PDA

View Full Version : I need a letter from Dr. Paul or I'm going to have a nervous breakdown

dseisner
02-06-2008, 07:12 PM
My faith continues to wain. Ron Paul said we would do better on super tuesday than a lot of people expected...did we? Did he expect this/does he have a plan for this? Doesn't he need to win 5 states in order to be a nominee at the convention? Right now, the only state he has a shot at is LA. I don't know what to do. All of my energy was focused on believing Ron Paul could win and we might be able to live free. But now, maybe going the GOP route was not the answer. What is our focus now? I need to hear from him, I'm in knots. Anybody else with me?

LittleLightShining
02-06-2008, 07:16 PM
Don't despair! Keep fighting the good fight! Watch this:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDfPaUux1Kc
Don't read any more 3rd party threads.

Strike-Fighter
02-06-2008, 07:17 PM
While I do admit that getting an email from Ron Paul is the coolest thing ever, we didn't do as bad as it seems. Patience, and trust that Ron Paul knows what is going on. If he weren't running this thing, I'd be nervous too :P

hueylong
02-06-2008, 07:20 PM
First -- the word is "wane". Second -- it's not Dr. Paul's job to hold your hand.

Read the posts on the official campaign website, and you'll understand exactly where we are.

Time to grow up.

ambiguousscion
02-06-2008, 07:49 PM
First -- the word is "wane". Second -- it's not Dr. Paul's job to hold your hand.

Read the posts on the official campaign website, and you'll understand exactly where we are.

Time to grow up.

Easy there, someone may accuse you of being sensitive.

WilliamC
02-06-2008, 07:54 PM
My faith continues to wain. Ron Paul said we would do better on super tuesday than a lot of people expected...did we? Did he expect this/does he have a plan for this? Doesn't he need to win 5 states in order to be a nominee at the convention? Right now, the only state he has a shot at is LA. I don't know what to do. All of my energy was focused on believing Ron Paul could win and we might be able to live free. But now, maybe going the GOP route was not the answer. What is our focus now? I need to hear from him, I'm in knots. Anybody else with me?

Remember,

IT'S THE CONSTITUTION, NOT THE MAN!

Don't think for a minute that Ron Paul is going to abandon his 30+ year struggle to return this country to a more principled, Constitutional foundation.

Don't wait for his permission or guidance as to what you should do yourself to help in this struggle.

There's plenty to do while we're waiting to hear from him.

Brutus
02-06-2008, 08:23 PM
Dr. Paul ISN'T deity. A people who don't want to be free WON'T be free. There is no way to make them. We must continue on, "for the children", only that isn't a saying to justify even more incursions on our liberty when we say it. This was never going to be easy, and having a path forward doesn't mean that it was the path you'd hoped to take forward when you started.

Dr. Paul is a great man, but he is JUST a man.

josh24601
02-06-2008, 08:26 PM
The whole point of this movement is that you are supposed to STOP wimpering and cowering for the leadership and guidance of some Great Leader.

TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOURSELF.

And get a grip. Nothing happened that wasn't expected.

I'm trying to be patient with the newer supporters....

Computer
02-06-2008, 09:34 PM
Don't have a nervous breakdown. Look, it isn't about faith. Truth be told, there's a slim to none chance we'll win, but the future potential of this movement is very great. Just hang in there through thick and thin. Thinking isn't required. Mistakes will be made.

nullvalu
02-06-2008, 10:24 PM
We have 42+ delegates, I'd say that's better than most people thought. I've heard conflicting info on the 5 state thing. Anyone ever figure that out?

Crickett
02-06-2008, 10:45 PM
We have 42+ delegates, I'd say that's better than most people thought. I've heard conflicting info on the 5 state thing. Anyone ever figure that out?

Yeah. Has to win the majority of delegates from 5 states. We may be ok with that, hard to tell yet. Many writing here are very right. This is about changing this country. We are just starting. We must work, not just expect RP to work, by getting into office and the GOP committee and active politically, ourselves. We slept longer than enough. Now we must act.

spudea
02-06-2008, 10:53 PM

My readings on the 5 state thing is that he only needs the majority of delegates from 5 states when they vote at the convention. You don't have to have a majority from 5 going into the convention. As delegates get unbound in the brokered convention, they can vote for paul and possibly convince enough delegates from their state to be the majority to back paul. It prevents a candidate who may not get a majority in 5 states from winning. Meaning it is possible to get 51% of the delegates without winning a majority in 5 states.

diesirae
02-06-2008, 11:00 PM
My readings on the 5 state thing is that he only needs the majority of delegates from 5 states when they vote at the convention. You don't have to have a majority from 5 going into the convention. As delegates get unbound in the brokered convention, they can vote for paul and possibly convince enough delegates from their state to be the majority to back paul. It prevents a candidate who may not get a majority in 5 states from winning. Meaning it is possible to get 51% of the delegates without winning a majority in 5 states.

Yeah, this is correct.

The "5 state" thing refers to putting forward a nomination at the convention.

i.e. at the convention, delegates can advance names for a person to be nominated. In order for the nomination to be accepted, a majority of the delegates from 5 states must advance that nomination.

Bruno
02-06-2008, 11:09 PM
What about more creative ways to let people know Ron is still in the race, despite what the MSM says? Everything so far has been effective, but with grass-roots the sky is the limit. Think big, think blimp. We keep him in people's faces so they can't ignore it.

There are still many more states to go, some smaller and usually less significant ones as well. If we keep the word out, more people will wake up when they find out their lovefest for Romney, McCain, or Huckabee is slowing wearing off. They will take another (or more likely, their first) look at Paul and come to our side.

The added benefit is, that if he does indeed run third party as a last resort, the constant blanket of attention we provide on his behalf will pay big dividends.

slabjacker21
02-06-2008, 11:13 PM
Delegates become unbound if after the first round of voting noone gets a set percentage( can't remember the number. In the next round of voting pledged delegates can vote for whomever they choose. check this out: http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig8/kramer8.html

"Ron Paul isn't stupid, nor is he an amateur; he's been involved in politics off-and-on for 35 years and has defeated incumbents for Congress three different times, which is nearly impossible to do. My instincts are that many people underestimate him because he's so polite, soft-spoken and mild-mannered, and that he's a lot shrewder than people give him credit for. He certainly knows a lot more about campaigning than I do; if these rumors about his strategy turn out to be true, who am I to say he's wrong?

Besides, even if this rope-a-dope strategy fails, or turns out not to exist, one consolation is the other candidates are still dopes.=

January 28, 2008

Johnny Kramer holds a BA in journalism from Wichita State University and is available for hire as a writer and copyeditor. See his website. He writes from Wichita, KS.

SophisticatedFarmGirl
02-06-2008, 11:16 PM
Ron Paul's letters to us are always very inspiring. I think he must be waiting for the right time to speak. I do agree that it is up to us, we the people, to continue.

Still, a word or to from Dr. P would sure put a smile on my face.

tropicangela
02-06-2008, 11:19 PM
Turn off your TV and read the Daily Dose (daily)

http://people.ronpaul2008.com/campaign-updates

SophisticatedFarmGirl
02-06-2008, 11:24 PM

I've never had TV. In fact, "Turn off your TV, Turn on your Mind" was one of the newspaper ads I placed. ;)

wfd40
02-06-2008, 11:53 PM

Time to grow up.

i'm gonna go out on a limb and say you're one of those libertarians who actually enjoys never/not winning - just so you can maintain "moral superiority" over all of the "sheeple"..

:rolleyes:

I honestly don't know what makes me matter.. ineptness within the campaign to understand how america and american politics works.. or the same ineptness within the roots

raeason
02-07-2008, 01:01 AM
Don't despair! Keep fighting the good fight! Watch this:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDfPaUux1Kc
Don't read any more 3rd party threads.
That's an interesting vid, btw.

dseisner
02-07-2008, 01:10 AM
The whole point of this movement is that you are supposed to STOP wimpering and cowering for the leadership and guidance of some Great Leader.

TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOURSELF.

And get a grip. Nothing happened that wasn't expected.

I'm trying to be patient with the newer supporters....

Hey Josh...out of all the other people who bitched at me for writing this post, yours pissed me off the most BECAUSE YOU KNOW ME. I'm the dude who's been in the HQ half a dozen times in the last 2 weeks answering phones for this "super" tuesday. I'm not even close to a new supporter. I was waving signs on Hollywood and Highland in APRIL. Ironically, this isn't the first thing you've said that I've been baffled by even kinda pissed by. Sometimes, I don't even think you listen to anything RP says.

I'm still wondering why everybody is so cheery about yesterday's results. I'm not saying I'm done with the revolution, I just feel a little bit more sane (does that one pass the grammar police?) when Dr. Paul sends out a letter. Honestly, trying to elect RP Reps. to office and all the other suggestions I've heard for moving forward don't make sense to me. It made sense to try to change the system from top down but now I'm thinking we've just got to topple the whole thing...unless Dr. Paul still thinks we're in this thing...

dseisner
02-07-2008, 01:19 AM

I love how people come on the threads and speak as if they know. I have completely boycotted Fox News. I haven't paid attention to an MSM news source since. I read that fucking daily dose EVERYDAY. I read a large amount of these threads EVERYDAY. I was in this thing when EVERYWHERE you turned it was, "Who's Ron Paul?" I'm still in it. I'm a grown up. I want to be free and independent. I just need some good ol' Dr. P inspiration.

BigRedBrent
02-07-2008, 01:31 AM
Forward this to every supporter everywhere as soon as possible:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=1201693

I just need some good ol' Dr. P inspiration.

I completely understand. I think we all would.

David_Huxley007
02-07-2008, 02:44 AM
keep canvassing...
work on close friends only
it'll be faster and will save alot of time.
convert 3 and make strong conversions...
they'll convert 3 more each... and create a pyramid
take 1 week to convert 3 friends
2 weeks for them to digest and get strong
and 1 week for those 3 to convert 3 each... that makes 9
2 weeks for them 9 to digest and get strong
then 1 week for those 9 to convert 3 each... that makes 27
2 weeks for them 27 to digest and get strong
it goes like this

that's 6 months and 23 days

maeqFREEDOMfree
02-07-2008, 07:30 AM
are you seriously that unable to stand on your own? find strength in knowing you're doing your best to promote freedom!

belian78
02-07-2008, 09:57 AM
keep canvassing...
work on close friends only
it'll be faster and will save alot of time.
convert 3 and make strong conversions...
they'll convert 3 more each... and create a pyramid
take 1 week to convert 3 friends
2 weeks for them to digest and get strong
and 1 week for those 3 to convert 3 each... that makes 9
2 weeks for them 9 to digest and get strong
then 1 week for those 9 to convert 3 each... that makes 27
2 weeks for them 27 to digest and get strong
it goes like this

that's 6 months and 23 days

i'd go out on a limb and say that this is one of the planks of the next step to the Revolution. :D good post.

WRellim
02-07-2008, 01:40 PM

Time to grow up.

No need to be a {Democrat's Logo}.

No, it is not "Dr. Paul's job to hold your hand." -- but there is a friggin responsibility to NOT F-around with your supporters' morale as some type of "test of character."

Any COMPETENT campaign -- following such an important event, and failure of stated predictions and hopes to come true -- would have sent out SOMETHING for an email on February 6th

Every INCOMPETENT campaign quite frankly DESERVES to begin losing previously committed supporters and therefore donors. (But assuredly this will just give them greater opportunity to send out yet another "whiney" note complaining about the grassroots "failure" to continue support and inflowing cash. Just as they continue to whine about the "blackout" despite avoiding any realistic effort to change the root causes).

As for the "posts on the official campaign website" -- other than the RARE and rather obtuse press release, the completely BLANK events schedule, and the occasional ramblings (mainly consisting of quotes and links to things written by others and this put in a "wrapper" posted by a paid shill "blogger") -- to what exactly are you referring?

I DO agree with the GROW UP statement; but believe it is misdirected, and should be properly addressed to the campaign staff. (Who, by the way -- in relation to your metaphor -- *DID* seem to get their shaking little hands "held" by their candidate (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=114666), despite the fact that their continuing to receive paychecks should be ample evidence.)