PDA

View Full Version : Mark McBride for US Senate?

JSCHAFER1337
02-06-2008, 06:36 PM
Seems to be in line with Paul, especially in terms of foreign policy. Your guys' take?

http://markmcbride.us/

freedom-maniac
02-10-2008, 08:21 PM
I agree. I didn't hear him say anything about Iraq, but he did critize our imperalistic foriegn policy. "We're not Rome" he wrote.

MJfromCT
02-10-2008, 09:49 PM
I don't believe he is a Ron Paul Republican based on his issues pages. He sounds more like an isolationist but atleast he appears to respect smaller government and protecting the borders.

freedom-maniac
02-11-2008, 02:15 PM
He's better than any neo-con, I'll give him that.

RSLudlum
02-13-2008, 09:24 PM
Here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5WGC5Q1W4w

he quotes the bible saying that there will never be any peace in the middle east and states our problems are right here stateside, therefore am i wrong to assume that he believes we shouldn't be there,,,,He states at the very beginning that he is not a McCain Republican and that is kinda bold esp. since this appearance took place right after McCain won here in SC primary.

nate895
02-13-2008, 09:46 PM
Here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5WGC5Q1W4w

he quotes the bible saying that there will never be any peace in the middle east and states our problems are right here stateside, therefore am i wrong to assume that he believes we shouldn't be there,,,,He states at the very beginning that he is not a McCain Republican and that is kinda bold esp. since this appearance took place right after McCain won here in SC primary.

He only got 33%, I bet if it was just him vs. Huckabee, with no one else on the ballot, it would have been 60-40 Huckabee at best. You can substitute pretty much anyone for Huckabee (except Giuliani) and get the same result.

As per the man, I like him, seems fine to me.

Is it Graham's or DeMint's seat? If it is Graham, he has a shot at winning it.

RSLudlum
02-18-2008, 10:54 PM
Is it Graham's or DeMint's seat? If it is Graham, he has a shot at winning it.

It's Grahamnesty's spot.

McBride just updated his site and has a bit more info on the issues tab.

I might be voting for him but still looking around for other options also, anyone's better than McGrahamnesty.

nate895
02-18-2008, 11:24 PM
It's Grahamnesty's spot.

McBride just updated his site and has a bit more info on the issues tab.

I might be voting for him but still looking around for other options also, anyone's better than McGrahamnesty.

Good, he may have a small shot at winning, but a shot none the less.

02-19-2008, 05:32 PM
Isolationist, but far better than Lindsey Grahamnesty.

RSLudlum
03-29-2008, 09:01 AM
McBride just announce yesterday that he's seeking Graham's seat in as an independent:

A message to all members of McBride for U.S. Senate '08

To each and every Campaign Network member:

It is with great emotions that we have decided to make the following campaign announcement today. After lengthy discussions and thought, it has become clear that the direction we need to pursue is one independent of the Republican Party establishment. While I still consider myself a very conservative Republican, the party itself has put major constraints on our campaign. My next message to you all will be the speech that was delivered and will continue to be delivered across this great State.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart and my family's for your support and I certainly hope I can count on you for the upcoming months leading to November.

Please feel free to call anytime.

Sincerely,
Mark

McBride U.S. Senate ‘08

Phone: 803-269-4621 Friday, March 28, 2008
Fax: 843-488-4790
E-Mail: mark@markmcbride.us

nate895
03-29-2008, 11:31 AM
McBride just announce yesterday that he's seeking Graham's seat in as an independent:

A message to all members of McBride for U.S. Senate '08

To each and every Campaign Network member:

It is with great emotions that we have decided to make the following campaign announcement today. After lengthy discussions and thought, it has become clear that the direction we need to pursue is one independent of the Republican Party establishment. While I still consider myself a very conservative Republican, the party itself has put major constraints on our campaign. My next message to you all will be the speech that was delivered and will continue to be delivered across this great State.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart and my family's for your support and I certainly hope I can count on you for the upcoming months leading to November.

Please feel free to call anytime.

Sincerely,
Mark

McBride U.S. Senate ‘08

Phone: 803-269-4621 Friday, March 28, 2008
Fax: 843-488-4790
E-Mail: mark@markmcbride.us

Since you guys have a state convention, if you guys get enough there, try to pass a resolution that McBride is to be considered the nominee. That happens sometimes in races where the parties don't like their actual candidates.

RSLudlum
04-02-2008, 05:02 PM
:)

SCHotline Press Release (http://schotlinepress.wordpress.com/2008/04/01/mark-mcbride-applauds-governor-sanford%e2%80%99s-statement-on-real-id/)
April 1st, 2008

Mark McBride Applauds Governor Sanford’s Statement On Real ID
Calls On Senator Graham To Bring This Issue Up For Debate In The U.S. Senate

Mark McBride, petition candidate for the United States Senate and former two term mayor of Myrtle Beach, praised Governor Mark Sanford’s statement on the issue of Real ID that was released earlier today. McBride also called on Senator Lindsay Graham to bring this issue up for discussion in the United States Senate.

“Governor Sanford’s approach on Real ID is a victory. His statement is a victory for individual rights. It is a victory for federalism and it is a victory for cooperation between our governor and our General Assembly,” according to McBride.
He went on to say that it is important for the federal government to realize that vital decisions and real responsibility reside with state and local government. “The law passed by our legislature and Governor Sanford’s enforcement of that law demonstrates why we do not allow all power to belong to any level or any branch of government. The desire to resist unreasonable laws is why the palmetto tree is on our state flag. This same desire is why South Caroli na’s own Christopher Gadsden designed the “Don’t Tread on Me” flag; and this is why we have peaceful revolutions known as elections.”
Mark McBride then called on Senator Graham: “Bring this issue up for debate on the floor of the United States Senate. The world’s greatest deliberative body should not be allowing government agencies to make “law” in any case. This is especially true when it is a “law” that will have a direct impact on thousands of South Carolinians and hundreds of thousands of Americans on a daily basis. While Washington debates entitlements, they cannot overlook unfunded mandates to the State and local governments. There is no better example of an unfunded mandate t han the Real ID. Join Governor Sanford in taking a stand for South Carolinians on this issue.”

boggie08
04-05-2008, 09:14 AM
I checked the issues. He sounds good. I think Ron Paul supporters in South Carolina should support him.