High income, prefer X candidate. Then they came to Ron, holding a computer basically saying that nobody really knows the demographics of his supporters (we're a broad group). They said that RP has low poll numbers but had a lot of money, and said that clinton and other candidates can learn from Ron Paul for their fundraising ( or something along those lines).

Go figure, AC trying to show us some new technology. I like the fact that they at least did a thing on ron paul, obviously alot of creative effort went into the use of the set. I find the fact that they gave Dr. Paul some time was a small step in the right direction (and he was also the last candidate commented on). People will be more apt to remember him. But they didn't mention anything about his platform. When they introduced previous models/candidates, they were doing quick platform plugs (ESPECIALLY for McCain).

Did anyone get a youtube of it?

pacelli
02-06-2008, 09:50 PM
You're right. We need someone to create a 24 hour news cable TV like program that we can log onto that isn't controlled by the FCC and the CFR, etc. It's what's coming....I can feel it....

That would be awesome.

driller80545
02-06-2008, 09:53 PM

Do you ever watch Free Speech TV. FSTV 9415 on dishnetwork

brumans
02-06-2008, 09:53 PM
Who cares. We are on our own now. And we always were. Fuck the Old Media. Just forget about them. Stop watching tv now, please.

Love it or hate it we can't win without sufficient mainstream media coverage. We should care when he gets some air time.

RSLudlum
02-06-2008, 09:57 PM

i was just thinking about something like this last night on my back porch. It would be great to line up some TV's, with each displaying the MSM and absolutely destoy them with sledgehammers and baseball bats!!! :D

grizzums
02-06-2008, 09:59 PM
Pleased to say that I just finished taking my prop tubes (all 3 of them...lol) out of my house and put them in the shop. Wife wasn't really happy about the idea, but we decided to make tv the thing we'd give up for lent.

I didn't tell her that I have no intention of ever bringing them back in after lent was over however... Hee hee - perhaps I should sell them on ebay and donate the proceeds to the campaign? Nah, probably shouldn't do that...

Deborah K
02-06-2008, 09:59 PM
Do you ever watch Free Speech TV. FSTV 9415 on dishnetwork

No, I have cable. What's it like?

Finn
02-06-2008, 10:00 PM
Love it or hate it we can't win without sufficient mainstream media coverage. We should care when he gets some air time.
Bull. They continue throwing you a bone whenever they feel like it, that is all. And you are being a lapdog.

Accept the reality and find other ways to reach people.

Crickett
Sounds weird. They keep saying he has all this money, but he sure doesn't have much now..think he got like $20,000 today, is all...I wish they would stop saying that...

SRRP77
i was just thinking about something like this last night on my back porch. It would be great to line up some TV's, with each displaying the MSM and absolutely destoy them with sledgehammers and baseball bats!!! :D

I think we need to all gather somewhere and get enough tvs to put each "anchor" or "journalist" on their own screen and take bids to break the tv with your weapon of choice.

Start the bidding for Sean Hannity at 100 dollars...and see tons of hands raise, followed by a still image of Hannity on the screen getting smashed in with a bat.

haaaylee
02-06-2008, 10:02 PM

Someone ask Alex Jones.

blakjak
02-06-2008, 10:04 PM
Bull. They continue throwing you a bone whenever they feel like it, that is all. And you are being a lapdog.

Accept the reality and find other ways to reach people.

The reality is you can't win without mainstream coverage. These primaries only confirmed this. That's just the way it is right now. Is it ideal? Of course not. Will it ever change? I hope so. But, you just can't deny the fact that this is the way it is.

driller80545
02-06-2008, 10:04 PM
No, I have cable. What's it like?

It's good sometimes. Tonight I watched "Hijacking Catastrophe" and "Freedom to Facism" is on now. Sometimes they have stuff that doesn't interest me, but other times its good. It is an alternative media source, publicly funded.

Finn
02-06-2008, 10:06 PM
The reality is you can't win without mainstream coverage. These primaries only confirmed this. That's just the way it is right now. Is it ideal? of course not. Will it ever change? i hope so. But, you just can't deny the fact that this is the way it is.
And the Old Media is NEVER going to be on our side. So, what are you going to do? Whine and beg them to talk about Paul, or go out and canvass?

Face it, we are on our own. Act like it.