PDA

View Full Version : NRA anti second amendment?

Abyss
02-06-2008, 06:17 PM
I heard this may be true. Is it?

sgrooms
02-06-2008, 06:18 PM
no way?

Revolutn
02-06-2008, 06:19 PM
Yes. Where have you been?

No but seriously I know we all learn things in our own time, but it is seriously true that the NRA is responsible for the passage of the 2 largest gun control laws ever.

Gunowners of America is a much more legitimate 2nd amendment defense organization.

Brutus
02-06-2008, 06:21 PM
Just imagine that Ron Paul is president, and a bunch of liberty minded people are in Congress, what does NRA-ILA do to raise funds?

Hondarider76
02-06-2008, 06:22 PM
From talking with a co-worker the way he described the NRA was that they make special concessions at times to get rulings and legislation passed in their favor at times. But I would doubt that they are anti 2nd amendment. But then again my eyes are still a little fuzzy from waking from such a long sleep, so you never can tell. On the other hand my co-worker said that the Gun Owners group is far less politically involved than the NRA. So there's always the possibility that they are just working on the inside.

Alawn
02-06-2008, 06:25 PM
Yes it is. It's hard to believe but it's true. The people who are members are pro 2nd Amendment and have no idea but the people who run it are not. Look at the laws they have pushed for. They just pushed probably the worst anti 2nd amendment bill ever to pass. GOA is way better.

Revolutn
02-06-2008, 06:26 PM
From talking with a co-worker the way he described the NRA was that they make special concessions at times to get rulings and legislation passed in their favor at times. But I would doubt that they are anti 2nd amendment. But then again my eyes are still a little fuzzy from waking from such a long sleep, so you never can tell. On the other hand my co-worker said that the Gun Owners group is far less politically involved than the NRA. So there's always the possibility that they are just working on the inside.

That's a very kind and appologetic view of the NRA's position, and convenient that you attribute all the statements to a 3rd party, not yourself so you can not be directly challenged without the challenger appearing hostile towards you in a personal way.

I'll simple say keep wiping the sleep from your eyes, and you will come to see the reality of the situation, despite your 'co-workers' propaganda. :)

Joe3113
02-06-2008, 06:27 PM
NRA is nWo controlled. 100% Controlled 'opposition'.

'Gun Owners of America' are the good guys.

nullvalu
02-06-2008, 06:28 PM
I got a membership letter in the mail yesterday asking for money & me to sign up. I cut up the plastic card, pasted it back to the letter, and wrote "My money and membership goes to the Gun Owners of America until you stop compromising on legislation." This went back out to them today, postage paid. :)