PDA

View Full Version : Remember The ALAMO Money Bomb February 23rd!!!!!!

Mark37snj
02-06-2008, 08:12 PM
The Battle of the Alamo took place at the Alamo Mission in San Antonio, Texas. The battle was between the Republic of Mexico and the rebel Texian forces during the Texians' fight for independence — the Texas Revolution. The 13-day siege started Tuesday, February 23, 1836, and ended on Sunday, March 6, 1836, with the capture of the mission and the death of nearly all the Texian and Tejano defenders, except for a few slaves, women and children. Despite the win, the 13-day holdout stalled the Mexican Army, and allowed Sam Houston to gather troops and supplies for his later success at the Battle of San Jacinto. The Texian revolutionaries went on to win the war.

"In May of 1860, the votes of 233 delegates were required to win the Republican nomination. Abraham Lincoln arrived at that convention starting only with the support of the 22 delegates from Illinois. He went on to win the nomination."

Liberal McCain is being assulted on all fronts of his so called conservative credentials. IF there is a Brokered Convention all bets are off and anything can happen. Ron Paul will not be speaking to Media Pundits or commentators in a rigged debate, he will be speaking to everyday Americans directly. The more time that passes the weaker McCaine becomes as the attacks mount. The Ron Paul Grassroots has a very important role to play. Not just keeping Ron Paul in this fight but also taking McCain down. There are many factors that favor us:

The Texas Primary - do you really think Texans are going to vote for Liberal McCain over one of their own. There are 140 delegates at stake, more than enough to deal Ron Paul back in.

Increasing opposition to McCaine from conservatives.

McCains propensity for doing dumb arrogant things which will piss voters and delegates off.

The symbolism of The ALAMO to not only rally the Grassroots but also Texans, other primary voters, and delegates.

The desire of the GOP and all state delegates to PICK A WINNER. We know McCain can't win the general election. We know because we will be the instrument of his destruction because we WILL NOT VOTE FOR HIM!!!! And we need to let the GOP know this.

The overwhelming support and enthusiasm in the Democratic race.

When the GOP and state delegates realize this they will be looking for someone who can win against the Dems. And with some luck, alot of hard work, and a speech in a setting Ron Paul was made for, we may very well pull this one out. ITS NOT OVER, ITS NOT OVER. THIS REVOLUTION HAS JUST BEGUN!!!!! We need to keep Ron Paul in this for the duration. If you ask yourself why stand aginst such insurmountable odds....Just Remember The ALAMO!!!!!

Mark37snj
02-06-2008, 08:19 PM
Bump

Mark37snj
02-06-2008, 08:23 PM
Bump for comments. Come on guys, what do you think.

Danny Molina
02-06-2008, 08:25 PM
Too soon. If we want to make it count we'd have to hold out till atleast early next month.

Mark37snj
02-06-2008, 08:27 PM
Too soon. If we want to make it count we'd have to hold out till atleast early next month.

The Texas primary is March 4th. That only gives Ron Paul 5 Days. I don't know how much longer we can wait.
Besides many people will have their income tax refunds. Well those that filed anyway. :)

tpreitzel
02-06-2008, 08:28 PM

I agree as , once again, many are paid only monthly.

Arklatex
02-06-2008, 08:28 PM
Let's go with it

REMEMBER THE ALAMO!

Mark37snj
02-06-2008, 08:30 PM
I agree as , once again, many are paid only monthly.

Because of time constraints we will have to go with those that can. Any longer delay won't help Paul in Texas. Texas is our best chance but we have to act now.

Danny Molina
02-06-2008, 08:33 PM
Whenever we create moneybombs on such short notice they flop.

Mark37snj
02-06-2008, 08:34 PM

Yeah but people are really PISSED right now. And we need something to bring the Grassroots back into unity. What better way than to do what WE do BEST!!! :)

EDIT: It does not have to be HUGE, just enought to give Ron a boost and the symbolism will also help energize our roots.

Arklatex
02-06-2008, 08:37 PM
At the Alamo 200 brave men held off over 1400 of Santa Anna's elite for 13 days. Their fort wasn't even a fort at all, the alamo is a Spanish mission/church.

In the name of freedom. Remember the ALAMO!!!

Mark37snj
02-06-2008, 08:39 PM
At the Alamo 200 brave men held off over 1400 of Santa Anna's elite for 13 days. Their fort wasn't even a fort at all, but a Spanish mission/church.

In the name of freedom. Remember the ALAMO!!!

Remember the ALAMO!!!! We will have 22 days, thats enough time.

nodope0695
02-06-2008, 08:39 PM
Damn Good Idea. And, thats my birthday!!! I'll be 37 on our next big money bomb!!

Cleaner44
02-06-2008, 08:40 PM
I like it. Ron needs funds to get him through to convention in September.

affa
02-06-2008, 08:41 PM
Don't forget - April 18th

(Ron) Paul Revere's Midnight Ride Money Bomb.

That's far enough in advance for some serious planning.

Mark37snj
02-06-2008, 08:42 PM
Don't forget - April 18th

(Ron) Paul Revere's Midnight Ride Money Bomb.

That's far enough in advance for some serious planning.

Im down with that too. :D

dannno
02-06-2008, 08:43 PM
.. could make it a $13 ante for the 13 day siege.. those who can afford more are encouraged to donate more ... or is that not enough?

Mark37snj
02-06-2008, 08:46 PM
.. could make it a $13 ante for the 13 day siege.. those who can afford more are encouraged to donate more ... or is that not enough?

Im not sure, and the numer 13 to boot. :eek:

dannno
02-06-2008, 08:50 PM
Im not sure, and the numer 13 to boot. :eek:

that's true.. even tho my family always considered it a lucky #..

Mark37snj
02-06-2008, 08:51 PM
that's true.. even tho my family always considered it a lucky #..

Thats got to be one interesting story.

Mark37snj
02-06-2008, 09:00 PM
//

itshappening
02-06-2008, 09:00 PM
great idea!! we need to campaign for those texas delegates!

maybe they should run something like a "trust Ron" campaign, i.e entrust texas delegates to a texas congressman, in a brokered convention...

Mark37snj
02-06-2008, 09:04 PM
great idea!! we need to campaign for those texas delegates!

maybe they should run something like a "trust Ron" campaign, i.e entrust texas delegates to a texas congressman, in a brokered convention...

Everyone running has WON their home state. Texans know Ron, they TRUST Ron. You may have the next slogan, atleast for the Texas campaign. And Texas is 140 delegates, man what a boost that would give. It would be a whole new race.

literatim
02-06-2008, 09:06 PM
Everyone running has WON their home state. Texans know Ron, they TRUST Ron. You may have the next slogan, atleast for the Texas campaign. And Texas is 140 delegates, man what a boost that would give. It would be a whole new race.

1 District in Texas does not equal all of Texas.

itshappening
02-06-2008, 09:07 PM
Everyone running has WON their home state. Texans know Ron, they TRUST Ron. You may have the next slogan, atleast for the Texas campaign.

not all of them do, the media blackout is very effective

anyways... the message should be "in 1976 I led the Texas delegation to the Republican convention for Ronald Reagan... now i'm asking you to trust me with the Texas delegates to the convention in 2008"

Mark37snj
02-06-2008, 09:07 PM
1 District in Texas does not equal all of Texas.

Thanks for the rain cloud. :cool:

Mark37snj
02-06-2008, 09:09 PM
not all of them do, the media blackout is very effective

anyways... the message should be "in 1976 I led the Texas delegation to the Republican convention for Ronald Reagan... now i'm asking you to trust me with the Texas delegates to the convention in 2008"

I like it, from one Texan to another.

pacelli
02-06-2008, 09:11 PM
The ALAMO Money Bomb February 23rd!!!!!!

Ok, here's the deal. Last minute moneybombs do not do well and tend to flop. Example: The BenjaminsForPaul.com moneybomb back in mid-January. That didn't even get the cash that was pledged. It was a total flop, and that day didn't even generate enough cash to make it an average day's worth of donations. Nobody ever takes the time to look at these things.

My advice is to not put a goal, just spread it by word of mouth, post it all over the place. Come up with a snazzy .jpg file (i.e. online flier) that you can post everywhere. Come up with banners that can be embedded over at RonPaulWarRoom.

You don't have much time to promote this thing. Call into Alex Jones Radio Show and plug it-- he'll let you do it, he's done this in the past. Link to the radio show at: www.infowars.com . Call TOMORROW and announce the date and how much you'd like people to donate. Ask Alex if he'd be willing to remind people about the moneybomb. When this has been done in the past, it generated ~$39,000. His listeners are very loyal to his advice and to Dr. Paul.

Also, rprradio.com - Ron Paul Revolution Radio (rprradio.com)- definitely call them with the information you have and do a plug over the air - they'll let you do it. RonPaulRadio.com may also be of assistance to getting this out.

Once your flier image is done, get it up on the daily paul, the ultimate ron paul, post it on every meet up, we can help you by making the online flier viral.

Mark37snj
02-06-2008, 09:17 PM
Ok, here's the deal. Last minute moneybombs do not do well and tend to flop. Example: The BenjaminsForPaul.com moneybomb back in mid-January. That didn't even get the cash that was pledged. It was a total flop, and that day didn't even generate enough cash to make it an average day's worth of donations. Nobody ever takes the time to look at these things.

My advice is to not put a goal, just spread it by word of mouth, post it all over the place. Come up with a snazzy .jpg file (i.e. online flier) that you can post everywhere. Come up with banners that can be embedded over at RonPaulWarRoom.

You don't have much time to promote this thing. Call into Alex Jones Radio Show and plug it-- he'll let you do it, he's done this in the past. Link to the radio show at: www.infowars.com . Call TOMORROW and announce the date and how much you'd like people to donate. Ask Alex if he'd be willing to remind people about the moneybomb. When this has been done in the past, it generated ~$39,000. His listeners are very loyal to his advice and to Dr. Paul.

Also, rprradio.com - Ron Paul Revolution Radio (rprradio.com)- definitely call them with the information you have and do a plug over the air - they'll let you do it. RonPaulRadio.com may also be of assistance to getting this out.

Once your flier image is done, get it up on the daily paul, the ultimate ron paul, post it on every meet up, we can help you by making the online flier viral.

Thanks for all the helpfull info. I have no clue how to make a flier, have to get some help on that one. I can deffinately take care of RonPaulRadio.com and I always wanted to call Alex Jones.

Mark37snj
02-06-2008, 09:19 PM
Any ideas anyone on the dollar amount? I would prefer to keep it on the small side, 50.00 or so.

BigRedBrent
02-06-2008, 09:20 PM

I am getting sick to death of money bombs.
That being said I am 100% on board with this. Some people need a reason to donate. Others want something different. Until we find something different lets at least give some people a reason to do something like donate.

Mark37snj
02-06-2008, 09:32 PM
I called rprradio.com and got a recording of their show. Does anyone know the hours where someone is there to take calls?

wealeat
02-06-2008, 09:37 PM
I dont see how this would be considered last minute. There is over 2 weeks to promote it.

Mark37snj
02-06-2008, 09:41 PM
I dont see how this would be considered last minute. There is over 2 weeks to promote it.

Thank You!! :) Between the Grassroots, the Meetups emailing like crazy about every little thing, we can give Ron a nice boost.

Opulen
02-06-2008, 09:43 PM
Spread it!! My spirit is still alive and kicking!

Michigan11
02-06-2008, 09:44 PM
Bump//Count me in

JimInNY
02-06-2008, 09:47 PM

How do you figure that raising over a million dollars in a day is a flop? lmao

Patronus
02-06-2008, 09:59 PM
i hear they're planning a rally in Austin that day too

Mark37snj
02-06-2008, 10:00 PM
i hear they're planning a rally in Austin that day too

Thats Awsome!! :D

UnitedWeStand
02-06-2008, 10:06 PM
i thinkt he money amount should be
$140 for Texas' 140 delegates

pebcak
02-06-2008, 10:08 PM
Any ideas anyone on the dollar amount? I would prefer to keep it on the small side, 50.00 or so.

I don't know if we would stand to benefit anything from setting a dollar amount. But I liked the idea of adding some small amount to whatever you were going to donate anyway. Something symbolic but maybe not 13.

We definitely need a wb site for this also, ala the tea party. The emphasis should be about freedom and liberty, not violence.

And we should get the San Antonio meetup group in on this somehow. If we start quickly we have enough time to do this.

Mark37snj
02-06-2008, 10:14 PM
I don't know if we would stand to benefit anything from setting a dollar amount. But I liked the idea of adding some small amount to whatever you were going to donate anyway. Something symbolic but maybe not 13.

We definitely need a wb site for this also, ala the tea party. The emphasis should be about freedom and liberty, not violence.

And we should get the San Antonio meetup group in on this somehow. If we start quickly we have enough time to do this.

Well I posted this in the Winning Texas page, I absolutely cannot help in setting up a website, can barely keep my computer running properly :( . Tomorrow I will start asking for volunteers for the things I can't do. It would be nice if a Mod or Admin could put a sticky on this. ;)

I also emailed basically the whole NJ Meetup email list, I think. And also added it as an event on my Meetup. If everyone who could do these things could do them this will get alot of support very quickly.

wealeat
02-06-2008, 10:20 PM
There will be a rally in Austin that day, which i will most likely be at.

Mark37snj
02-06-2008, 10:22 PM
There will be a rally in Austin that day, which i will most likely be at.

Please tell someone in the campaign about this and ask them to help. I am more inspiration than organization. I'll do what I can but I need help.

cheese
02-06-2008, 10:25 PM
Neil Cavuto on Ron Paul (February 5, 2008)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDfPaUux1Kc

Quick
02-06-2008, 10:30 PM
With all due respect, I don't really like this idea. The day, where I'm from anyway, doesn't really carry any national significance.

It sounds more like it should Feb. 23rd - We need an excuse to donate -- when we should just be donating when we have the cash now.

I think the whole money bomb idea has fizzled, and while very successful in the past because of the buildup, I think any money bomb now that doesn't match all the previous ones only hurts morale.

libertythor
02-06-2008, 10:33 PM
I sent $25 today.

Mark37snj
02-06-2008, 10:38 PM
With all due respect, I don't really like this idea. The day, where I'm from anyway, doesn't really carry any national significance.

It sounds more like it should Feb. 23rd - We need an excuse to donate -- when we should just be donating when we have the cash now.

I think the whole money bomb idea has fizzled, and while very successful in the past because of the buildup, I think any money bomb now that doesn't match all the previous ones only hurts morale.

All the previous ones? Thats really reaching for the stars. It is not just about the money, its about the Grassroots coming together after a bad day doing what we do best, its about informing everyone we have not given up and to also tell them WHY there is still hope. Emails have went out, tomorrow phone calls will be made and hopefully get some volunteers with the skills needed for the other details.

DXDoug
02-06-2008, 10:38 PM
Remember the Alamo!

boondoggle
02-06-2008, 10:50 PM
The more time between a money bomb's announcement and it's date, the greater momentum is built and the better the outcome. A month's time would be great, probably another 3-5 million day. Two months time would be, my bet, around 5-8. And three months . . . Which I think is the best idea at April 19 has the potential to be a HUGE day if word got out now or in two weeks and, on top of that, a good jaw-dropper for those who think the revolution is done.

. . . I'm still one of those who sincerely believe the more we keep this message going, the more eyes we open, the more lives we save, and the greater the impact we have on this country's future.

Summary: No to this date, but maybe there could be "lead-up" dates to a larger one? It'd keep attention to a larger one, while letting everyone get together for the less financially significant bombs . . .

Mark37snj
02-06-2008, 10:55 PM
The more time between a money bomb's announcement and it's date, the greater momentum is built and the better the outcome. A month's time would be great, probably another 3-5 million day. Two months time would be, my bet, around 5-8. And three months . . . Which I think is the best idea at April 19 has the potential to be a HUGE day if word got out now or in two weeks and, on top of that, a good jaw-dropper for those who think the revolution is done.

. . . I'm still one of those who sincerely believe the more we keep this message going, the more eyes we open, the more lives we save, and the greater the impact we have on this country's future.

Summary: No to this date, but maybe there could be "lead-up" dates to a larger one? It'd keep attention to a larger one, while letting everyone get together for the less financially significant bombs . . .

Texas is our best shot, its Ron's state. I will worry about the rest later, we have 22 days, thats enough time and its not just about the money.

Mark37snj
02-06-2008, 11:09 PM
//

pacelli
02-06-2008, 11:22 PM
I called rprradio.com and got a recording of their show. Does anyone know the hours where someone is there to take calls?

They generally take calls between 8a - 1p. IndyinJapan's show takes lots of calls in the evening (I think 4-6). Ron Paul's grandson does a show at night. LB's show is happening right now live at 12:25am (late at night). Sometimes they have repeat broadcasts, you just have to check what's on the current schedule.

pacelli
02-06-2008, 11:25 PM

I think $50 would see some big numbers if everyone followed through. I can't stress enough-- do not set a goal (i.e. x million, whatever). Let the market work (just like Dr. Paul tells us).

pacelli
02-06-2008, 11:29 PM
Do you want this for the presidential campaign or the congressional campaign?

Patronus
02-07-2008, 12:47 AM
Please tell someone in the campaign about this and ask them to help. I am more inspiration than organization. I'll do what I can but I need help.

We are working with the campaign already. The date is confirmed.

http://utexas.facebook.com/event.php?eid=8345552047
Ron Paul will be speaking at the University of Texas on Saturday, February 23rd on the Main Mall underneath the southern facade of the Main Building. 200 W 22nd St, Austin, TX (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=200+W+22nd+St,+austin,+TX&ie=UTF8&ll=30.284993,-97.739525&spn=0.003377,0.005021&t=h&z=18&om=0).

The event will include entertainment by Austin's own blues guitarist Jimmie Vaughan. Event to begin at 4pm CT. Admission open to the public.

Inscribed on the Main Building, above the speaking area is John 8:32, "Ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free."

Dan Klaus
02-07-2008, 01:47 AM
I'm in....long live texas!! My father used to say the best Texans came from Tennessee...so out of staters please feel free to stand by us again....