PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul To Speak AT Liberty University AT 10 AM Friday

virginiakid
02-06-2008, 09:20 PM
Just got confirmation today that Congressman Ron Paul will be speaking to students at 10 AM on Friday the 8th. Liberty University is located in Lynchburg, VA.

Another interesting event that is taking place that isn't related to the Paul campaign is that there will be a rally at the State Capital building in Richmond, VA protesting the Real ID Act. If you got Ron Paul signs and are in the area join the rally at the Capital at 1:30PM Tomorrow Thursday Feb. 7th.

virginiakid
02-06-2008, 09:24 PM
bump

hillertexas
02-06-2008, 09:25 PM
bump

liberteebell
02-06-2008, 09:27 PM
Why would he choose Liberty U to speak? Why not a zillion other places in Virginia? Such as Richmond, Williamsburg, Yorktown, Norfolk :D; someplace with some historical context and population. I dunno, this just makes no sense to me.

morerocklesstalk
02-06-2008, 09:28 PM
Isn't that an Evangelical school?

utrunner07
02-06-2008, 09:30 PM
Why would he choose Liberty U to speak? Why not a zillion other places in Virginia? Such as Richmond, Williamsburg, Yorktown, Norfolk :D; someplace with some historical context and population. I dunno, this just makes no sense to me.

agreed. i do not like the way this campaign has been run as far as getting Ron Paul out there to the masses.... Why is he on the other side of the country when he should be all over Washington???????? Come on HQ get with it, a trained monkey could do as well as y'all are doing.

ButchHowdy
Religious Ground Zero

Lynchburg is our equivalent of Mecca or Medina.

I think it's a GREAT move!

liberteebell
Yes and my guess would be that probably 99.99% of the people there support Huckabee.

liberteebell
02-06-2008, 09:32 PM
agreed. i do not like the way this campaign has been run as far as getting Ron Paul out there to the masses.... Why is he on the other side of the country when he should be all over Washington???????? Come on HQ get with it, a trained monkey could do as well as y'all are doing.

Well, our primary is next Tuesday. But I have to agree, HQ has baffled me.

virginiakid
02-06-2008, 09:33 PM
Yes and my guess would be that probably 99.99% of the people there support Huckabee.

That might be true, but maybe if they hear Paul's message they will switch?

morerocklesstalk
02-06-2008, 09:35 PM
That might be true, but maybe if they hear Paul's message they will switch?

There could be some method to the madness.

If Paul does go third party, he could get those religious votes if Huckster is not chosen as VP.

virginiakid
02-06-2008, 09:47 PM
bump

evadmurd
02-06-2008, 09:55 PM
He MUST have a different speech. It can't be the same thing he always says. I know it is all good and true. He needs something that is going to get these students, etc to sit up and take notice. He needs to get them to feel the fear of sitting within a decaying corpse of a country that will envelope them and take them down with it. He needs to reinforce that it does NOT have to go down as it is appearing that it will. There is an option, no matter what they have heard. They can make a difference in how this all pans out. They can be a voice of real change. The kind of change that isn't sugar plums dancing in their heads.

I really want to see a candidate fighting for the very life of the people on Friday. I'm not sure RP is up to that.