PDA

View Full Version : Northshore Weekly Meetups Proposition

mcenchroe
08-08-2007, 11:30 PM
Anyone interested in Weekly Meetups? I'm in.

Hello all,

I like the ideas Mike Esler has given us. I can see how everyone's time would be better spent: to be planning events of action using online resources, prior to the meetup; and utilize the meetup time to briefly discuss a few important topics and move on briskly to take part in an event of action following right afterwards.

Having an official meetup for Ron Paul for President 2008 every week is fine with me, maybe one for activism and one like we have been having for meeting new guests and discussions. Technically, there were already a few occasions where there were meetups/events that ran in to each other in back to back weeks. For me, if the event were posted in meetup for our group, I'd definitely try my best to be there. Like Carter has articulated in every meetup that I can remember, the meetup in our area is the Ron Paul for President 2008 local campaign and Ron Paul headquarters is not going to organize in this area to campaign full time, so it's up to us to make up for that.

-Aaron Crowe

IrrigatedPancake
08-08-2007, 11:54 PM
As most of you know, I have nothing better to do. Though, in the long term, is there really anything better to do?

mesler
08-09-2007, 06:40 AM
I'd be interested if it's actual activism, although at times it's tough for me since we're remodeling our kitchen atm and I have to keep th peace at home. :) However, yes, I'd be interested.

murray1998
08-09-2007, 12:21 PM
I wouldn't be able to make a meetup every week, but I'd certainly make them as often as possible. However, I don't think we should meet simply to spin our wheels. The key should be whether or not we have something to discuss and/or get accomplished.

mesler
08-10-2007, 06:12 AM
I think what would help is that when we met up we could do something instead of plan the next gathering. If we have 12 people on a Monday for 3 hours twice a week, that's a good bit of manhours.