PDA

View Full Version : Someone Tell Me Why I Should Still Care?

CGRescueSwimmer
02-06-2008, 07:43 PM
After giving a crap about my country and just about everything I could spare for the last few months, could someone please tell me why I should still care after my fellow "citizens" have clearly demonstrated they would rather vote for someone they think will win instead of someone they know will make their life better?

I almost feel like if this is the "will" of people, then maybe I don't want to be a part of where it's going...

But that's just me. What do you think? And why should I still care?

762x54r
02-06-2008, 07:44 PM
You don't have kids do you?

posterity. it was on the minds of the founding Fathers.

CGRescueSwimmer
02-06-2008, 07:49 PM
That doesn't really change anything... It's what I've been doing since I first heard RP speak.

If the voters of this country don't want to wake up than what the hell are we doing this for? I'm pissed, ashamed, and disappointed to be an american right now... I thought we were made of more stern stuff than this.

762x54r
02-06-2008, 07:52 PM
this is a long war.

762x54r
02-06-2008, 07:58 PM
You need a pep talk I guess.

the seeds you sow today may not bear fruit this season.

That isn't inspirational but it is the truth.

NMCB3
02-06-2008, 07:59 PM
I don`t have much faith in my fellow Americans, the vast majority are sheep. Deprogramming them is not a task for the timid. Fighting for freedom is a tough business and often times a lonely one as well. I will fight on as I have been doing for many years. If nothing else Ron`s candidacy has opened up a lot of eyes to the reality of our present situation. Hopefully it sticks and something good comes of it.

enter`name`here
02-06-2008, 08:00 PM
The original American revolution was decades in the making.....

Deborah K
02-06-2008, 08:01 PM
Ron Paul's name will be on my ballot in November come hell or high water. Even if I have to write it in myself. In the meantime I will continue with meet-ups, converting people, donating, writing my book about all of this, and preparing for the impending economic disaster.

I am a mother and grandmother. I do what I do for them and for all children. My husband and I are Minutemen and we patrol the border once a month. We are members of other groups as well and work hard for change. Failure is not an option.

If the Bilderberg meetings are as influential as it appears they are, then the election is rigged in favor of Hillary. If that is the case, then we really do have our work cut out for us. We will have to get very organized and set some lofty goals to get our country back including:

1. Getting control over the electoral process and vote count (abolish electronic voting)
2. Doing away with the Real ID act (NO national ID - NO RFID tracking of our whereabouts)
3. Securing our borders (no more invasions - illegal immigrants have no allegiance)
4. Electing politicians at every level who are constitutionalists (we need insiders)

There's much more but these are imperative to the immediate preservation of our liberty. And before you think it can't be done - remember this one thing - there are more of us than there are of them.

ArrestPoliticians
02-06-2008, 08:12 PM
because you love your constitution.

WarDog
02-06-2008, 08:14 PM
Yea i tell ya this whole thing is got me up in arm's too. What the hell is wrong with people, Why dont they see this

NMCB3
02-06-2008, 08:15 PM
Yea i tell ya this whole thing is got me up in arm's too. What the hell is wrong with people, Why dont they see thisBecause they are brainwashed.

Tugboat1988
02-06-2008, 08:15 PM
After giving a crap about my country and just about everything I could spare for the last few months, could someone please tell me why I should still care after my fellow "citizens" have clearly demonstrated they would rather vote for someone they think will win instead of someone they know will make their life better?

I almost feel like if this is the "will" of people, then maybe I don't want to be a part of where it's going...

There will always be helpless swimmers in the water many of them who didn't intend to be there. There will also be helpless brain-cramped people unaware what is facing them in a political sea. Both need CG Swimmers to pull them out. If the Coast Guard gives up or begins to not care, then we all die in the surging seas. Hang in there buddy, we're not done yet and the job is still in need of hands.

Tugboat

Patriot123
02-06-2008, 08:19 PM
You know what? You're completely right. Voters simply don't want to wake up. We the people who have actually woken up woke up because we're the more intelligent ones of the handful. They simply don't want to take up. And you know what? That's war. If we don't continue fighting for what's right for this damn country, our country that our damn founders gave to us; not them, then what the hell are we fighting for?

Giving up is waving a white flag to the establishment and giving them your right arm. They may not wish to wake up, but we do. They may not care what bills are passed. They may not even care if America is stripped of its freedoms, because they want to believe that it's "for their own good." But we don't want to believe that. We the people want the truth. The American revolution started with just a little under ten percent of the nation that was awake as to what was happening. We're that ten percent, and now it's our turn to fulfill what our founders and ancestors would have wanted. I know I'd die and give my life to save this nation any second of the day. And you know what? If another revolt breaks out, I hope to G-d that I can be of service to my fellow Americans in any way possible.

We're fighting to make our founders proud, and save our America. Not theirs. The sheeple apparently don't want it. But we want it back. So we're going to take it back.

CGRescueSwimmer
02-06-2008, 08:22 PM
I appreciate your encouragement, but how in the face of willful ignorance and blindness how can you still believe that a message of freedom will reach those who most need to realize they are asleep?

We've had a chance to spread a message this country needs to hear, and it hasn't grown beyond the obvious showing yesterday (and DO NOT talk to ME about conspiracies) and I feel like the only way to wake people up is to walk up to them on the street and ask who they voted for, if they say anyone other than RP or maybe Obama, grab 'em by the collar and shake 'em hard while shouting, "WAKE UP! WAKE UP! And actually THINK about what you're voting for!!"

But again that's just me, not to mention assault in most places...

Truth-Bringer
02-06-2008, 08:23 PM

You should care because we've made progress and this is only the beginning. You can't give up just because you've got a tough fight ahead of you. If our Forefathers (and mothers) did that, we'd still be a British colony.

AmericanWayne
02-06-2008, 08:24 PM
Does anybody else get the feeling that we are living in a real-life matrix? A world full of sheep....

LukeNM
02-06-2008, 08:27 PM
Some of us have been at this for 40 years or more... Believe me when I say we are closer now to a victory than we have ever been, and I mean by leaps and bounds. Don't get discouraged it is not over yet and I am still optimistic... It is great to see the younger people in here!

Patriot123
02-06-2008, 08:28 PM
I appreciate your encouragement, but how in the face of willful ignorance and blindness how can you still believe that a message of freedom will reach those who most need to realize they are asleep?

We've had a chance to spread a message this country needs to hear, and it hasn't grown beyond the obvious showing yesterday (and DO NOT talk to ME about conspiracies) and I feel like the only way to wake people up is to walk up to them on the street and ask who they voted for, if they say anyone other than RP or maybe Obama, grab 'em by the collar and shake 'em hard while shouting, "WAKE UP! WAKE UP! And actually THINK about what you're voting for!!"

But again that's just me, not to mention assault in most places...
People are ignorant. But they can wake up. They can. But it's going to take a bit more exposure. Just a bit more time. Sadly, time is something that isn't on our side. So as I said above, the way I see it is that we're the last hope to restore America. So we will fight for it. Not them. Us. For our America.

CGRescueSwimmer
02-06-2008, 08:33 PM
You should care because we've made progress and this is only the beginning. You can't give up just because you've got a tough fight ahead of you. If our Forefathers (and mothers) did that, we'd still be a British colony.

Let be clear on one thing:

This has only made me more motivated to bring positive change into my circle of influence. I am not going to give up.

However, how can I still believe the establishment channels for bringing change will be effective if the "masses" only want to vote for a winner?

PS: Tugboat1988 I really do appreaciate your words. It makes me feel like some people really do get "it", however gloomy the future may seem. Stay safe on the water, Sir.

CGRescueSwimmer
02-06-2008, 08:43 PM
Thoughts that occur to me, unedited, as they come...

How can a brokered convention win for RP, the perceived outsider and unknown, be considered anything other than a manipulation of the system?

How is this a good thing for RP?

How is it anything different from what we are so all drawn to RP to oppose?

joelfarm
02-06-2008, 08:47 PM
Please, before you give up on this cause,show those of us who have not had the chance to affect the outcome in upcoming primaries the respect of supporting us, as we did you in your primaries. The mentality you are expressing is EXACTLY the same as our most ardent foes.
To give up at this point, when there are so many possible outcomes would be foolish. Please buck up and keep on working for Ron Paul!!

OptionsTrader
02-06-2008, 08:49 PM

1) Grow a pair of testicles. Or buy some neuticles (http://www.neuticles.com/index1.html).

2) Most of America doesn't know who Ron Paul is because he is never given the TV airtime of a "front runner." They are not rejecting the man or his ideas, they, for the most part, either do not know who the heck he is or think he is "not electable" and to vote for him is "wasting a vote." You aren't going to break, and therefore neither is Paul. Deal with it.

3) Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered. "These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph." -Tom Paine, The Crisis

4) This fight ends when you quit, not before.

Truth-Bringer
02-06-2008, 08:50 PM
However, how can I still believe the establishment channels for bringing change will be effective if the "masses" only want to vote for a winner?

Well, we haven't exhausted all our options yet. Political change through the ballot box is only one area.

We can also act as a singular group for change by

1) Writing and putting other pressure on elected officials
2) Using Jury Nullification to strike down laws they pass that deprive people of rights
3) Use the new "money bomb" strategy to fund liberty oriented political groups, PACs, etc.
4) And possibly even restart American assemblies (http://www.strike-the-root.com/51/hargis/hargis1.html)

The list goes on. We have a strong foundation to build on, and I don't think we'll waste it. But we have to expand our scope of strategies.

CGRescueSwimmer
02-06-2008, 08:53 PM
Please, before you give up on this cause,show those of us who have not had the chance to affect the outcome in upcoming primaries the respect of supporting us, as we did you in your primaries. The mentality you are expressing is EXACTLY the same as our most ardent foes.
To give up at this point, when there are so many possible outcomes would be foolish. Please buck up and keep on working for Ron Paul!!

As a fellow (albeit former Tar Heel, currently watching the big game (Go Heels!)) I never meant to give the impression I was giving up.

I will never stop fighting ignorance or intolerance.

But I did want to express my doubts about the ability of the average joe in this country today to understand the situation and stakes, much less take a stand for beliefs they have reached on their own and are willing to work and fight for.

Malakai0
02-06-2008, 08:57 PM
If we are lucky, we may win the war for freedom in our lifetimes.

If we're lucky.

This was step 1 - show a small but intelligent minority how badly they are getting raped, and the original intent of the founders/constitution.

CGRescueSwimmer
02-06-2008, 09:00 PM
If we are lucky, we may win the war for freedom in our lifetimes.

If we're lucky.

This was step 1 - show a small but intelligent minority how badly they are getting raped, and the original intent of the founders/constitution.

And I have to believe it will stick with that minority; it certainly has cured my apethy.

What's step two, in your humble opinion?

OptionsTrader
02-06-2008, 09:10 PM
And I have to believe it will stick with that minority; it certainly has cured my apethy.

What's step two, in your humble opinion?

Reloaded, then Revolutions.

CGRescueSwimmer
02-06-2008, 09:15 PM
Reloaded, then Revolutions.

How about right before the violence?

CGMike
02-06-2008, 09:31 PM
There are liberty candidates out there, inspired by Dr. Paul. The revolution will continue on RP was just the catalyst. He's brought me back to the Republican party.

Cmon swimmer...you jump out of jayhawks and dolphins for fun. Continuing on in the name of Liberty should be easy for you :)

CGRescueSwimmer
02-06-2008, 09:41 PM
There are liberty candidates out there, inspired by Dr. Paul. The revolution will continue on RP was just the catalyst. He's brought me back to the Republican party.

Cmon swimmer...you jump out of jayhawks and dolphins for fun. Continuing on in the name of Liberty should be easy for you :)

Like I said I'll never quit, I just wanted to know how (and why!) we all continue in the face of impossible odds, blatant stupidity, and willful ignorance...

Just as I think stupid (read: unprepared) people who require CG crews to risk their lives should be assessed a stupid tax, I think some people should actually be required to articulate why they are voting the way they do. (And perhaps smacked hard if they say they [will only] want to vote for someone who can/will win) I'll be a smacker if someone's taking names!

Tugboat1988
02-06-2008, 10:43 PM

Two Coast Guards. Absolutely outstanding! I salute you both, CGMike and CGSwimmer.

For those who don't know, a CG swimmer is no coward or quitter. If anyone is to be called 'hero' a CG swimmer is at the head of the line, and he's there every day. They go into raging water full of danger putting their own lives on the line to rescure good people or cowardly idiots without prequalifications. They are men of men even when they ask questions, it's a human thing to do.

Be very glad we have both of these men aboard this forum. I'm sure we have more military aboard as well and they all have my greatest respect. And, I should say that I'm former Nuke Navy Submariner and retired Merchant Marine Chief Engineer. I've seen the seas at conditions hardly believable, and calm as well.

Tubboat

CGRescueSwimmer
02-06-2008, 10:57 PM
T.Y.S.

I am humbled by your words.

We all (Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines and Coast Guard) are only doing our jobs, and would have it no other way. It gives me hope that there are true patriots like you among us, who don't just pay lip service to those solemn words in the enlistment oath "... to support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same;..."

SophisticatedFarmGirl
02-06-2008, 11:08 PM
I, too, was down last night and most of today. I wrote hundreds of letters to my precinct (& Iowa and Minnesota), put ads in the paper, waved signs, gave hundreds to the campaign, blimp, and TV ads...and my county only gave Dr. P 5%.

It has occurred to me, though, that this is only the beginning. Like everyone here I wanted to rock the vote and see some wins yesterday, but I think it may take more time. Many people are hearing this message for the first time and it seems weird to them at first, but then they hear it again and again and the light starts to come on. My husband ran into a guy at work who received my letter and slim-jims and said he loved Dr. P's message, but wasn't registered Republican, so couldn't vote in the primary. He said he would vote for him in the general election though. I think more and more people will come on board if they keep hearing the message.

Dr. Paul has been at this most of his life. We need to keep looking to him as our example.

bkreigh
02-09-2008, 11:33 PM
Hey AST,

Another CG member here. I understand where you are coming from. I talk to a couple guys at my office about politics. We agree on most issues but the others not so much. One guy is a huck supporter but we talk about all sorts of issues. We both dislike McCain and we started talking about him and the reason why people vote the way they vote. One of the reasons was "Because they can win." We were on this for a good while and i was getting frustrated with everybody in America so i said "I f'in give up." Right when i said that i wanted to punch myself as hard as possible. I couldn't believe i just said that especially in front of somebody who supports another candidate. Say "I give up" to yourself. You will feel disgusted and will want to push on that much stronger. Trust me it was a horrible feeling and you will think different.

CGRescueSwimmer
02-09-2008, 11:42 PM
Well said, and having a few hours to cool my head, I realized that I'm just frustrated with people who don't vote their conscience, but use that opportunity to feel good about themselves for picking the winner. Voting, to me, is a responsibility, and should be used to voice what one believes is right for their country. I'm not suggesting that everyone who doesn't support who I support is wrong, but when you can't articulate it to any level of detail greater than you want to vote for the candidate who will win, than maybe you shouldn't be voting... Again, that's just me, but it's nice to hear others who serve and are asking serious questions about what's best for our great nation. Sail/Fly safe, Sir.

Mach
02-10-2008, 12:05 AM
All I can say is... Persistence is Key!

bkreigh
02-10-2008, 08:33 PM
Sail/Fly safe, Sir.

Is that to me? No need for that. Im just a 3rd :)

CGRescueSwimmer
02-12-2008, 08:24 PM
Just a lowly second here, so only respect for my fellow man who thinks for themselves.

torchbearer
02-12-2008, 08:31 PM
It has only just begun. The fight for freedom is what we signed on for. The war is never ending. We need to somehow influence the existing delegates. There are some who are doing this. I am running for congress 5 th Dist) and lobbying those delegates currently in the attempt to get Paul supporting Delegates at Large considered. There are things to do. Any ideas? We need feet on the street. Try to energize and find something to do. You guys did a great job! Don't get down too much about it.

The whole Ron Paul Phenomenon, guided us through a corrupt process. We hit a wall. But, we have made a thorough mockery of the LAGOP. It is dripping with corruption as evidenced by the multitude nefarious dealings we saw them engage in. Because, only we have that perspective, we are now the vanguard. We have gained a certain wisdom others have not had the opportunity to develop. It is time to count the cost. We are entering uncharted waters with no land in sight. If we continue, we must ask. Will we make it to the beautiful shore of freedom for our friends and family? Do we have the choice to back out? The answer is yes. But we cannot have both.

We now have momentum we have never had before. Our evil opponent's biggest weapon against us is called, "Divide and Conquer". This ancient tactic of war is found in Tsun Tzu's "The Art of War"(This is required West Point reading). For the first time since the Renaissance we can clearly see what the enemy is doing against us. We simply must persevere. We must duplicate ourselves in our friends and family. It boils down to the conveyance of information. We are at an unprecedented time in history and we are currently winning. We are writing our epithets now. I wonder what will be said at our passing? Will they say,"They really had an opportunity to free us and they blew it!"? Or will we persevere in this fight as Ron Paul, wants us to? We can never loose until we quit fighting.

american.swan
02-12-2008, 08:40 PM

Take part in your local GOP offices. Win your district for freedom. Influence your mayor and county rulers

torchbearer
02-12-2008, 08:50 PM
Take part in your local GOP offices. Win your district for freedom. Influence your mayor and county rulers

and take the time to watch: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6015291679758430958