PDA

View Full Version : Delegate Count Ticker

Bubba
02-06-2008, 08:47 PM
I, for one, would like to see a ticker counting the number of folks who have signed up to be Delegates just like the one for Precinct Leaders. (with appropriate primer links of course)

This would help morale and also bring the issue to everyone's attention.

Seems like sheer numbers would work in our favour.

This would also turn up the heat for the slow boiling frog(s) that is our competition. Can't imagine they sleep too well the night before the RP Money Bombs. :D

Thoughts?

Thanehand
02-06-2008, 08:49 PM
It would be cool, but the only issue I have with that is that it would give the other candidates an idea of just how many Ron Paul supporters have infiltrated the delegates that they've won :) I'd rather it be kept a secret.

RPDelegate
02-06-2008, 08:52 PM
It would be cool, but the only issue I have with that is that it would give the other candidates an idea of just how many Ron Paul supporters have infiltrated the delegates that they've won :) I'd rather it be kept a secret.

What he said. I'd rather see RP supporters educate themselves about how the delegate process works, than hand off the entire "plan" to the other candidates.

vvolf27
02-06-2008, 08:57 PM
What he said. I'd rather see RP supporters educate themselves about how the delegate process works, than hand off the entire "plan" to the other candidates.

Agreed!!!

Bubba
02-06-2008, 09:01 PM
Yes, but wouldn't that be a bit unnerving? -- to see those numbers spin out of control like the Tea Party, and just knowing that YOUR days are numbered? Be hard to cultivate new votes facing those kinds of numbers, much less keep your own rah rahs up. They know the msm numbers are fake (too bad we believe them too), but our numbers would be real - and THAT would be real scarey.

It's already begun. That's why the ST blackouts which got really out of control - they are quaking in their boots. I noticed that CNN completely left out Alaska last night during the scrolls (instead of posting 0% till the numbers came in and then updating which was always the norm for them I thought). Sure gave somebody a lot of time to "post" the numbers. And in their pie charts they just left RP's slice completely blank. sheesh.

k, having said all that, I'm an admitted politico newbie.

I just want to see some BIG NUMBERS for the neo-cons to chew on. Take THAT! We don't need your faux news. :p

Bubba
02-06-2008, 09:05 PM
Agreed!!!

Isn't there some urgency and importance currently being given to amassing folks to be counted as delegates? Sort of like a pledge drive?

Gosh, I'm getting a head-ache. Everytime I just get into learning about something, the whole playing field gets moved to the next stadium. Thanks to all you seasoned voters 'splaining this ad nausem to the rest of us. :o

dirknb@hotmail.com
02-06-2008, 09:06 PM
When RP's new book comes out on April 30th we need to get it in the hands of all delegates.

RPDelegate
02-06-2008, 09:16 PM
Yes, but wouldn't that be a bit unnerving? -- to see those numbers spin out of control like the Tea Party, and just knowing that YOUR days are numbered? Be hard to cultivate new votes facing those kinds of numbers, much less keep your own rah rahs up. They know the msm numbers are fake (too bad we believe them too), but our numbers would be real - and THAT would be real scarey.

It's already begun. That's why the ST blackouts which got really out of control - they are quaking in their boots. I noticed that CNN completely left out Alaska last night during the scrolls (instead of posting 0% till the numbers came in and then updating which was always the norm for them I thought). Sure gave somebody a lot of time to "post" the numbers. And in their pie charts they just left RP's slice completely blank. sheesh.

k, having said all that, I'm an admitted politico newbie.

I just want to see some BIG NUMBERS for the neo-cons to chew on. Take THAT! We don't need your faux news. :p

Don't worry about it. I'm a newbie as well. Got involved for the first time ever just 2 months ago!

But personally I don't think any of us should give two shits about making the other candidates quake in their boots. I much rather leave them clueless as to what we are doing, not risk them finding out, and have them find out later this year when it's too late for them to do anything about it.

Maxwell TX
02-06-2008, 10:12 PM
I agree, keep it on the quiet side. Much info has already been made transparent, there are some things that are better left as a mystery.